Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:18:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen Monster from Long Island 5/29 Recovered-6/1  (Read 8224 times)
speedknot

If a Honda= rice burner, then what is a Ducati?

« on: June 09, 2011, 06:40:43 PM »

Just figured I would share this one.  I got my Duc stolen from the parking lot of Riteaid pharmacy in Oakdale, NY.  I was in there for maybe 10 minutes and when I came out it was gone.  I shot back inside and asked the manager to see the video of the parking lot.  The video showed 3 guys wheeling the bike around the corner and down the side street.  Before calling the police, I went down the side street and started knocking on doors to see if anyone say something.  One neighbor said that two houses down from him is a house full of rowdy young men who ride bikes and are always in trouble with the police.  I knocked on that door and not surprising, no one answered.  After making the report, I got a ride home and got my van and surveilled the suspect house for a few hours at night but came up empty.  I thought for sure that the bike would be parted out and sold in no time but I got a call from the local cops a few days later that it was recovered in North Bellport.  No. Bellport is a shithole.  The report read that the patrol cop observed the driver riding the bike without a helmet and when he ran the plate, it came back stolen.  Upon attempting to pull him over, the jerk-off fled and dumped the bike a few blocks away and took off on foot.  Cops didn't get him.  I got my bike back on 6/1 with some damage but fixable.
I just got the bike back from the shop on 5/27 and it was jacked on 5/29.  My new tires look like they were put through the ringer.  Being that I really love the style of my bike, I wanted this Duc back in serviceable shape as opposed to getting a new one.  Its going to cost me about $1800 in mechanical and cosmetic repairs that the insurance will cover. 

2001 Duc M750, Harley Forty-Eight, 1976 Honda CB400F-SS, 1975 CB360T
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »

Glad you got it back.. that sucks..

Honda = rice burner
Ducati = pasta rocket

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »

that kind of sucks, id feel like my bike was so violated. Undecided  but im glad you got her back.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 03:11:30 AM »

that kind of sucks, id feel like my bike was so violated. Undecided  but im glad you got her back.
Your bike has been violated.  Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

speedknot

If a Honda= rice burner, then what is a Ducati?

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 06:27:45 AM »

It's going to take some time to wash off those stinkin paw marks from those damn dirty apes.

I got the check in the mail from the insurance company this morning and the parts are on order.  Progressive took care of this very quickly.  I should be motoring again in a few weeks. Dolph

2001 Duc M750, Harley Forty-Eight, 1976 Honda CB400F-SS, 1975 CB360T
forza110

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 10:37:54 AM »

wow, what an idiot! (I mean good for you) but who rides a stolen bike without a helmet...he should try to still some brains instead of bikes next time.

p.s- respect for knocking on the door like a man first, and then surveying the house...very beastly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: