Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 21, 2024, 10:33:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pasadena California - any suggestion what to ck out?  (Read 4127 times)
erkishhorde

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 08:04:47 AM »

RAT900's list has a lot of things that aren't anywhere near Pasadena... It'll take you a good 30 minutes w/o traffic to get to Disneyland and 45 to get to the Ghetty. But of course there is never a time when there isn't any traffic around those two destinations so multiply travel times by at least 1.5.  Roll Eyes

If you're into dim sum, there's a Taiwanese Dim Sum place called Din Tai Fung in Arcadia off of Baldwin just past Huntington. It's about 5-10 minutes from Pasadena. But if you're into more traditional Dim Sum there's some good places in Alhambra and it's only about 20 minutes away tops straight down the Pasadena freeway. Then you can see what it's like to drive on one of the first freeways ever built, 100ft long on-ramps and all.

It's not really all that special but there's an ice skating rink in Pasadena too. Or... was... I don't think it's been torn down but I haven't been there in more than 7 years.

Little Tokyo and China Town are about 20-30minutes away.

If you decide to wander out toward the Ghetty and the Santa Monica area, hit up GusDuc if he's still got an account here. I don't think I've seen him post in a while but he's got good connections around that area for his work and can help you find things that you'll find interesting.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:06:34 AM by erkishhorde » Logged

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
derby

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 06:21:57 PM »

note, the 405 through the sepulveda pass is going to be closed the weekend of the 16-17.

if you're here those days, stay AWAY from the west side of LA.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
red baron

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »

Carmageddon.
 waytogo

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
red baron

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 10:23:13 AM »

if you're here those days, stay AWAY from LA.

Fixed
 Grin

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 04:58:08 AM »

+1 on Din tai Fung!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 05:41:38 PM »

caramageddon - now i know what it means (well about to).  It's apparently a big deal here.

Got lost and ended up in China town (check)
highway one (pacific highway) (check)
universal - john luvtz - jay and silent bob get old podcast - watch the taping (check)
lots of sleeping - wasted four days doing nothing ( check with regret )

Just rented a fiat 500  cheeky n having fun at highway one.  (check)Just saw a monster 900 in one of my stops.  Lucky dude.  Wish I could ride this road with my monster as well as bicycle.  Maybe one day if I hit lotto.  Lo

"vacation" by oneself sucks  (check)
"vacation" at a married friend place with new baby - sucks - they all thing their baby is #1 bla bla bla and that I need to get married as I am way too old now (39)...  Cry (check)

got 2 more days left - need to do something more i guess ...   Huntington garden tommorrow Smiley   

anyhow thx for the suggestions...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:02:57 AM by ab » Logged

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
erkishhorde

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 06:40:12 PM »

If you like the gardens, there's also the Arboretum in Arcadia by the Santa Anita Race track. I think the entrance is off of Baldwin but I could be wrong. I haven't been there since I was in 3rd grade but I pass by it all the time on my way to bike nights or Din Tai Fung. If you plan on going there, get dim sum in the morning at Din Tai Fung! I know I already suggested it. If you want, I'll even come out to join although I'll be driving since my bike isn't running right now. If you PM me tonight I can get you my phone number so we can grub together at Din Tai Fung. I haven't been there in a while and it's no fun going alone.

There's supposed to be a block party in Santa Ana tonight starting at 9.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=183198605072744

I guess if you want, you go go out to the Garden Grove/ Westminster area and check out Little Saigon and go to a coffee shop. *shrug* Pass an hour with an overpriced smoothie staring and bikini girls.

You said you'd already found your way to Chinatown but you could back to that area and wander around Little Tokyo a bit. I hear there's supposed to be a maid cafe around there somewhere now. Haven't been there yet though so I don't know exactly where it is.

It's not as much fun as riding, but you could drive out ACH to Newcomb's just for shits and giggles or run out to Mulholland to try and find Leno at the Rock Store. I hear he usually goes out there on Sundays.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:49:36 PM by erkishhorde » Logged

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »

Thx.  Not really into gardens but i have enjoyed some of the really nice green house gardens in SF.
Too bad not enough time but next time I hope to ride in the city n pacific highway.

I am riding this fiat like I stole it around the city n it's the next best thing to having a bike.

I was surprised to see so many monster bikes in LA.  It must b the headquarter of monsters in the u.s

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: