Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 11:25:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dresden VW factory  (Read 2984 times)
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 05:10:53 AM »

I thought my boss's W12 Phaeton was badass a few years back
and my Golf and my wife's Audi were built on the correct side of the Atlantic so I'm not dumb.  waytogo

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

I'd say it reinforces my point that VW has sold themselves as an economy car company in the US.

And further reinforced with the new US version Jetta
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 06:02:13 PM »

And further reinforced with the new US version Jetta

Exactly.  It's a nice car, but it's not a C class.  The TDI version is amazing, the new CRD engine is doing some great things despite some problems with the pumps.  I wish VW could have continued with the PD engines, but due to CARB (and now we find out, outright fraud by the CARB scientists) diesel emissions had to be tighter than ever. 

VW in the USA is an economy car company.  If they want to sell Phaetons here, they need to put out a mid-level car that is in the 40-50k range that is a great car and let it sink in for about 5 years that they make more than economy cars.  Then put the 70-100k Phaeton on the market.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »

My main point is that too many people here immediately, and wrongly, assumed that a particular brand was incapable of making an upscale product. 

I think you are wrong there.  The new Hyundai premium cars are doing well in sales and in reviews.  Americans can buy wisely if the brand does their homework.

mitt

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »

I think you are wrong there.  The new Hyundai premium cars are doing well in sales and in reviews.  Americans can buy wisely if the brand does their homework.

mitt

Yep, perfect example of a brand turning its marque around.  They spent years making low end cars and now they are coming up.  They also have a luxury model which is moderately priced and apparently are coming out with a high end (~65k range) model in the next 3-4 years.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »

Yep, perfect example of a brand turning its marque around.  They spent years making low end cars and now they are coming up.  They also have a luxury model which is moderately priced and apparently are coming out with a high end (~65k range) model in the next 3-4 years.
the Equus is already here
they aim at the 90k cars with an fall short as a direct comparison but for 65 is a screaming deal
They have a different emblem on the front of the car too. I'm thinking they're going to split those cars off onto their own marque.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: