Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 08:19:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 250019 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #825 on: February 04, 2016, 05:57:22 AM »

Is the Tacoma a US version of our Hi Lux?

No, it's a different pickup that is sort of in the same niche. 

The Tacos are not as sturdy as the HiLuxes, but are a more comfy ride iirc.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #826 on: February 04, 2016, 06:03:36 AM »

Worldwide, except the largest truck market in the world -- US and Canada.
Isn't the Hi-Lux still a small pickup?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #827 on: February 04, 2016, 06:13:38 AM »

Isn't the Hi-Lux still a small pickup?

Same size as the Tacoma.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #828 on: February 04, 2016, 08:18:57 AM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #829 on: February 04, 2016, 10:32:16 AM »

Same size as the Tacoma.

It actually on a separate chassis and slightly smaller.

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #830 on: February 04, 2016, 10:38:24 AM »

Sir! We have a morale problem! We need something to inspire the men.

"I've got it! Miserably small trucks! They'll get so angry they'll get out and shoot everything in sight!

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #831 on: February 04, 2016, 10:44:07 AM »

Sir! We have a morale problem! We need something to inspire the men.

"I've got it! Miserably small trucks! They'll get so angry they'll get out and shoot everything in sight!

Nope.  Los Angeles Commuter Package.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #832 on: February 04, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »

It actually on a separate chassis and slightly smaller.
So...closer to what it was when it was available here?

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #833 on: February 04, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »

The last Hilux here in the states was in 1994, known simply as Toyota Truck or Pickup.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #834 on: February 04, 2016, 05:01:23 PM »

Part of the weak sales would likely come down to the fact that the American automotive industry package their vehicles like idiots.  They're only offering the diesel engines in the top trim levels, and then adding a hefty premium on top of that.  I'm not surprised at all that people aren't lining up to buy them when it turns into a $40+K truck.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #835 on: February 04, 2016, 05:04:19 PM »

Part of the weak sales would likely come down to the fact that the American automotive industry package their vehicles like idiots.  They're only offering the diesel engines in the top trim levels, and then adding a hefty premium on top of that.  I'm not surprised at all that people aren't lining up to buy them when it turns into a $40+K truck.

True, but that is due in part to a need to recoup their massive investment in diesel R & D costs.

I have no clue how the Titan diesel project makes any financial sense, given the relatively low volume that they sell - based on the old Titan (about 1,000/mo.).  Of course, initially, they will only be available as a oil-burner, so that should help. 

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #836 on: February 04, 2016, 05:37:59 PM »

True, but that is due in part to a need to recoup their massive investment in diesel R & D costs.

I have no clue how the Titan diesel project makes any financial sense, given the relatively low volume that they sell - based on the old Titan (about 1,000/mo.).  Of course, initially, they will only be available as a oil-burner, so that should help. 

Completely understand.  I just wanted to pregnant dog about it.   Cheesy

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #837 on: February 04, 2016, 05:41:30 PM »

They've already done the R&D...they sell diesels everywhere but here.

Add a urea system and go.

I'm not seeing this line of reasoning.

perspective

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #838 on: February 04, 2016, 05:43:05 PM »

Lots of cash spent to federalize each chassis with each engine/transmission combination to start.

Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #839 on: February 04, 2016, 05:43:25 PM »

They've already done the R&D...they sell diesels everywhere but here.

Add a urea system and go.

I'm not seeing this line of reasoning.
Plus, they really need a "new" truck... the Titan is basically the same truck that won truck of the year in 2004.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: