Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 03:40:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Sauces - what are you using?  (Read 5077 times)
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 04:59:05 AM »

Some of the sauces on the market transcend flavor and enter into the Chemical Burn zone

and are probably more suitable for stripping paint and varnish

hot for the sake of hot is meaningless without some level of mitigating balance and flavor

This is an insult to the Pez community
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 05:36:14 AM »

The label on Dave's Insanity Sauce clearly states:

"A great cooking ingredient for sauces, soups and stews.

Also, strips waxed floors and removes driveway grease stains.

Enjoy!"

Followed by the warning: "Use this product one drop at a time. Keep away from eyes, pets and children. Not for people with heart/respiratory problems."

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 06:01:44 AM »

Sriracha is about my practical limit. Beyond I don't get much enjoyment.

I use the sriracha as a base for my special wing sauce concoction.  Evil

I need to give this stuff a try. waytogo

I kind of feel the same way. I don't view eating spicy food as a contest of who can survive the meal. I like tex-mex and Thai meals with a kick but I also don't want to regret eating the meal for the next 6-8 hours... and emptying a bottle of TUMS. Tongue

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
DanTheMan

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 06:22:58 AM »

If fresh salsa is not available i use Tapatio

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
ManaloEA

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:59 AM »

Some of the sauces on the market transcend flavor and enter into the Chemical Burn zone

hot for the sake of hot is meaningless without some level of mitigating balance and flavor
waytogo

Some hot sauces are only made so that people can prove how macho they are. I used to eat habanero salad (kinda like cherry pepper salad but with habanero's). Yes I could take it, but the hot was so overpowering, you could not taste anything else.

2011 M696
teddy037.3
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 08:08:47 AM »

tabasco, cholula, sriracha for most everyday stuff.

frank's is good, and I also have a bunch of random hot sauces from ATL when my sisters went on vacay (mostly habanero stuff, dave's ghost pepper, etc.).

retired coworker made this rocket-hot chili shoyu* which was good on anything you'd put shoyu on.

also, whenever I see a bottle of chili pepper water in a local restaurant, it usually wins over anything on the table.

:edit: *soy sauce I keep forgetting that's how most folks know it  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:10:23 AM by teddy037.3 » Logged
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 08:25:32 AM »

Nothing too crazy here.  I keep Crystal, Sylvia's ans Sriracha in stock at all times.  They tend to last a while as I'm the only one in the house who likes anything remotely spicy.

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »

I also really like this stuff drizzled on tacos and similar foodstuffs:

http://www.panolapepper.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=198&zenid=4d5d3f3ced68f025727b7748f6ed5e37

Tasty stuff.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
sno_duc

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 02:16:56 PM »

Here's one of our favorites, roasted garlic  drool
http://www.asskickin.com/generalhotsauces.php

A conclusion is the place you got tired of thinking
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 04:15:03 PM »

The sauces that got smuggled to me from Panama were very good, particularly the Caribeno.
As for stuff I can easily buy locally, these guys have some tasty ones. http://www.tropicalpepper.com/

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
bevel
She called it a

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »

When my wife and I head out for pho, we kill two solid fingers out of a large Sriracha bottle  Grin

And I'm addicted to the Tabasco Chipotle they introduce with Chipotle restaurants a few years ago. I seriously kill half a bottle every time I'm in there.

2003 SV650
Eventually I'll have a Ducati
Mike_D

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »

I'm a fairly devout pepperhead who always has fresh habaneros and scotch bonnets on hand and several different bottles of hot sauce of varying intensity in my fridge.  Two of my favorites are Melinda's fire roasted habanero and garlic sauce and Melinda's Naga Jolakia Sauce.  Unlike something like Dave's Insanity or Nuckin Futs sauces (also in my fridge) which are just hot without much flavor, the Melinda's have good flavor and heat.  The Naga Jolokia isn't a brutal all-at-once onslaught of pain, but rather an ever-increasing burn that feels like your head is being slow-roasted and doesn't quit until you're soaked in sweat.  It's awesome.

2008 S2R 1k.  Black.  Pazzo Levers, 14 t front sprocket, CRG Hindsight LS mirrors, Cycle Cat Frame Sliders,  Oberon open clutch cover and gold/black EVR pressure plate, full Arrow exhaust with reflashed and mapped ECU, tail chop with gold Rizoma Avio 21 turn signals, Ohlins rear shock and Rizoma fluid reservoirs.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »

To the guys who got the sauces from me, those I keep always in the fridge, also use, Congo in its 3 varieties or D'Elidas, which can be purchased here, http://panamarts.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8
they have a 'Sweet 'n Sour hot' sort of thing ...vey good stuff too ...

http://www.proluxsa.com/english/hot.html this is the Congo brand, they have a Culantro, a relative of coriander, based sauce instead of red or yellow-orange is green ...

Soon you shall be receiving pms with Paypal address for your orders if you like ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 05:47:20 PM »

While we're on the subject, Should hot sauces be refrigerated? 

None of mine specify so they're in the pantry for now to save space in my small fridge.

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »

it depends, I have to do it because of climate ... temps averaging 27°C and 85% humidity ... mold builds up real fast ... and things go sour real fast ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: