Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:03:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any smaller women on s2r?  (Read 4526 times)
kittay

« on: June 07, 2011, 10:22:18 AM »

I'm really debating between a Monster 695 and the s2r800. I am only 5'2 and a short inseam, so the 695 was very appealing to me due to the seat height. But I really love the look of the single swing arm! Looking at the specs they are pretty similar, just the s2r has an inch taller seat and weighs a bit more.
Unfortunately, I've been searching for a few months for a Monster in my area. I've ridden my friends 99 750 around, but it had seen better days.

If anyone has any input relating to either of these two bikes, please chime in Smiley
Thanks!! Tami
kp

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:32:34 AM »

Tami, my advise is to go with the M695. The seat height can be lowered a little, but if
you do lower it, only do it a little bit. You don't want to change the dynamics of the bike. I did that on my M620 and raised it back up the next day. The M695 is a blast to ride, extremely flickable and nimble. I've had mine for nearly 4 seasons and will pass it on to my daughter when I purchase an M795. I still love to ride it!

good luck and keep us posted!
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 06:42:32 AM »

The 'low' seat that the 695 has will fit the S2R.  chug

Pick whichever one you like the most.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Sachica

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »

In my experience, seat height seems really important at first when you are just getting started but becomes progressively less important as you get more comfortable. I would get the bike you like better. You can lower it at first if that helps and then raise it back up when you're ready. You may need to soften the suspension of the bike for your weight, so that might also bring the seat height down a bit. 

GSXR 600
Kawasaki KLX 250s
Yamaha TTR 125
uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »

I've ridden the bike with both seats.  The higher seat on the s2r allows for faster turning or flickability in the canyons so if canyon riding isn't going to be your primary reason for getting the bike then it should be fine. 

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 07:17:36 AM »

I'm 5ft and I have a S2R1k...I have a lowering link in it and it's lowered in the front as well.
I switched my stock seat from the S2R to my old seat from my 620(because it's lower) and it fits me just fine...I still tippy toe, but i've been riding for so long now that i'm use to it  waytogo

God luck with whatever you get..

on a side note my BF is considering selling his s2r800 to get something different...PM me if you want any details  waytogo

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: