Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 08:15:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 250008 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #600 on: January 16, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »

Grin

I want that.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #601 on: January 16, 2014, 07:16:13 PM »

I'd abuse that.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #602 on: January 16, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »

Probably a derby, but I'll just leave this right...

over...

here...

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #603 on: January 16, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »

That's what Willis was talkin about.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #604 on: January 22, 2014, 07:41:27 PM »

Grin

applause

Very nice.

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #605 on: September 22, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »

Fresh off the press: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/vw-previews-next-gen-t6-transporter.html
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #606 on: September 22, 2014, 10:54:36 AM »

That is make the beast with two backsing cool.

GK

« Reply #607 on: September 22, 2014, 02:29:01 PM »

I won't put my money on an Chevisuzu S10/Colorado because I am just.....well....I'll shut my mouth from going any further on that....but if the VW Amorok came here, I'd be the 1st in our dealership totally putting a downpayment on one...

A good mate of mine bought the Amarok. The diesel with the bi turbo and manual gearbox. He loves it. It gets excellent economy.

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #608 on: September 25, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »

Want.

But more than likely we won't get it here.  Tongue

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #609 on: September 25, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »

Want.

But more than likely we won't get it here.  Tongue

WINNER!!!

(....damn it....)

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #610 on: October 13, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »

More rumblings.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/cumminssoon-cummins-diesel-powered-nissan-titan-teased/

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
coduc

« Reply #611 on: October 14, 2014, 04:24:09 PM »

Sure would be nice to get something a bit smaller than a Titan.  Some people don't need that much truck!  I'm looking forward to seeing the Frontier, Canyon/Colorado, and maybe Tacoma with a diesel soon....I might even buy one if they do it right!  Heck the VW version a few posts up might look good next to my Jetta GLI and I could keep it in the family!
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #612 on: October 15, 2014, 06:18:26 AM »

Sure would be nice to get something a bit smaller than a Titan.  Some people don't need that much truck!  I'm looking forward to seeing the Frontier, Canyon/Colorado, and maybe Tacoma with a diesel soon....I might even buy one if they do it right!  Heck the VW version a few posts up might look good next to my Jetta GLI and I could keep it in the family!

I agree.  The whole point of this thread is SMALL diesel trucks.  The Titan is a great option, but not for me.  I'd like a small truck.  Even a Subaru BRAT with diesel.. :-)

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Triple J
« Reply #613 on: October 15, 2014, 08:21:26 AM »

After owning a modern diesel (2011 Chevy Duramax 2500) I'm not sure I'd own another unless I had a tecnical reason to do so. The emmission regulations got a lot tougher in 2011 (US) and 2013 (EU), so modern diesels all have diesel particulate filters (DPF) to eliminate soot, and EGR and urea injection systems to eliminate sulfur. The DPF systems are famous for clogging (which can lead to turbo failures among other things), and when they run their "regen" cycles, gas mileage plummets. EGR valves also like to clog if the vehicle is driven a lot in city conditions. The urea systems are also famous for sensor errors. These systems combine to drop gas mileage by as much as 25%...sometimes more.

Also, the EPA has mandated that emmission problems such as these cannot go unfixed (the urea problems could easily just be ignored with no damage to the vehicle), so the vehicles go into "limp" mode if the problems aren't fixed in a certain number of miles. Not a big deal in the city, but potentially could strand someone on a road trip.

I love my truck, and it does a great job towing (why I bought it), but the modern emissions systems are a serious pain in the ass, and it has seen the dealer quite a few times over various emissions related sensor failures. Looking at other forums, and I'm not the only one by any stretch.

None of this is as big of an issue for a vehicle that sees a lot of highway miles, but for one driven in city conditions it can quickly become an issue.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:24:40 AM by Triple J » Logged
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #614 on: October 15, 2014, 08:52:25 AM »

the VWs with urea injection don't have these issues.  i think it's a design problem.

the MKV VWs with the DPF also don't..  some mileage hit when the purge is done, but it is small overall.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: