Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:35:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christened on the way to work today  (Read 1519 times)
RavnMonster

05 S4R

« on: June 14, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »

Thats right, I got rained on for the first time on my bike. (yes I'm a noob rider) Wasnt too bad but it was the first time riding in rain. No biggie, just kept it strait and up right and used some extra caution. Love the summer afternoon storms.  Grin

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
-- Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
El Matador
Do I need knee pucks for my

'06 S2R1K, '07 695 - Sold, '99 996 - Sold, '04 Hurricane Project

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 01:43:26 PM »

Thats right, I got rained on for the first time on my bike. (yes I'm a noob rider) Wasnt too bad but it was the first time riding in rain. No biggie, just kept it strait and up right and used some extra caution. Love the summer afternoon storms.  Grin

I love riding in the rain. There's nothing like the look of shock, awe and horror on cagers faces when you pass them doing 90 in 30 degree weather...

PanDuc

'06 S2R800, '70 cb450 Cafe Project, 64 Harley FL

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 01:48:35 PM »

your right its not all that bad.  However, watc out for the smooth manhole covers, wide paint strips and the like.  These can all get real slippery when wet.

ride on brother!
cbartlett419
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 04:46:19 AM »

I love riding in the rain. There's nothing like the look of shock, awe and horror on cagers faces when you pass them doing 90 in 30 degree weather...
word
jesse370

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 05:35:56 AM »

i took the rider edge program and BOTH range days it was 45 degrees and a strong downpour. I was soaked but it was a great learning tool. It showed me that you still can lean and do certain things within reason and that tire will still stick and get you through it.

White S4Rs | Ducati Performance Chip | Termi's | Hyperpro side mount damper | Motowheels MW-7000 Slipper | Billet Clutch Cover |  Speedymoto Ti Spring Caps | Speedymoto Stainless Springs | STM Frame Plugs | Ducati Performance Seat | CRG Roll-A-Clicks
m0t0g0th

.:GoneFeral:.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:25:55 AM »

something about the smell of fresh rain on the road, and once it's let up you can smell all the green around, too, as the air is cleared a bit.  taking it slow in wet weather has that advantage, smells good and you've got the time to notice it.

A red traffic light means:
  • Incoming missiles
  • Stop
  • You win! Speed through the intersection to claim your reward!
slyfox

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 10:47:25 PM »

I love riding in the rain .....
duc996

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 02:53:26 AM »

If i get caught in one then yeah!!!!fun!!! but if i see the weather is going to pour before i take the bike out then i'll stay put,takes me at least two hours to detail the bike.PAIN!!!!

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: