Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 06:15:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fashonable /= right  (Read 4820 times)
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« on: September 15, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »

Oh my... When will folks learn. Even if you're a dude, if it's too big to go in your pocket, it holds your ID and money items and has no straps... its still a clutch purse.
If it's too big to go in your pocket, too small to hold anything useful, holds your ID and money and has a strap - it's still a purse.

No man should be wearing tights to a social event unless it's part of a period costume - and then you'd best have a sword.

And for just about anyone jeggings are a horrible idea.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/mankinis-murses-and-man-bags-a-glossary-of-mens-fashion-terms-2550341#photoViewer=1

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:12:33 AM »

Knowing what's fashionable and not is also cause for man card revocation. Just sayin'.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 10:22:07 AM »

I carry a purse. Yes, that's right, I didn't say satchel, I didn't say shoulderbag, I said purse. I'm secure as hell in my manhood and for carrying around a full size Leatherman, a netbook, and a pair of prescription sunglasses it's a helluva lot more convenient than looking like Batman with a utility belt.

It no longer looks like I have a square wang in my pockets from my phone either. Do I catch jabs about it on occasion? Ohhh yeah. Do I then hear "you were sooo friggin right" when someone else cracks and picks up a purse of their own? Oh yeah. I don't carry it all the time, but when I need my standard redneck/nerd toolkit it's pretty damn handy.

Plus it's a very convenient place for storing my tampons.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »

I have Prada shoes.. a few couture suits.. several hand made suits...  I like dressing up, my hot wife likes it, her hot sister likes it. 

I also know how to dismantle multiple types of engines and do all my own treework, felling and splitting. 

And I can rock my little girl to sleep.

And I smell great.

It all comes with being a man... dressing up and down... putting it in.. and taking it out.

I gave up my "Man" card a long time ago in favor of my "Superman" card. 

:-)

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »

Nothing wrong with a a good suit an nice shoes...

They are a long way from jeggings and a purse.

Oh Artful.. the murse carrying IZ_.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 10:44:57 AM »

Nothing wrong with a a good suit an nice shoes...

They are a long way from jeggings and a purse.

Oh Artful.. the murse carrying IZ_.

i see what you're getting at.

just call it what it is:  DQTs.  Drag Queens in Training.

...not that there's anything wrong with that..

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Artful

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 10:51:42 AM »

Have you SEEN my calves? Heels make those things POP.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »

Have you SEEN my calves? Heels make those things POP.

They also push out the tummy...

Makes that POP too

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Artful

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 10:56:04 AM »

Lol I think that's the beer, not the heels.

I can also put beer in my purse. Just sayin.

ManaloEA

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »

I use a Maxpedition Remora Gearslinger (http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Remora-Gearslinger-2p384.htm) for concealed carry during the warmer months... fashionable yet functional. I also use it while riding. Haven't had anyone say anything yet.

2011 M696
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »

That looks designed to be carried on the back. I think you transform from small pack/gear bag once it's carried on or in front of the hip. Also same should-same hip is a danger zone. Cross body strapping is less pursey

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Artful

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »

I use a Maxpedition Remora Gearslinger (http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Remora-Gearslinger-2p384.htm) for concealed carry during the warmer months... fashionable yet functional. I also use it while riding. Haven't had anyone say anything yet.

You can call it anything you want and even put a gun in it, it's still a purse. Own it. I would carry with mine but without getting political, it ain't happenin' in MD.

That's a nice purse, looks durable as hell.

ManaloEA

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 11:16:45 AM »

You can call it anything you want and even put a gun in it, it's still a purse. Own it. I would carry with mine but without getting political, it ain't happenin' in MD.

That's a nice purse, looks durable as hell.

Yep, I proudly call it my Man Purse (a.k.a. murse). And yes, they are built tough.

2011 M696
Artful

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 11:24:37 AM »

Attaboy. Viva la Pursolution.

KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 11:35:09 AM »

i just carry my patagonia (yes patagonia) messenger bag.

It is my man-bag.

I have a smaller timbuk2 that i use when i dont' want to carry such a big bag.
i also wear a kilt regularly. call it what you want. jsut be comfortable with yourself

except for jeggings. those are just annoying.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: