Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 10:21:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 250084 times)
NAKID

« Reply #945 on: April 27, 2016, 03:12:09 PM »

Having diesel at $2 really makes any diesel option tempting.

It's about the same price as premium here.

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #946 on: April 27, 2016, 03:52:17 PM »

Alabama prices

Regular.      Mid.       Premium.    Diesel
Yesterday Avg.   $1.949   $2.193   $2.470   $2.036
Week Ago Avg.   $1.912   $2.168   $2.438   $2.018
Month Ago Avg.   $1.856   $2.112   $2.356   $1.995
Year Ago Avg.   $2.310   $2.519   $2.746   $2.748

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #947 on: April 27, 2016, 05:43:33 PM »

That's about the same as what we're seeing in these parts right now.

Generally around 2.09 for both regular unleaded and diesel.

NAKID

« Reply #948 on: April 27, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »

That's about the same as what we're seeing in these parts right now.

Generally around 2.09 for both regular unleaded and diesel.

Paid $2.719 for premium yesterday at Coscto. Saw diesel for $2.799

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #949 on: April 28, 2016, 06:35:12 AM »

Says it's an improvement over the 2.2 turbo diesel it replaces. Based on the article, I would say it's an almost completely different motor.

i am sure you're right from the technical perspective, i was talking more about the product line -- they have had the Duratorq name for their small diesels for a while now -- they were putting it in the UK version of the Ranger, which was an awesome little truck.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #950 on: April 28, 2016, 06:36:54 AM »

Paid $2.719 for premium yesterday at Coscto. Saw diesel for $2.799

depends on the tax situ of your state.

Near me in NoVA, regular is ~2.00 and diesel is ~$2.15, but virginia rebates the fuel tax for private use of diesel which works out to about 19c per gallon.  It requires me to save the receipts and mail them in, but that knocks 10% right off at this point.

And i am in Memphis right now -- diesel is $1.99 and regular gas is $2.10

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
NAKID

« Reply #951 on: April 28, 2016, 10:04:15 AM »

depends on the tax situ of your state.

Near me in NoVA, regular is ~2.00 and diesel is ~$2.15, but virginia rebates the fuel tax for private use of diesel which works out to about 19c per gallon.  It requires me to save the receipts and mail them in, but that knocks 10% right off at this point.

And i am in Memphis right now -- diesel is $1.99 and regular gas is $2.10

Virginia has some weird tax laws. Like property tax for vehicles. Crazy, just one of the many reasons I could never live there.

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #952 on: April 28, 2016, 10:27:46 AM »

Diesel here is about $1.85/gl and 95oct is $2.57 . . . 91pct $2.48/gl

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #953 on: April 29, 2016, 06:30:18 AM »

Virginia has some weird tax laws. Like property tax for vehicles. Crazy, just one of the many reasons I could never live there.

Overall tax burden for an middle/upper middle class family is far lower than surrounding states even with the vehicle property tax.

You don't even notice it.  :-)

But I like the idea that they rebate the diesel fuel tax -- no other state does.  The argument is that it is a commercial fuel but has private uses and they do not want to penalize the private use, so the rebate brings the per-gallon tax in line with gasoline. 

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #954 on: April 29, 2016, 06:38:15 AM »

Since when do we discuss taxes here?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #955 on: April 29, 2016, 06:43:38 AM »

Since when do we discuss taxes here?

diesel taxes only as far as using the car and cost to operate, that's all...  just a slight diversion.. i am a tax attorney, hard not to.. :-)

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #956 on: April 29, 2016, 06:51:34 AM »

diesel taxes only as far as using the car and cost to operate, that's all...  just a slight diversion.. i am a tax attorney, hard not to.. :-)
If you're going to bend the rules counselor, at least get your facts right.

NH does in fact refund fuel taxes in some circumstances, although not for 'passenger' use as opposed to commercial.

Now back to why we're too stupid to own one. Grin

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #957 on: April 29, 2016, 08:13:14 AM »

If you're going to bend the rules counselor, at least get your facts right.

NH does in fact refund fuel taxes in some circumstances, although not for 'passenger' use as opposed to commercial.

good to know.  stuff is changing all the time.  i think it's an interesting point wrt to operating a diesel vehicle.  given the price point they are putting on diesel vehicles -- as much as 20% higher base price, the fuel price is an issue.

most states do impose a higher fuel tax on diesel than gasoline because of the commercial vs private use issue.  the average person thinks of a semi when they think of diesel fuel.   it was raised in the VA state house and created the partial rebate of diesel to match the tax on gasoline for private use only -- the vehicle cannot have commercial plates, can't be registered to an LLC/INC, and you have to show the mileage and receipts. 

for me, it knocks about $100/year off my fuel cost.  that's not much, but it's 10 minutes of work to file the form and include the receipts ( i fill up about 2-3 times per month, so that's 25-30 receipts to keep).   

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #958 on: May 03, 2016, 12:25:22 PM »

Diesel is 2 cents a gallon less than regular here. I think that's the first time I've ever seen this.

perspective

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #959 on: May 03, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »

good to know.  stuff is changing all the time.  i think it's an interesting point wrt to operating a diesel vehicle.  given the price point they are putting on diesel vehicles -- as much as 20% higher base price, the fuel price is an issue.

most states do impose a higher fuel tax on diesel than gasoline because of the commercial vs private use issue.  the average person thinks of a semi when they think of diesel fuel.   it was raised in the VA state house and created the partial rebate of diesel to match the tax on gasoline for private use only -- the vehicle cannot have commercial plates, can't be registered to an LLC/INC, and you have to show the mileage and receipts. 

for me, it knocks about $100/year off my fuel cost.  that's not much, but it's 10 minutes of work to file the form and include the receipts ( i fill up about 2-3 times per month, so that's 25-30 receipts to keep).   

Diesel has always been cheaper than gas in Europe, hence proliferation of diesel cars.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: