Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 09:17:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what takes 5 hours and still doenst show up?  (Read 2512 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« on: September 25, 2011, 10:41:56 AM »

Police! called the police to file a report (someone broke into my dads car). its been exactly 5 hours now. no one has showed up. called 4 times already. Yes i understand its sunday, but 5 hours?

My wager is that they arent going to show. the 911 operator said it was in queue and said they were going to connect me with the precinct dealing with it, but they just hung up on me instead....twice.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:43:56 AM by He Man » Logged

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
The Bacon Junkie
I have a Bacon Wrapped

Save the brass...

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »

You live in New York, right?

Unless somebody is in imminent danger of a gruesome death ( or donuts are dying ) 911 isn't going to deal with a broken into car. 

Seriously, Dude...

Call the local precinct.  They'll get there when they're not chasing rapists, murderers, child abusers, or the grilled cheese truck.

bacon

I only see jesus having a sauna with a teletubbie.
I find it disturbing that you're imagining me in a sauna, never mind the teletubbie aspect of it

Save the Brass...
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »

we dont call precincts here for stuff like that, hte 911 operator is the one who passes it on to them. dont ask me why thats what the officer who lives on my block says and thats what ive always been told by 311.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
The Bacon Junkie
I have a Bacon Wrapped

Save the brass...

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 12:12:29 PM »

When I lived in the Bronx, I don't remember calling 911 for that stuff. Of course, I was just a kid, so who knows how it's changed now...

Sux about your Dad's car.  Did anyone show up yet?

bacon

I only see jesus having a sauna with a teletubbie.
I find it disturbing that you're imagining me in a sauna, never mind the teletubbie aspect of it

Save the Brass...
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »

What takes forever and never shows up?

All the cash that was in your son's wallet

when he is booked on a suspended driver's license

by NYPD

I know I know....don't stir up the kids....

This is an insult to the Pez community
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 01:17:04 PM »

When I lived in the Bronx, I don't remember calling 911 for that stuff. Of course, I was just a kid, so who knows how it's changed now...

Sux about your Dad's car.  Did anyone show up yet?

bacon

nope. 911 operator said they are arriving soon though.

just called my local precinct, they just told me to dial 911....again.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 01:20:28 PM by He Man » Logged

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »

edit: the operator that i called around 1:30 said they left a note in that call to let the officer know that i live within a block of the actual incident.

i called again just now. the operator said that if i leave a number hte officer will call me....apparnetly the officer showed up and decided to not call me and left.

Unreasonable that if you show up at  5 hours after the call has been made that the person is no longer there or what?

I dont even know what to say about this cause in the end its because someone just didnt want to take that extra step and make a simple call.

I told the operator where i am currently (which is litteraly 50 yards from the incident) and that cops will be coming as soon as possible. I just hope it isnt the same cops that came this moring cause they can pregnant dogy about going to do the same thing twice....

I think howie and ducatiz both said they are required to file a report irregardless? just want to know what their job is suppose to be and they dont half ass it.

fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 01:52:20 PM »

Two summers ago I was at an Academy Sporting Goods store and someone busted out the back drivers side passenger door window of my crew cab pickup. They popped the locks so their buddy could open the right front passenger door. It set off the alarm and they jumped in their car and scramed. When I got to my car a guy approached and said he saw the whole thing but couldn't get a plate number. Nothing on the parking lot "security" camera either. bang head At least they didn't get anything.

I called 911 just to report it for the record. It was 5:00pm on a Friday. They said the police would call and they did about 9:00am on Monday. The detective was nice and professional. He said when he got to work that morning mine was one of 7 reports of burg. vehicle from that same parking lot over the weekend!! Roll Eyes He let it slip that the lot that the sporting goods store shares with a Home Depot was the hottest spot in Dallas, TX for auto theft and burglary. Next question was ahhhh... why don't you have a bait car or bicycle/mounted horse/squad car officers assigned or even a damn elevated observation platform on site?Huh? 

I got all I expected from the phone call. I just wanted to make a report for their records. What I didn't expect was the little nugget of info about it being a hot spot for trouble. I didn't go back there for at least a year. And when I do go there I make sure there is nothing in the truck worth taking, I park it as close to the store front as I can and when I walk to their front door I turn and watch my truck for a good 2-3 minutes to see if it has attracted any interest. So far so good. waytogo
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 01:56:23 PM by fastwin » Logged

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »

stuff like that really bugs me, like they know whats going on, but wont do anything about it.

It really comes down to something simple. No one has ever said anything.

I called the 911 again just prior to my last post and they showed up quickly and report was written up in less than 5 minutes.

fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »

It also pissed me off that the store manager knew of all the trouble but didn't do shit about it. He told me, while other staffers reviewed the security video, that they had lots of stolen cars and break ins!! Dammit dude!! Those are your make the beast with two backsing customer's cars out there!! Dumbshit!! Just like me, I bet a bunch of them never come back to your store because of that. bang head He told me their cameras only point straight down at the door entrance and not the lot. His attitude was like "hey, it's not our problem". You come here to shop you take a chance of car theft or break in. Even the damn grocery store down the street has a security guard on a mtn bike in the lot every damn time I go there. And yes, I feel good about shopping there and not having my damn window busted out!

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
DanTheMan

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 04:01:05 PM »

I wouldn't expect them to show up for a broken window. File a report online or go to a station, doubt they'll chase fingerprints.

I have had them show up within 10-20 minutes when there was a stolen car in my drive way, and also when i witnessed a hit and run and had the plate number to give. Even when my car was stolen, just went to the office to file a report. Not like they are going to send a forensics team to dna sample every hair in the general vicinity.

But it they told you they would call back, then dam it call back! Or tell you no one is coming go file a report.

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 04:33:23 PM »

in nyc? i called hte precinct they told me to call 911 since the cop has to go there and visually veify the damage. they showed up but my dad took one of the cars to get it fixed and the cop just circled where i told him the damage was at.

Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 12:58:45 AM »

I had a window busted out of my truck a couple months back in a parking lot of a bar.

Called 911 and the told me someone would be there soon.

Cop that showed up said he left a rape victim on the scene to come check it out.

Took DNA samples off my truck and ran forensics on it.  Even rerouted satellites to follow the perp.

Glad they had their priorities in check.

Duc Buz

Bad Cop, No Duc

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »

In some of thes cases it could be a man power issue as well.  Lots of cops being laid off.  Cities are broke and some are sacrificing public safety and services.

11B4P (Ret) US Army
2003 620 Dark (Matte Silver)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »

In some of thes cases it could be a man power issue as well.  Lots of cops being laid off.  Cities are broke and some are sacrificing public safety and services.

thats funny because i saw 4 patrol cars within the 10 block radius while i was riding around giving tickets out.
as much as police are there to serve the public, its still a business.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: