Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:44:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bit Rattled...  (Read 9788 times)
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 07:42:30 AM »

i registered by mail the day they posted the dates, and the earliest class was already full Sad
bummed that i'd have to wait an extra month, i signed up for one of the later dates.
then i recieved a phone call the week of one of the classes because someone cancelled  waytogo

good luck on your test kyna Smiley
Kyna

put put put

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 07:46:49 AM »

I'm a total obsessor as well.  That's partially why I called (repeatedly) to check on my registeration.  Here we don't mail in a check with the registration, they bill you.  All I could do was sit at my computer and watch the classes I listed get marked "FULL."  I'm with Dolci - if they cashed your check then you are definitely in at least one of the classes.  Let that be a bit of a comfort to you.  

Just a tip, I'd get to the riding portion of the class early so you have a chance to scope out the available bikes and see which one you are most comfortable with.  It's nice having first pick of the bikes.  However, if you aren't comfortable on a specific bike for whatever reason speak up to one of the ride coaches.  They might be able to get one out of the garage that fits you better.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Robert J. Hanlon
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 09:19:38 AM »

Good tips.  My MSF instructors gave me first pick of bikes as I was the smallest one in my group.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Kyna

put put put

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 08:40:10 PM »

Sorry if this is a threadjack...but since you are as obsessive as me I thought I'd share some new found MSF knowledge.  I just sat down to my last class when my tablemate asked if I'd taken any of the practice tests.   D'oh silly me had not spent very much time on the actual MSF website.  So, if you care to indulge your obsessive nature once you start the class here is (one of?) the practice test(s).  I think it would have put me a bit more at ease prior to taking the test.  I believe I did fine, but I wasn't entirely sure what to expect for questions.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Robert J. Hanlon
dolci

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 03:57:15 AM »

I am not certain how similar they are, but in Maryland, the test is almost directly out of the course materials on the site.  Another thing I discovered was that the Maryland DMV "learner" test is different from the MSF.  If you want a learner's permit, specifically print out your state's materials.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
Shortie
Do not underestimate the power of stupid.

No longer hangin_biposto! :D

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 08:41:30 AM »

I don't consider it a threadjack if it's useful information  Wink

Hopefully you have some good news to share soon Kyna!

I have indeed spent some time on the MSF's website playing around with the practice tests and other materials to try and familiarize myself with the format and content.

Street - 1991 GSF 400 Bandit
Dirt - 1972 Chaparral ST80

Welcome to cats  Cool

So cute and small.

Such terrible things come out of them  Lips Sealed

www.pbase.com/mcharest
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »

HB-

One thing I didn't see mentioned- how cops pickup their bikes.

Since they weigh like 900 pounds.  Even us tall guys would have trouble with that.

They get on the seat side of the bike, put their hip into the seat and walk it backwards while keeping the bars turned so it moves in a circle.  The further along the circle you get the more the bike stands up (keep leaning on it)

Here's another method that's similar http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/pickup.html

My suggestion is to empty the carbs as mentioned above.  Lay it down in grass to help protect the bike.

Do it without Tony around, it will help keep you from being self conscious.

Also, make sure you ask Ducpainter about the tiny girl who raced.  Ask him how she got on her bike and handled it.  It'll blow you away.

I hope this helps waytogo

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
whidbeymonster

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 07:04:34 PM »

Hi, I am brand new here but i just thought I would share my awful moment too, cause it is the worst feeling to think you are the only one who has dropped your bike! I bought my monster as a 30th b-day present to myself and dropped it less than an hour after bringing it home. The monster was a much bigger bike then  my two before, so I spent the whole next 2 days doubting a questioning myself. Practice makes perfect. I love me ride now, and I laugh about it now. This too will pass.
Tara
Kyna

put put put

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 03:51:54 AM »

/threadjack

Tara, not to invade your privacy but do you live on Whidbey Island?  I think that is one of the most beautiful places ever.  It is on the top of my "places I'd Love to Live" list.

end threadjack/

whidbeymonster

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 06:59:44 PM »

kyna,
yup i sure do live on whidbey! that is so cool that you know where we are! where are you? my husband is stationed for the navy here, but love it and i want to stay here permanently! i love the mountains, and the water. it is so beautiful and still so rustic and uninhabited. i am an emergency nurse and i love my little country hospital. and it is a great great place to ride the ducati! anyway, you should move on up here! you won't regret it!
tara
 waytogo
Kyna

put put put

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 12:50:51 PM »

I grew up in Oregon, but currently live in Wisconsin.  So no Whidbey for me, at least not for a while.   Cry 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: