Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:04:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need some advice  (Read 3881 times)
ute

I Have Titanium

« on: June 15, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »

ok how do i set up this combo

long right  hand sweeper 140 kph imediate 90 deg left 40-60 kph and i mean imediate

so any advice ?

sems like if i setup for slow 90 sweeper is to slow

setup for sweper overcook 90.......not a good thing at all

thanks for any help
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:43:53 PM »

Do you have a diagram or can you point us to a google map?  I'm having a hard time picturing it from your description.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:04:58 PM »

RST ...good help

its a street  / country road

the 90 leads to the long straight ....but the sweeper is sooooooooooooo inviting

thats what i thought sacrifice 1 of  the corners

i will try and google sat map it
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:13:57 PM »

ok lets see if this works

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src=" "></iframe><br /><small><a href=" " style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

the intrsection of  139 & 136
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 04:15:27 PM »

Reverse your loop and go the other direction on it. Wink

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 05:28:18 PM »

ha ha good call ...its way more fun this way
EvilSteve
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 06:09:23 PM »

I have a corner like that up near me, nowhere near as fast & the sharper corner often has dirt on it (and a rock wall on the outside). I usually set for the sharper corner, the sweeper is uphill & the rock wall is on the inside of it. Take a wide line & late apex on the sweeper to the outside of the road to set up for the 90, that'd be my suggestion anyway.

Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 06:32:21 PM »

Reverse your loop and go the other direction on it. Wink

laughingdp  +1

That would be so much more fun run from the other direction.  Really, right on the exit from the sweeper just when you're getting on it again, you're hard on the brakes scrubbing off enough speed to make a blind left dogleg that happens to be an intersection.  I know those people have to yield to you, but  Shocked.  I wouldn't want someone to be making a left onto 139 from 136 as I'm setting up for that turn, have them not see me, and then have a nice big ol' head on encounter with any other vehicle. 

Going the other way, you can potentially save yourself some pucker moments by taking a tight line around the right dogleg to avoid anyone potentially encroaching on your lane.  You'll already be going slowly, so if anyone has turned left off 136 already and hasn't gotten to speed yet, the worst they'll do is kill your drive into the kink.  Nobody should be crossing your lane going in that direction.  The really nice thing about running it the opposite way is that you probably won't have to use any brakes for the kink and you certainly won't have a problem with pushing the front unless you're going WAY too fast for the street.  If the roads are wet or there is debris, especially if you feel a slide starting, just remember to stay on the gas, either with a minimum of a neutral throttle or opening it easily.  Don't ever chop the throttle, on the street or the track, no matter if the front or rear is sliding.  It's so counterintuitive, but it will save you from having a very bad day.  Look where you're going and don't give up. 

Whatever line you choose, make sure you stay entirely in your own lane.  Not just your tires.  It has to be your entire body including your head.  Make sure everything you don't want hit is well on your side of the road.  Playing with lines at speed is only safely done at the track.  There are too many immovable objects and things that can make you go  Shocked Angry Roll Eyes on the road. 

Whatever you do, keep the rubber side down!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 06:41:00 PM by Ducatista » Logged

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »

great reply Ducatista

so true about what you said  you do have to pay attention at the intersection lucky north is gravel road

and you called it about throttle chop it is so easy to fall into that trap on this set of curves
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: