Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:18:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen Monster  (Read 9368 times)
sunbum

« on: July 19, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »

Hi all,
  I'm hitting every Ducati resource I can find to spread the word.  My 1996 M900 was stolen from my garage last night in what I surmise to be a premeditated hit.  Specs: 1996, Red tank/front fender/pillion cover, original gold frame, Ohlins rear shock with external reservoir, gold Evoluzione slave cylinder, Galfer clutch line, home-cut custom clutch cover in the shape of the Corse shield, red painted pressure plate, K&N filter pod mod with custom battery box, K&N breather filter, SuperSport levers, home built LED tail light with fender delete mod, Ferrari logo sticker on pillion cover, Napoleon mirrors, tank has a very small indentation on left front from the right fork stop being broken, D&D slip ons, and a couple of touched up nicks on it from the clutch lever mount hitting the tank when it was raised once.  It has a March inspection sticker on the fork tube from Virginia (Hampton Roads area), and the pillion seat cover has a touched up scratch from a boot being slung over carelessly.  I can provide the VIN but don't know if putting it out here is the wisest thing to do right now.  I'm still waiting on the auto theft detectives to contact me. Also stolen were my two helmets: flat black half helmet and white full face with home-cut "D" circle logo cut from reflective 3M tape on back center with a thin green reflective strip at base of the neck, as well as my Joe Rocket gauntlet gloves.

I've got a picture posted on my FB profile:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/myron.ware

If anyone knows other things I can do to get the word out and increase the very slim chances of recovery, please let me know.  I've got friends around here calling their contacts, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Myron
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:27:08 PM by sunbum » Logged
lawmaster891

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 05:48:47 PM »

sorry to hear that really blows. I know how you feel i had a good frame stolen out of the bed of my truck
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 05:50:52 PM »

Thieves suck Angry  OK, that doesn't help, but you should post here 
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=4ggolbrqav3ajrejua3p4cerr0;www;board=77
and your local board.
polivo

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »

did you recently have it serviced?  Ive heard of places where the employees make keys.. and they have all the rest of the information they need to just go and pick it up!
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »

Post the VIN and engine #s.

Posting the last 5 digits is fine too.  SOmeting to help ppl identify it.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
d3vi@nt

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 08:22:14 PM »

Sorry to hear. Post some pix up here if you can for those of us who don't have Facebook accounts.

'13 MTS GT
'99 ST2
'07 M695 - Sold
Raux
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 09:15:48 PM »

wow, with such unique parts should be easy to spot. just keep putting the word out.
sunbum

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 02:45:05 AM »

Location is Newport News, VA but I've got friends all around the Hampton Roads area on the lookout.  The last 5 of the VIN is 10457.  I didn't record the engine #, but I'm hoping my friend at the local Ducati shop can find that out from my VIN. The first pic is from last month, just after I'd put in MBP collets when I did the valves.  Since I had a lot of things apart, I took the opportunity to do the filter pod mod shown in the second pic.  It wasn't three weeks ago that I'd gone the Factory Pro route and gotten the carbs tuned flawlessly. *heavy sigh*

Thanks for your suggestions and support,
Myron
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:45:45 AM by sunbum » Logged
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »

Sorry to hear.

A good advice I was given long ago was never to give your real address when you are gettibg your bike serviced (or any expensive item).
As mentioned below it is a green light for some employee at gfr shop to steal your bike.  Remember that ppl.

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: