Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 04:26:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2001 750 SS ...runs great but pops some ?  (Read 2082 times)
H-2 CHARLIE

« on: July 10, 2011, 07:06:17 PM »

the bike is a 2001 750 and it runs great its F.I.  so it idels fine revs great but it pops or almost sounds like its starting to run out of gas or grounding out or   ? it does it when you gas it and it starts ot pop but really dont effect the power load .i am running a sock over the velisity intake which it came this way from PO. IS IT A STRECHED TIMING BELT ? It does it after about 5-10 min afeter on the road ....ANY ONE WANT TO COMMENT ?
H-2 CHARLIE

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 08:48:30 AM »

wow ..18 views and no feed back ...I did a search on emmisions removel and the end caps are a must to be pluged and i did see a open nippel under the bottom of the injector that was off ...I  will plug this nipple and check both and i will see /// feed back comming soon . 
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 09:21:28 AM »

The popping is coming from the exhaust? Does is pop more under certain conditions that others? IE under engine breaking/decel?

Did you make any changes right before this condition began?

wow ..18 views and no feed back

You original post is pretty hard to follow man. And getting grouchy about a few people viewing and not giving any response isn't a way to endear people to you. The active population on the board isn't huge -  patience.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 12:34:13 PM »

What RPM?  My 900SS would do that  just under 4K.  I was attributing it to the factory lean map since it didn't really affect anything else ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
H-2 CHARLIE

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:36:46 PM »

OK it happened more when i rode it on a hot day  ... then under hard throtle under low RPMs it still did it .. to nite it did it just a little bit on a shrort ride a few towns over but not near as bad as on a hot day .  This would great to get fixed but  i can live with it ... it does idle fine and rev great but under a load even on  a fast rev it might do it .
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 05:17:29 AM »

My 900SS would pop when you hovered in the general 3500-4200 RPM range, but I didn't notice it if I really twisted on it.  It really could be the factory lean map.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
zarn02

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 08:12:14 AM »

They do come lean from the factory.

Any other mods? Freer-flowing exhaust or intake? Both?

"If it weren't for our gallows humor, we'd have nothing to hang our hopes on."
H-2 CHARLIE

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »

The mods are a short yosh pipe and lt has canvas stuff zip tied over the intake runners . I did  find the one nipple open on the intake runner , it has a very tiny pin hole on the end so i red temp glued  it with a tight rubber cap . I have not had a chance to ride it but tommorow i will report back and see .
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:33:45 PM by H-2 CHARLIE » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: