Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 25, 2024, 06:18:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1199 Photo leak!  (Read 82242 times)
zarn02

« Reply #300 on: September 29, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »

I was being a bit sarcastic. 

Apologies. Sarcasm detector must be running at half-capacity this afternoon. Tongue

"If it weren't for our gallows humor, we'd have nothing to hang our hopes on."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #301 on: September 29, 2011, 02:45:53 PM »

waytogo

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Triple J
« Reply #302 on: September 29, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »

so has anyone tested the bike and "leaked" the results?  I'm still betting the base price to be $24,999  Tongue

Bayliss

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=51286.msg968309#msg968309
$Lindz$

« Reply #303 on: September 29, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »

The current (and recent) Ducati superbikes have all been derived from the revolutionary 916. For the past 17 years, the frame has (for all intents and purposes) been the same design. The bikes have of course gotten an evolved engine (which has been again, of the same original design), suspension, brakes, fueling and electronics, and have obviously increased substantially in power (with lower weight thanks to the newest engine evolution).

Considering everything, this will be their first ground-up SBK design in almost 2 decades... Sarcasm or not, I'm pretty sure the damn 1198 needs to be put out to pasture already.

Can't wait for the 1199!

zarn02

« Reply #304 on: September 29, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »

Just to be an intolerable pedant, the current superbike engine derives from the 851, not the 916. Wink

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #305 on: September 29, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »

Just to be an intolerable pedant, the current superbike engine derives from the 851, not the 916. Wink

actually, all derived from the Apollo engine

Evil

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #306 on: September 29, 2011, 05:47:37 PM »

You guys actually believe that people will not buy the 1199? Some people will buy anything with the Ducati logo on it. I would go as far as to say that 75% of Ducati owners in the US do not watch any racing.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
zarn02

« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »

You guys actually believe that people will not buy the 1199? Some people will buy anything with the Ducati logo on it. I would go as far as to say that 75% of Ducati owners in the US do not watch any racing.

Hey, this here boy-racer wannabe only accepts the very best, irrespective of his capacity to use it!

(Which is limited, to be charitable.)

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #308 on: September 29, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »

I don't watch racing.  I'd rather be out riding.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #309 on: September 29, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »

actually, all derived from the Apollo engine

I was going to say pantah

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #310 on: October 10, 2011, 04:37:00 AM »

A mini site for the superquadro engine is up

http://www.superquadro.ducati.com/en/

Not too much info, but there are hp and torque curves. Peak HP of 195 at 10750, with a max rev (on the chart) of 11,500. Peak torque is 8,750 and looks to be 98 ft/lbs.

Some photos and CAD renderings of the engine. It's a chain driven cam, not quite the gear stack of the GP engines, but gone is the belt. Some other details:

Perfomance

_195 hp
    _4.41 in (112 mm) bore diameter
    _Full and indipendent RbW system
    _2.66 in (67.5mm) equivalent diameter oval throttle body
    _Twin injectors for each throttle body
    _Feeding and delivery gerotor oil pumps for vacuum effect
    _Crankshaft on shell bearing for enhanced stiffness

Weight reduction

_Nikasil coated alluminium wet liners
    _Decompressor device on both cylinder heads
    _Inlet titanium valves
    _Magnesium sump cover, head covers and clutch covers
    _Plastic gears (tecno polimeri) for oil and water drive

Power Delivery

_Integrated design for engine & vehicle: the new Superquadro engine is a fully stressed member of the chassis
    _Racing oriented pistons: double ribbed and RR58 alloy
    _Secondary Air System
    _New chain drive timing system
    _Slipper and self-servo wet clutch
    _New gearbox: increased dimension between shaft centers for increased strenght

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #311 on: October 10, 2011, 05:00:34 AM »

That engine looks very sexy

60.8mm stroke.  That's amazing.  The 750 has a 61.5 stroke and the 600 had a 58mm stroke.  can't imagine what the pistons must be like to keep them from getting cocked in the bore.

have to say i like the "superquadratta" name over "superquadro"

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
77south

« Reply #312 on: October 10, 2011, 05:18:27 AM »

I looked at the site linked above, and that is one amazing engine.  One question I have though, is on the rod that holds the rocker arms,  (i may have that terminology wrong, the rod that hold the dealy-bobs that the cams move is what I am trying to say) Right next to the bits that the cams move, wrapped around the rod and connected to the things I am calling rocker arms, are.... springs!  what are springs doing in a desmo engine?
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #313 on: October 10, 2011, 05:36:58 AM »

what are springs doing in a desmo engine?

There's always been helper spring on the closer side. Sure as hell springs in my 2000 2v

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2011, 05:45:33 AM »

what are springs doing in a desmo engine?

all of the street bikes have helper springs -- about 7lbs.  actual poppet valve springs on spring valve bikes run 60-80-100 lbs.

some racers remove them and set the closer to some really tight gaps which pull the valve nearly closed and the pressure in the cylinder shuts it.  street bikes usually do not have exhaust closers that tight and the extra help with the spring keeps things running well.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: