Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 01:12:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northeast Run  (Read 3408 times)
WarrenJ

« on: June 22, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »

Thinking about taking a spin this weekend up to Shawano, over to Oconto, down the West side of Green Bay, back through Pulaski and home.  If anyone is interested, let me know.

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
Nubes

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »

What time are you leaving sat or Sunday. I didn't see you at the AMA race we ended sitting at the bend after the carousel. I did see your bike at the vintage race up the hill to the pits by the gear box.  I'll let you know tomorrow my brother inlaw is coming down with his gsxr and we were planning on going for a ride depends on how Friday night goes talk to u soon
WarrenJ

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 05:41:19 PM »

I was looking at leaving here about 7:00AM, maybe I could meet you guys by Shiocton or whatever is convenient.  I live about 25 miles West of Oshkosh, off the Southwest corner of Lake Poygan. 

Nubes

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 02:06:57 PM »

When my brother inlaw gets here I'll let u know shiocton would be good I heard hwy 187 up to the reservation is nice
Nubes

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »

No dice I quess were go fishing ride safe and post the roads you ride
WarrenJ

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 11:23:04 AM »

Just got back.  Ride was pretty uneventful, which can be good.  222 miles according to the GPS.  Hwy 187 from Shiocton up had some twistys but the road surface was in poor condition and I was stuck behind a bluehair in a Buick for about half of it.  "S" South of Oconto Falls was a nice smooth empty road with some decent sweepers but it  was also full of county cops hiding in the weeds.  I was unmolested but some probably weren't so lucky. 

Funny waving phenomonon - everyone waved until noon then just about noone waved.  My theory is that the serious riders got out early this morning and the riders after noon were hung over and out of sorts from Friday night.

Time to get out the highlighter and mark off the new roads on the map.

Hope the fish were biting!

Nubes

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 01:23:52 PM »

hey warren, fish werent biting so after 2hrs we went for a ride. we also took 187 a little rough, to hwy k to hwy 55 through the indian reservation that was fast and in great condition i would highly recommend that road to other cow's moo then we took hwy ww to hwy t lots of gravel to hwy 64 or 164 south to w nice twisties but again more gravel then i would like so we did 190 miles took 5hrs saw 1 buell a cbr 600 a r1 and about 100 hogs it must have been nice out because about 1/2 waved. i was shocked.
WarrenJ

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »

I'll have to try 55 sometime.  I took 187 to K then E to the East to Oconto Falls.  I'm thinking about doing a run down to Baraboo for business then running some of the twisties to the Northwest of there, coming out by Mauston.  Might be able to get it done sometime this week if the schedules and weather cooperate.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: