Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:55:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 237817 times)
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #1065 on: January 25, 2022, 02:50:21 PM »

I'm definitely smitten! Though slightly disappointed that Ford doesn't (yet) offer the hybrid version in AWD.

Guess I haven't been paying attention.  Since the base models are all HV, I assumed all models would be HV.  Not the case, apparently.  And it seems that running some cables to a motor between the rear wheels would be easier/more cost effective than adding a transfer case, driveshaft & related mechanical parts?  Undecided

triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1066 on: February 15, 2022, 02:25:12 PM »

Guess I haven't been paying attention.  Since the base models are all HV, I assumed all models would be HV.  Not the case, apparently.  And it seems that running some cables to a motor between the rear wheels would be easier/more cost effective than adding a transfer case, driveshaft & related mechanical parts?  Undecided

I wondered the same thing, especially since the aftermarket is already teasing electric rear transaxles for the F150.

And I came back to this thread with another reason to like the (non-diesel, alas) Maverick:
https://www.thedrive.com/news/44276/ford-releases-blueprint-files-for-tons-of-3d-printable-maverick-accessories

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1067 on: June 30, 2022, 06:07:47 AM »

You lost me somewhere  laughingdp

Small trucks.  I said there is pent up demand for small trucks (but would prefer a diesel)

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1068 on: June 30, 2022, 06:14:26 AM »

I'm definitely smitten! Though slightly disappointed that Ford doesn't (yet) offer the hybrid version in AWD.

As for me, my current Small Truck Diesel plans involve the '94 Suzuki Sidekick that is my current commuter/hunting truck, an engine adapter, and the dead VW TDI New Beetle we have parked with various electrical gremlins and a balky transmission - the latter, judging by the prices I'm hearing to fix or replace it, must be made entirely of cast platinum and Bitcoin.

Given how GOOD the F150 hybrid is, that's a good question.

They definitely offer the F150 hybrid with 4x4.  No reason the Maverick shouldn't be.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1069 on: July 16, 2022, 07:09:54 PM »

They’d never be able to keep these on the lot if they brought them to the U.S.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 06:19:05 AM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1070 on: July 17, 2022, 02:05:44 AM »

Agreed. I'd prefer the wagon variant, but still a GREAT truck. That said, I've really enjoyed owning my 4Runner for the last six years, but there's just something about the Series 70 Land Cruiser chassis.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1071 on: August 03, 2022, 03:12:16 PM »

https://www.motor1.com/news/601811/land-cruiser-70-stop-production/

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #1072 on: August 30, 2022, 04:01:40 PM »

You could get this clean old small truck...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-toyota-pickup-20/?fbclid=IwAR2XLqe91EY5wfzrjTucFaQ7WMhP0MIpqpgRT7Iw_kh615GqshLaPPlBJyo

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1073 on: August 30, 2022, 07:11:02 PM »

You could get this clean old small truck...

Beautiful Toyota. They’re pulling down some big numbers these days. Mine draws constant offers.

krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #1074 on: February 16, 2023, 11:48:36 AM »

Since I'm too stupid to have a small diesel truck, I got this one:
... a 1986 Ford CF7000 with a brazil 6.6L mechanical diesel.

video of walk around

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: