Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:21:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Lake Gathering  (Read 4403 times)
WarrenJ

« on: May 22, 2011, 01:55:50 PM »

Just testing the waters about having a small Italian (or any other) bike get together around Green Lake, WI.  There is a small Italian Restaurant outside of town with ok food, cute waitresses and great gellato.  The pie and salads are not up to Sal's standards but they are ok.  Let me know if anyone is interested.  Green Lake is about 25 miles West of Fond du Lac.  There is some ok riding up this way - not as twisty as the Kettles but far less traffic.  Thoughts?

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
sws

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »

I can probably make it, depending on weather/day of course.  Memorial Day weekend is looking pretty busy for me (planning a ride west to Prairie Du Chien) but maybe the following weekend?  I might be able to find a couple other guys from Madison too.  Keep me posted.

Tim
gregrnel

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 05:43:39 PM »

I could be up for that. I was also thinking about crashing the Volo Auto Museum's Italian Eye Candy cruise in on June 5th......

http://www.volocars.com/italian-super-cars.htm

2003 620ie red, cored stock pipes, Hit -Air jacket, nice deriere.
WarrenJ

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »

That looks interesting!  I am probably going to go to Road America that Friday and that will probably consume my disposable income.  My buddy from PA is coming out Saturday with his Norton Commando for about 3 weeks.  I don't think he could hack the 8 hour round trip down there and back.  Bring it up again next year!

sws

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 06:30:35 PM »

Wow, today was a blast.  Put on 200 miles west of Madison on some of the best roads I've had the pleasure to be on.  Got a little warm after lunch but it was fun.

Just put on a Sargent, I've yet to give it two thumbs up but it's an improvement.  Smiley

Looking forward to the next ride, what say you, Warren?
WarrenJ

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 05:44:20 AM »

How about meeting up at Road America this weekend?  I'm thinking Saturday at this point, depending on the weather outlook.  With the Subway receipt promo, its pretty reasonable to get in.  Not a super exciting ride but a pretty interesting event.  Thoughts?

Nubes

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »

Hey Warren I'll be up there the whole weekend. Saturday morning were planning on going for a ride I know some pretty nice roads I'll check for your posts if the hotel has wifi other wise Saturday we'll be at turn 7 up on the hill or turn 5 Sunday I have a 05 s2r800 dark.
WarrenJ

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 06:19:48 PM »

So far the weather is looking good for Saturday so I'll  likely be there.  I'll be on a 2000, M750 with a DP tank and will be with a yellow Norton Commando and a maroon Suzuki Intruder. 

WarrenJ

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »

Didn't see the 800 Dark up on Turn 7.  Saw a red 620 go past - was that Gregrnel?  Saw a grey 620 Sport - I don't think I've ever seen one of them before.  I was hoping that Johnson Leathers would be there again with the Forcefield Armor.  I had a couple of dollars burning a hole in my pocket for some limb tubes. 

gregrnel

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 05:59:38 PM »

I was there on my 620, tooling around with a buddy on his 910 Brutale Dolph Great racing! bow down

WarrenJ

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 05:37:54 AM »

Black jacket with white trim?

gregrnel

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 06:30:35 AM »

Yuppers, but the Brutale would be the absolute dead give away. May of been the only MV up there. I love that bike, but it's waaaaaay too much bike for an old man like myself.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: