Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 08:26:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 250045 times)
MendoDave
« Reply #795 on: January 28, 2015, 09:18:17 AM »

Unless things have changed the big three full size trucks are the same size truck with progressively heavier/beefier running gear & suspension and sometimes a heavier frame. Otherwise the Cab & Bed are all the same size barring varriation like long bed/shortbed options Crew cab/standard cab.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #796 on: January 28, 2015, 10:14:25 AM »

I would not buy a Chevy.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #797 on: January 28, 2015, 10:34:23 AM »

I would not buy a Chevy.

They are rebadged Mitsubishis

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Triple J
« Reply #798 on: January 28, 2015, 11:33:34 AM »

I've had good luck with my 2 Chevy trucks (both full size), the first being a 1994 1/2 ton that my buddy still has and is using. Great truck. I chose my current one because the Duramax/Allison combination is arguably the most reliable combo for HD rigs in an automatic configuration (Cummins w/ manual supposedly being the best). It's a great truck so far (despite my DEF annoyances that seem common to all modern HD trucks).

Funny how trucks have grown over the years. My 1994 had a 5" lift and 33" tires. My current one again has 33" tires, but only needed a front leveling kit to fit them!
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #799 on: January 28, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »

Unless things have changed the big three full size trucks are the same size truck with progressively heavier/beefier running gear & suspension and sometimes a heavier frame. Otherwise the Cab & Bed are all the same size barring varriation like long bed/shortbed options Crew cab/standard cab.

which big three? If you are including Ford, the F150 and the Super Duties have not shared a body since mid 1999.....although they are sneaking back towards it with the newer F150.

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
MendoDave
« Reply #800 on: January 28, 2015, 01:46:01 PM »

which big three? If you are including Ford, the F150 and the Super Duties have not shared a body since mid 1999.....although they are sneaking back towards it with the newer F150.

I was Including Ford. So that confirms to me that things have changed. Then again the last Full size Truck I owned looked like this.

Kev M
Italian Bike Nut

« Reply #801 on: January 28, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »

The Colorado/Canyon isn't a full-size truck (though it's close to what they once we're, at least in length).

But they are a mid-size truck based on a proven world platform that has been available overseas for a few years.

Smaller, more car like I'm cabin and drive than a full-sized truck. A couple feet less truck to park.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III
16 FLHP (Police RK)
13 Guzzi V7
11 M696
muskrat

« Reply #802 on: January 28, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »

The prices don't reflect small anything IMO

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Kev M
Italian Bike Nut

« Reply #803 on: January 28, 2015, 04:34:36 PM »

The prices don't reflect small anything IMO
What models? If you're talking US it's because diesel currently represents a niche and upscale market, ESPECIALLY with trucks.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III
16 FLHP (Police RK)
13 Guzzi V7
11 M696
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #804 on: January 29, 2015, 09:26:10 AM »

Price certainly isn't small.  On the 3/4 ton trucks, the diesel option alone is around $8k.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
Kev M
Italian Bike Nut

« Reply #805 on: January 29, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »

Price certainly isn't small.  On the 3/4 ton trucks, the diesel option alone is around $8k.

JM

FWIW, it's only a $4k option on the Ram 1500 regular cab/long box which is still probably a bit big for a "small" truck thread.

And it looks like you can get it on a 2wd.

So you COULD get into it around $30k at that point.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III
16 FLHP (Police RK)
13 Guzzi V7
11 M696
muskrat

« Reply #806 on: February 01, 2015, 08:45:28 PM »

What models? If you're talking US it's because diesel currently represents a niche and upscale market, ESPECIALLY with trucks.
on the "new" Canyon and for that matter the Tacoma's out there.  I myself have a diesel and will NOT go back to a gasser truck unless I'm forced to financially.

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Kev M
Italian Bike Nut

« Reply #807 on: February 01, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »

on the "new" Canyon and for that matter the Tacoma's out there.  I myself have a diesel and will NOT go back to a gasser truck unless I'm forced to financially.
There is no price announced on the US diesel Canyon or Taco as they are not available yet.

But fwiw, the petrol Colorado/Canyon starts around $20k and tops out around $40k completely loaded.

That's $10s of thousands less than full-size trucks.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III
16 FLHP (Police RK)
13 Guzzi V7
11 M696
muskrat

« Reply #808 on: February 02, 2015, 12:55:37 PM »

Depends on options but I assure you many won't get the base line since they'll be mostly daily drivers.  Limited rowing and payload too from what I've read.  They discount full size trucks 10 grand these days.....we'll surely when prices jump but don't know off hand.

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Kev M
Italian Bike Nut

« Reply #809 on: February 02, 2015, 03:40:29 PM »

Depends on options but I assure you many won't get the base line since they'll be mostly daily drivers.  Limited rowing and payload too from what I've read.  They discount full size trucks 10 grand these days.....we'll surely when prices jump but don't know off hand.

I guess I'm losing your point.

I'm casually shopping right now for a possible new vehicle purchase this summer (probably a truck or Jeep).

I've spent a lot of time configuring most/all of the mid-size trucks and 1/2 ton full-size trucks.

I equip them all the same way for comparison sake - crew cab, 4x4, heated leather, NAV, premium sound, towing packages, locking rear diff etc. I stop short of lane departure warnings or adaptive braking type systems.

I check both Petrol and Diesel (if available, but there aren't many in that category currently, ala this thread).

And I compare the biggest motor available in the mid-size to the smallest available in the full-size of that configuration for economy

The Colorado or Canyon come to about $40k

The Ram1500 petrol comes to about $46k petrol, $50k diesel

The Ford F150 w/ the small Ecoboost petrol came to about $52k

You put the larger petrol motors in the Ram or F150 and you're quickly getting towards $60k

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III
16 FLHP (Police RK)
13 Guzzi V7
11 M696
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: