Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 03:42:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody know a handy man  (Read 3229 times)
bucky

« on: June 16, 2008, 05:00:06 PM »

We got a water softner and need to get it installed.  Anybody know someone reputable that they could recommend?

Thanks,

Bucky
psicorp

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »

buy some beers and have ride end at your house and I am sure we can get installed  waytogo

2000 748s
Manny

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 08:22:13 PM »

My brother in law is the maintenance manager for a largish apartment complex in Fort Collins. He's HVAC certified and cert'ed for pools and all kinds of other stuff. Do you want me to give him a call and see if that skill is on his resume too?
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 05:09:49 AM »

We got a water softner and need to get it installed.  Anybody know someone reputable that they could recommend?

Thanks,

Bucky

You live in Colorado now.  We don't have hard water, just hard cider.  (only occasionally in the winter.)

My brother in law is the maintenance manager for a largish apartment complex in Fort Collins. He's HVAC certified and cert'ed for pools and all kinds of other stuff. Do you want me to give him a call and see if that skill is on his resume too?

What about this guy:

Handy Manny - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handy_Manny

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 08:20:22 AM »

Hasn't that been posted in the past?

bucky

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 10:51:43 AM »

Yeah that would be great if you could contact him and see what he thinks.

Bicks, ok if it isn't hard water what would you call it, extremely mineral enriched?!?!?  I think it is actually so mineral enriched it isn't good for our plants.  I had to start watering them with filtered water....

Oh and thanks Handy Manny!!!!!
Manny

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 07:40:29 PM »

laughingdp I've never seen that before. I smell a new avatar coming up...

Thanks Bick  Kiss
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 04:58:02 AM »

laughingdp I've never seen that before. I smell a new avatar coming up...

Thanks Bick  Kiss

You've never seen the pic before?  I know you're watching the show every day.  Grin 
(ok, you have the job to use as an excuse...)

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Manny

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:59:49 PM »

You've never seen the pic before?  I know you're watching the show every day.  Grin 
(ok, you have the job to use as an excuse...)

Nah. They're loyal Dora fans. Although the recent phase has been the movie "Madagascar." If I hear that little IZ_ thing sing, "I like to move it, move it," one more time this week, I may just air-mail them all to Lithuania or somewhere equally distant.
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 05:06:59 PM »

Just for you, Manny  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/v/O_r2psdrQkM&hl=en

Manny

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 11:08:48 AM »

You're an evil man, Bick. You only posted that because you know I'm in the next county over ...  Evil

laughingdp Actually, I like this version of the song. And sung by 2 year-olds is hilarious!  laughingdp
RSVRider

Pondering whether to stay or just pass thru.....

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »

Not to thread-jack but I'm looking for someone who is good with concrete (like maybe some sort of masonry guy who wants some spare cash on the side) ... upper deck needs repair.

Rides:  1999 Suck-zuki Kana-tuna 600 (what a POS), 2002 Aprilia RSV (RIP 2007 in Deckers), 2007.5 Aprilia RSV Bol d'Or Edition (yeah it's got lavender paint on it.  That problem for you?).  2012 Monster 796 w/ Termis.
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »

Not to thread-jack but I'm looking for someone who is good with concrete (like maybe some sort of masonry guy who wants some spare cash on the side) ... upper deck needs repair.

That would be getting the thread back on track...

I do know someone - He has been doing a lot of work in Wyoming, but still coming back on weekends when he can.  I will see if he can do it.

Will you HOA allow him to work on weekends?

RSVRider

Pondering whether to stay or just pass thru.....

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 06:55:35 AM »

Yeah no worries there, especially if I warn the neighbors in advance ... they're pretty cool about things like this.

Rides:  1999 Suck-zuki Kana-tuna 600 (what a POS), 2002 Aprilia RSV (RIP 2007 in Deckers), 2007.5 Aprilia RSV Bol d'Or Edition (yeah it's got lavender paint on it.  That problem for you?).  2012 Monster 796 w/ Termis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: