Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 11:32:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Childless by choice...  (Read 9216 times)
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 11:57:24 AM »

[Threadjack] As part of my spousal negotiations I will be needing to get rid of either a Blata project or an electric Razor 400.  Blata needs a full stripdown, Razor needs a battery. [Threadjack Over]

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
Triple J
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 12:04:28 PM »

I've already had that conversation with the Mrs.  Ducatizzy Jr will be getting a minibike as soon as he's old enough and can handle a bicycle.  

waytogo

I've already got an XR50 for my son and he's only 2.  laughingdp A friend was selling it for a good price, so I figured might as well get it now.

He already likes to ride on it. He sits in front of me on it and we coast down the walkway in our back yard, and up onto a small dirt pile. Gotta start small.  Grin
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »

waytogo waytogo waytogo

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 12:38:04 PM »

I bought my son a push bike (balance bike?) about 3 months ago.  Teaches them to counter-steer instead of driving it like a tricycle.  He's come from falling down every 2 feet to being able to ride a sizable hill.  Really cool moment is when it "clicked".  You could see him thinking about it, and then he started counter-steering and leaning all on his own.

Far from perfect, but there is a yamaha 50 waiting for him on Xmas day Smiley

Triple J
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »

I bought my son a push bike (balance bike?) about 3 months ago.  Teaches them to counter-steer instead of driving it like a tricycle.  He's come from falling down every 2 feet to being able to ride a sizable hill.  Really cool moment is when it "clicked".  You could see him thinking about it, and then he started counter-steering and leaning all on his own.

Far from perfect, but there is a yamaha 50 waiting for him on Xmas day Smiley

My son has one as well (KTM brand...ya, I'm a sucker  laughingdp). I had to remove the seat because he is too short to have it on. He's starting to figure it out now though, which is cool to see.  waytogo

Guess we should stop threadjacking the child-less thread!  cheeky
elyse

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 01:36:20 PM »

Guess we should stop threadjacking the child-less thread!  cheeky

yeah you silly reproducing threadjackers!!  laughingdp

although, that is kinda a perfect example of what happens in real life with the peeps with kids when talking to the peeps without,,many times the conversations just organically change to be about the kids.... not necessarily a bad thing

says elyse Smiley

pure. adrenaline. *snort* heh heh weeeeee!
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »

not necessarily a bad thing

Meh. I generally don't find people's kids NEARLY as fascinating as they do.

coffee

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »

Properly handled, parenthood is a monumental, important undertaking. I applaud those with the fortitude to do it well.

Occasionally I'll have a flashing, fleeting notion of what may be regret that I didn't produce a blood heir.

However, that said, by my highly scientific studies kids are little more than one terrifying drama after another, a constant and relentlessly consistent drain on your finances, your social life, and your peace and quiet. And don't forget the gradual destruction of everything you own. Simply have a kid and, presto, your life just became a million times harder. You might as well have lopped off one of your major limbs. 

And then you'll get the argument, aren't they cute? Sometimes. But mostly not really, not to anyone but you, smack that thing with a bible already. Realistically, if all you want is cute get a cool dog and then fold up a pirate hat out of some old newspaper. Ta-da!

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »

I prefer to be a bad example to other people's kids. That way I can pass on my legacy without the financial burden of having my own troublemakers.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Triple J
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »

However, that said, by my highly scientific studies kids are little more than one terrifying drama after another, a constant and relentlessly consistent drain on your finances, your social life, and your peace and quiet. And don't forget the gradual destruction of everything you own. Simply have a kid and, presto, your life just became a million times harder. You might as well have lopped off one of your major limbs. 

Can't really argue that!  laughingdp
DW

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 03:09:32 PM »

It is simply human nature to talk about what is most important to you and what consumes most of your time. Also, it is normal to be more comfortable around people with similar interests. Not to mention you always see the same people at the kids' activites. And finally, if someone makes it clear that they don't like hearing about what is important to you, or participating in those activites it is often easier to move on.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 03:11:45 PM »

So....people don't invite you over and it's *their" fault?

Here's a hint-if you want nothing to do with what's the most important thing in the world to your friends....well-it's not exactly being a good friend, now is it?

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
elyse

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14:07 PM »

<=== playing devils advocate...

could it be that us childless people could in some ways just be extra sensitive to the kid talk... ? people in general tend to talk about what is most important in their lives. i tend to talk a lot about my dogs, especially my dog fasa who is the worlds greatest being (see what i did there?  cheeky) .. i do try to notice when my friends eyes have glossed over & i change the subject... but maybe we are a little more aware of the kid talk because we are very much aware we dont have kids of our own....

im 38 & not only do i not have kids, ive never been married.. you think hearing the talk from friends & family about the selfishness & needing someone to take care of you & looking at you like youre an alien for not having kids, try being a 38 year old unmarried female.. apparently having a husband is supposed to be my ultimate goal in life Smiley

i think its all about perspective. i LOVE kids, i dont want any, but i love them, so i dont mind hearing about them sometimes. for the most part i enjoy kids more than adults, they arent so jaded & they still think simple things like helium balloons are the best part of life. Smiley as far as friends disappearing on you once they start families, yeah that definitely happens. but there are time constraints on them & you lose commonality. your friends tend to realize that a birthday party for a 3 year old isn't going to be the highlight of your saturday. i have come to realize that if i point it out to my friends that i dont mind hanging out when they are having the kid functions, they tend to include me more often.

says elyse Smiley

Triple J
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »

To all the parents.... Know your boundaries in a discussion. Touch on the topic of kids but don't dominate and entire discussion.... or evening with friends for that matter...
[/color]

To YOU. Realize that your friend's priorities have changed since they've had kids. Deal with it, and don't be all pissy that they don't want to hang out with you non-stop anymore.  Smiley

Childless people get tired of hearing how they should have children (understandable). Keep in mind though...parents get tired of hearing from their childless friends how they've changed. No shit we've changed!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:43:25 PM by Triple J » Logged
elyse

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 03:42:02 PM »

oh boy...theres an admin with a lock button coming on soon..i just know it!

popcorn

says elyse Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: