Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 09:43:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's fast and it's red (another record breaking Königsegg)  (Read 3763 times)
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« on: September 24, 2011, 09:13:34 AM »

This is the actual car which recently broke 5 world records

0-186 mph (0-300 km/t): 14,53 sekunder
 0-200 mph (0-320 km/t): 17,86 sekunder
 186 mph – 0 (300 km/t-0): 6,66 sekunder
 200 mph – 0 (320 km/t-0): 7,28 sekunder
 0-200 mph – 0 (0-300 km/t – 0): 24,96 sekunder

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:35:14 AM by stopintime » Logged

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:27:59 AM »

Took a min to decipher this on the blackberry cuz it screws up the numbers but am I reading this right?  0 to 200 and back down to 0 in 24 second?!

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »

Yup.  Thats quick.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 10:39:47 AM »

Took a min to decipher this on the blackberry cuz it screws up the numbers but am I reading this right?  0 to 200 and back down to 0 in 24 second?!

That's what it says  Cool

(the website I copied that from have some numbers mixed up though. 200 mph isn't 300 km/h - it's either 320 km/h or 186 mph)

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 10:55:08 AM »

That's what it says  Cool

(the website I copied that from have some numbers mixed up though. 200 mph isn't 300 km/h - it's either 320 km/h or 186 mph)

Either way, That is still going from zip to fast and back to I have to stop and change my shorts in very little time.  Shocked

waytogo

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 12:18:52 PM »

Hubba hubba! Shocked

I remember when the original 1966 427 SC Cobra had the fastest 0-100-0 time. No way I remember the time on it but I remember the Cobra held it. There was also the trick of pinning a $100 dollar bill on the passeneger side sun visor and the bet was if you could reach up and grab it while the Cobra was at maximum acceleration you could keep it. popcorn

Shelby Cobra 10MPH to ~ 140MPH

0-100mph Shelby Cobra

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 07:54:14 AM »

drooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrool

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 08:27:22 AM »

^^^ x2

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 08:39:16 AM »

427 Cobras = wood. Evil Wink

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 08:49:18 AM »

427 Cobras = wood. Evil Wink

Boy you aren't kidding.  I'd like to build a Factory Five kit one day, except I sat in one recently and didn't fit Sad

So my replacement kit car is the Type 65 coupe Evil

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 09:20:21 AM »

The Daytona Coupes are some of my all time favorite cars. waytogo

Believe it or not my late father went to school with Carrol Shelby at Sunset High School here in Dallas. As a kid I didn't believe that story and so I wrote Shelby a letter asking if he knew my Dad from high school. Shelby actually wrote me back (or he had some one else write Undecided) and said he did remember my Dad and mentioned my grand father's trucking company!! It breaks my heart that I have no idea what happened to that letter! bang head I would have NEVER gotten rid of it but it has grown legs and crawled into the bowels of a box or drawer. Probably will be found after I'm gone and will get tossed because no one will know who Shelby is/was.

Scooter Montgomery

Milford, NH

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 06:01:51 AM »

Boy you aren't kidding.  I'd like to build a Factory Five kit one day, except I sat in one recently and didn't fit Sad

There is one of these that I have seen go past my house a couple times over the summer. Its not 100% complete yet, still a has primer spots all over it. It still looks cool as hell though and I would take one of those over the Cobra kit.

2003 620 Half Dark/ Half Silver 35,000 happy miles
Duc Buz

Bad Cop, No Duc

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »

[/quote]

Frigging love these.

11B4P (Ret) US Army
2003 620 Dark (Matte Silver)
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 07:21:27 PM »

So what you're saying is... if I ever need my eyeballs mashed, and then removed, I'm gonna have to go to Sweden?  Shocked

Sort of the reverse of the "Start, go fast, then stop" metric...

My dad had a friend in college (mid 60's) who had some sort of Ferrari GT model.

One of the guy's favorite games was to pace a car on the Kansas interstate (55mph speed limit at the time, probably closer to 65mph actual speed) approaching an exit.

He'd run parallel to the car, take the exit, stop at the stop sign at the bottom of the off ramp, then beat the car past the on ramp merge.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
MendoDave
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »

What is sekunder? Are these seconds? and the numbers like this "14,53"
is that 14.53 seconds or is it something else?

I looked up sekunder and it seems to have to do with history...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: