Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 08:16:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 250010 times)
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #465 on: August 20, 2013, 04:17:49 PM »

I still don't see how that pencils from a volume standpoint.  Unless they are getting one heck of a sweetheart deal from Cummins.

MendoDave
« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »

I've been keeping my eye on this development. The Mercedes ML 250 (4 Cyl twin turbo diesel)
Coming to the US next year then not coming to US but continuing to drive around in Europe.

One article speculates that it might undercut the current V6 offered in the ML.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/mercedes-benz/m-class/road-test/250-driven
Triple J
« Reply #467 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:59 AM »

I still don't see how that pencils from a volume standpoint.  Unless they are getting one heck of a sweetheart deal from Cummins.

Maybe they're thinking that no one else offers a 1/2 ton diesel, so this is their chance to jump on an untapped market and get more people into a Nissan. Sounds like Dodge will also be offering one in 2014, but those will be your 2 choices.

I've had Nissan's for a long time, and love them...except for the gas mileage. If they introduce a 1/2 ton diesel I will definitely check it out along side the Dodge.  waytogo
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #468 on: August 21, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »

I've had Nissan's for a long time, and love them...except for the gas mileage.

Exactly my issue with the Frontier.  They could do better.  That V6 they use in EVERYTHING is a crappy gas guzzler.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Triple J
« Reply #469 on: August 21, 2013, 08:14:02 AM »

Exactly my issue with the Frontier.  They could do better.  That V6 they use in EVERYTHING is a crappy gas guzzler.

Ya...great engine from a durability standpoint, but not for gas mileage. My old '94 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 with a 350 and a 5" lift got as good of mileage as my new Frontier!
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #470 on: August 21, 2013, 08:17:55 AM »

Ya...great engine from a durability standpoint, but not for gas mileage. My old '94 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 with a 350 and a 5" lift got as good of mileage as my new Frontier!

I don't know what it is.  THey've used that six on so many cars and trucks and they all get CRAP gas mileage compared to other V6s in the size range (3-3.5L)

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #471 on: August 21, 2013, 02:32:09 PM »

That has been in the Frontier, Xterra and the Z series cars.  For the most part, the difference was the cam and programming of the ECU.  Not very different from the early 80s with the L28 from the Z series was used with timing and cam tweaks for the pickup.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #472 on: August 21, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »

That has been in the Frontier, Xterra and the Z series cars.  For the most part, the difference was the cam and programming of the ECU.  Not very different from the early 80s with the L28 from the Z series was used with timing and cam tweaks for the pickup.

JM

Exactly.  They even put it in the Infinitis.. The G35 (which I love) has it, and the same crappy MPG.. but what a beautiful car.

Greg

« Reply #473 on: August 29, 2013, 03:53:10 PM »

Here we go, Chevy Colorado and Canyon to get 4 cylinder diesel  Grin

http://gas2.org/2013/08/29/new-chevy-colorado-gmc-canyon-to-get-4-cylinder-diesel/

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #474 on: August 29, 2013, 07:26:33 PM »

http://gas2.org/2013/08/29/new-chevy-colorado-gmc-canyon-to-get-4-cylinder-diesel/

If they use the 2.8L duramax, they wil pwn the small - mid truck market.

Ford wont bring the international Ranger to the US.  I might be shopping a chevy truck in 2014...

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #475 on: August 29, 2013, 08:12:24 PM »

If they use the 2.8L duramax, they wil pwn the small - mid truck market.

Ford wont bring the international Ranger to the US.  I might be shopping a chevy truck in 2014...

No doubt J5 will be along soon to confirm which motor is in the new Colorado.....  I'm so confused by the Isuzu model sharing... engine not sharing business.... IIRC the Dmax doesn't get the Duramax engine and the not Dmax does  Undecided

J5 ?

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
J5

I'm here to fix zee fridge

« Reply #476 on: August 29, 2013, 08:48:33 PM »

only since late last year has the thai built colorado had the duramax

this was when the new shape was introduced

the old model and the current isuzu dmax has the isuzu motor

sadly i dont think you will see the isuzu in the USA ?

it gave me great pleasure seeing a mate buy the isuzu over the colorado
after the crap i had with holden service

yes the new colorado has the duramax

dmax has the isuzu 4jj1 motor

i dont care if you have been a mechanic for 10 years doing something for a long time does not make you good at it, take my gf for an example shes been walking for 28 years and still manages to fall over all the time.
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #477 on: August 30, 2013, 03:57:21 AM »

Crap, i might have to trade in my Tacoma  next year......we shall see what GM does with the price/options/looks of these...... popcorn

On a side note i got 25mpg on my taco last week(I4 auto,pretty much all highway)

Greg

« Reply #478 on: August 30, 2013, 09:21:30 AM »

Crap, i might have to trade in my Tacoma  next year......we shall see what GM does with the price/options/looks of these...... popcorn

On a side note i got 25mpg on my taco last week(I4 auto,pretty much all highway)

Damn shame we can't get the diesel Taco over here.

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2013, 10:11:58 AM »

Damn shame we can't get the diesel Taco over here.

+1

I'd be interested in the Colorado/Canyon as a commuter, but I'll have to do the math again.  My guess is at 30mpg it won't pay off soon enough.  A minitruck can't replace the 2500HD on the farm, and we need the seating of the Subaru... so this would be an "in addition to", not an "instead of" for myself and my wife.  Undecided  This same issue has put a damper on other diesel options like the Jetta and Golf.  Diesel Jetta Sportwagen, while cool, doesn't have AWD or 9" of ground clearance.  Since we get 8-12" of snow at a time in winter, I want to keep at least two vehicles with decent ground clearance (always have backups... especially when you live in the middle of nowhere).

Oh well... since I completed some --*ahem* certain mods-- to the Silverado a couple weeks ago, it now gets 19 mpg.  Grin  Between that and the Subaru's 25+ mpg, we're not too horribly bad off.

I think getting a small diesel commuter will make more sense once we have a third kid (none now, 4 planned).  At that time, we'd have to upgrade from the Scooby-doo to a Tahoe/Suburban... so then I will want to have a much more efficient commuter vehicle, and the Subaru will probably go down the road.  Hopefully by then there will be more small diesel options.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: