Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 07, 2024, 02:24:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: low fuel light - but plenty of gas & immobilizer not turning off.  (Read 1442 times)
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« on: May 20, 2011, 10:08:03 PM »

so the last couple days my 'low fuel' light has come on but I had about a 1/2 tank.  This morning it stayed on the whole way to work (20 miles).  On the way home it stayed on for about 1/2 that distance then switched off.

Anything I should check or replace?

Secondly, lately I've been having trouble with the immobilizer disabling when I turn the key on.  The light on the dash stays solid and bike will not start.  I turn it off, back on, and usually will start right back up.  today on the way home from work, I put the key in, turned, no start.  light is solid.  turned off, on.  same thing.  turned off, waited a few seconds, turned on, started.

It's intermittent, doesn't happen every time, but I'm concerned about getting stranded somewhere.  Anything I should look into or just wait for the ECU to die?

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »

Rare for the low fuel sensor to fail in the 'on' mode, usually doesn't turn on so it strands folks.  Tongue
Check the electrical connectors and wires for issues.

Immo issues are often the antenna in the plastic surround, the wires are small.
The antenna may have come loose and fallen down a bit, the 'range' on the antenna/chip communication is pretty pathetic.
Also the electrical connectors.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Bones
In spanish she calls it

'02 M620 - '00 996

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 07:21:13 AM »

have you driven in the rain lately? might have gotten water in the cluster.

when my fuel level sensor went, it would keep the low-fuel light on all the time.

I'm a loner, Dottie...a rebel...
Scooter Montgomery

Milford, NH

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 07:18:28 AM »

I was problems with my low fuel light stay on, dim but on. Also I couldn't start my bike.
Pulled the cluster apart and poured about a half ounce of water out of the housing. The circuit board had corrosion on the bottom of it. I cleaned it up and installed it. It still wouldn't start, but the fuel light worked perfect, or so it seems. I pulled it apart again this time fully apart and there was more corrosion on the top side the circuit board. I'm going to see if it works tonight. if it does work I'm going to put a couple small weep holes in the bottom of the cluster to let any moisture drain out.

2003 620 Half Dark/ Half Silver 35,000 happy miles
Scooter Montgomery

Milford, NH

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 07:11:16 AM »

The bike started, but my tach is not working and my fuel light stays on. Looks like I'll be buying new gauges this year.

2003 620 Half Dark/ Half Silver 35,000 happy miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: