Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 25, 2024, 03:34:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power tool to clean shower stall scum?  (Read 4835 times)
pyrocpu

« on: September 12, 2011, 07:03:52 PM »

OK, so I get this is a rather asinine question... I'm feeling pretty bad for my +1, who often scrubs and scrubs the shower to get all that crappy soap scum off. Yeah, I know we ought to be using that Tilex spray stuff at the end of every shower session. Been forgetting. Sad

Having said that, do you think it's reasonable to put something on my cordless drill, like a scouring pad? There must be some sort of power tool solution (kinda sound like Tim Allen now) for this, right? Anyone got ideas/solutions?

Ahhhh... the things I think of after several beers...  drink
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »

The best thing to use is just a brush, anything high speed is going to eat up the ground.

Don't use tilex, use Kaboom.  Have you sealed that tile in the last 4-5 years?  sealing it helps prevent mold growth

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 07:44:07 PM »

Might I recommend...

coffee

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 04:03:24 AM »

Scrub pad and abrasive like baking soda takes it right off.

If you *really* felt bad, you'd do it for her.  Kiss

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 04:40:30 AM »

orbital sander with a scotch brite green scrubby pad attached to it....you'll make short work of the scum....be careful though, as you might make short work of the shower stall too....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 04:42:06 AM »

my wife found the perfect solution...it is called a housekeeper

seriously tho, you don't want your wife ruining her hands with that kind of work....

there is nothing attractive about being fondled by a pair of hands

that look like they could belong to your prison cellmate
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:43:57 AM by RAT900 » Logged

This is an insult to the Pez community
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 04:58:00 AM »

....unless you're in prison for the rest of your life..

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 04:59:45 AM »

LOL good point!!

This is an insult to the Pez community
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 05:42:42 AM »

even then....I don't want to be the fondlee....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 06:04:18 AM »

even then....I don't want to be the fondlee....

so... you only want to fondle prison inmates... ok... that's cool

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 06:27:14 AM »

If it is caused / made worse by hard water (usually is), try some lemi shine.  It's a dishwasher additive meant for hard water, works great at cleaning bathroom stuff too.  It's all natural, I believe it is just citric acid.

BTW a pair of gloves works well to protect hands.  Wink  But if you have the budget for a housekeeper that's a nice solution too.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 06:33:41 AM »

I'll give you all a secret that I learned in college.

Snails.

Yep, snails.

You know what snails LOOOVE to eat?  Mildew and molds.  that's right.  They vacuum the stuff up like crazy.

If you have a bathroom with tile that is going black, pick up a slug or a snail and put him in on one of the grout tracks.  After a minute of "WTF?" he will start eating.

And he won't stop. 

The really fun part is that they suck it all out and it doesn't grow back. 

yes, they leave a trail but that washes away with water.

I am not kidding.  When I was in college, I used to go outside in the morning and pick up a slug and put him in the bath.  By the time I came home, he had done an entire wall of the bath.  The grout lines are like a choo-choo track for him.

Don't believe me?

http://www.anapsid.org/slugcleaner.html

A bonus?  this is the "greenest" way you could ever clean a bathroom, bar none. 

Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 08:16:43 AM »

Laziness for the win!  Shocked

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 08:23:38 AM »

so did the snails and slugs live after eating the mold and mildew from your scuzzy cast off?

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »

so did the snails and slugs live after eating the mold and mildew from your scuzzy cast off?

Yes!  They thrived!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: