Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:13:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed settlement in plastic gas tank suit...  (Read 2733 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« on: August 26, 2011, 07:43:15 PM »

Here's the proposed settlement for the Streetfighter, it's a real laugher...Shocked

2009-2011 Streetfighter Class Vehicles: Fuel tank expansion on these models can on some motorcycles cause the painted, exposed tanks to contact the upper triple clamp3 and the radiator cap.As necessary to address any such problem, Ducati will install a newly-designed fuel tank with slightlyreduced dimensions to accommodate expansion and prevent such contact. (Id. I.6.d.; III.F.)

Sorry I don't have any info on other models with expanding plastic tanks...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »

Here's the court docs, settlement starts on page 5...

http://www.girardgibbs.com/Ducati%20-%20Motion%20for%20Preliminary%20Approval%20of%20Class%20Settlement.pdf

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 10:55:26 PM »

A smaller gas tank. Yep. That's the ticket!   laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
WillS

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 12:47:01 AM »

A  gas tank suit sounds dangerous
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 01:22:29 AM »

A  gas tank suit sounds dangerous

laughingdp popcorn

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 05:37:11 AM »

I've been talking with Izaac about this for quite a while.  The case pretty much got make the beast with two backsed as soon as GG got involved.   boo

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »

GG?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 09:55:29 AM »

Girard Gibbs.  They are the law firm that brought the suit against Ducati.  Really sad thing is, Ducati was talking with Izaac (Ducatiz) about this issue, and they were working on a solution that would work for all involved.  All that basically stopped the moment GG filed the suit. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ManaloEA

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »

Most make the beast with two backsing lawyers have no clue what they are talking about... Ducatiz excluded of course.

2011 M696
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: