Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 14, 2024, 09:09:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 252396 times)
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #375 on: July 17, 2013, 02:25:07 PM »

Pics when I get home tonight.  I can't access my photobucket account from work... it's classified as "online storage" and hence, not allowed...  Roll Eyes

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #376 on: July 17, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »

Dodge Ram 1500 diesel, OK so it's not a small truck, but it is the first 1/2 ton diesel available in a long time. Would still love to have that Hilux diesel, sigh, maybe one day.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/ecodiesel/

Ever since you posted this, I've been flling in love with the idea of buying one.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Triple J
« Reply #377 on: July 17, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »

Ever since you posted this, I've been flling in love with the idea of buying one.

+1 I signed up for their email updates.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #378 on: July 17, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »

+ 2...so far the closest to what I'm looking for  waytogo
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #379 on: July 17, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »

+3

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #380 on: July 17, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »

I want that motor in a Wrangler. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #381 on: July 17, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »

I want that motor in a Wrangler. 

did you miss your chance?

http://www.mopar.com/jeep/wrangler-unlimited/2012/shop/336759/72/4021/
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:29:10 PM by ducatiz » Logged

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #382 on: July 17, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »

Different engine.   cheeky  Regardless, pretty sure you could always but the CRD as a crate engine, just wouldn't be able to legally operate the vehicle on our roads if/when you installed it.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #383 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11:19 AM »

Different engine.   cheeky  Regardless, pretty sure you could always but the CRD as a crate engine, just wouldn't be able to legally operate the vehicle on our roads if/when you installed it.

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/enforcement/air/documents/fuelwaivers/engswitch.pdf

If the new engine setup has the same or better emissions than a same year or newer model as the original configuration, it is not a problem. 

This is why you can put a TDI motor into a Jeep without any problem.  The resulting emissions are better than the original Jeep config.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Greg

« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2013, 07:24:55 AM »

Ever since you posted this, I've been falling in love with the idea of buying one.

I've been waiting for the Tacoma (Hilux) diesel to come to the US for many years now, but it seems to be a lost cause. My 2004 F150 has served me well, even though the mpg sucks, especially for a 6 cylinder, but it's paid off and has been very reliable. The only major repair being a leaking intake manifold which is a known issue for the V6.

When I saw the Dodge Eco diesel though I've had thoughts of trading in the old F150. I'll probably keep it for a couple more years and see how reviews for the Dodge diesel are before making my move.

I really hope Dodge did their home work on this and releases a reliable truck that gets exceptional mpg, if so, they will have a huge winner on their hands. This could be "THE" vehicle that gets diesels back in favor with the American public. If it gets close to 30mpg on the highway as rumored then it should sell like hot cakes.

If it is a sales success then we should see a flood of new diesel models popping up in the US within the next 3-4 years. I don't think a lot of the car manufacturers, especially the US ones that are truck heavy, can meet their future CAFE goals without going diesel on their trucks.

Anyway, who ever buys one first on this board has to post a thorough review Grin

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2013, 07:35:18 AM »

I love the HP and the torque specs on the eco diesel.  The 8 speed trans with rotary shifter sounds a little gimmicky.

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
Greg

« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2013, 07:47:37 AM »

I love the HP and the torque specs on the eco diesel.  The 8 speed trans with rotary shifter sounds a little gimmicky.

The rotary shifter is one of those stupid little things that should not make a bit of difference as it's all electronic now anyway, but some people are just resistant to change, myself included.

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »

As promised:

You'll have to let me know if those show up.  I can't view photobucket links from work... so I'm having to hack it with my phone to try to get this posted.

First one is hauling the GTI project and the Cagiva home.  Pulled the rig into my 2400 sqft garage to unload out of the rain.  Next to the truck you can see the JD 1070.  Sorry, no pics of hauling that, but you can see I have a tractor and there are associated implements.  Next one I need to go pick up is a rear 3-pt grader blade... I broke the old one that came with the tractor when we bought it last year.  Would also like to get a box grader.  It's all only money...

Second pic is hauling my dad's 25-ft Nash.

We only put about 7500 miles a year on the truck.  It gets used to haul crap... or it sits.  If it sits for more than a week or two, I'll drive it empty to work just to keep it running and the battery charged.  Otherwise, all my wife and my errand running & commuting is done in more efficient vehicles (Subaru Outback, Saturn Sky, Cagiva Gran Canyon).

To be fair to the Silverado... with diesel prices the same as regular out here, and the fact it gets 16 mpg, it would be more economical to commute in than the Dodge Durango I used a couple years ago for winter commuting... 14mpg out of the 4.7L gas V8.  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:42:19 PM by duc_fan » Logged

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #388 on: July 19, 2013, 10:15:39 AM »

Awesome. That's how it should be... 

Hey, can I get some acreage?   Lol.. man we're moving next Sumner.. I would love to have just 10 acres.. 600 is a dream...

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2013, 04:41:02 PM »

Awesome. That's how it should be... 

Hey, can I get some acreage?   Lol.. man we're moving next Sumner.. I would love to have just 10 acres.. 600 is a dream...

you guys can have the acreage.

I'd gladly take the 2400 sqft garage with an attached house.

laughingdp

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: