Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 23, 2024, 08:13:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You've got mail!  (Read 5283 times)
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 06:34:56 AM »

If, as it seems, several dealers sponsor this club, why are the annual dues then $20? They should be rolling in cash.  Wink
http://www.mad-ducati.com/TopicsMainNew.php

I am the current treasurer of this club and we do use our money for things for the club....while we aren't rolling in it per say...we do rent VIR twice a year for club members to have a discounted 2 day event among other things that our club does for $20....

and sponsoring the club, doesn't mean the dealer puts out a dime to the club...in fact, it is quite the opposite of normal sponsorships...they merely sign off as saying we recognize and support...nothing more...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 06:41:13 AM »

I was being funny but would also be interested in exploring setting up a club in Atlanta. We do have a dealer and I did join US Desmo when I was at DucStock at Barber a while back.

Is there a link to find out more about establishing a club?

Wild Ducs
3285 Indian Valley Trail
30341 Atlanta (Georgia) United states

Last I checked they still had a "website". I would talk you out of creating a club. I've been involved in one way or another in 3, including the one in ATL, and it's a pain unless you can get a solid 10 guys that would help with everything. It's really not worth the hazzle unless you drink the Ducati koolaid.

and sponsoring the club, doesn't mean the dealer puts out a dime to the club...in fact, it is quite the opposite of normal sponsorships...they merely sign off as saying we recognize and support...nothing more...
+1 I've been lucky in that the 3 clubs I've been involved in have had support from dealers, but that's the exception, not the rule.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Steve.In.Atlanta

Rider in downtown Atlanta

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 07:05:31 AM »

I did  get a US Desmo membership for 2012 and I'm going to attend a couple of the events and see how it goes. I did see the Atlanta club but didn't look like they did anything from what I can tell on the site.

2005 Monster S4R
1982 Moto Guzzi V50 Mk3 (project bike)
2001 Monster 900S (stolen)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 07:34:59 AM »

I did  get a US Desmo membership for 2012 and I'm going to attend a couple of the events and see how it goes. I did see the Atlanta club but didn't look like they did anything from what I can tell on the site.

They're actually very very active. They ride up to the mountains every weekend until it's just too painful. They have a monthly dinner meeting, a few trackdays, tech sessions and other miscellaneous activities. Now, if you're looking for people to go to a weekly bike night, then probably not the club for you. USDesmo has 2 major events that you can attend, Ducs Fly South and their trackdays.

corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 08:42:44 AM »

Got mine yesterday too! Wierd!

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »

Got mine today Grin
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »

never mind, i just got mine today too. haha

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
lazylightnin717

we used to play for silver, now we play for life

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »

Got mine today.

Sucks to hear that people don't have the clubs or don't have good experiences with them. I've met a lot of cool people through my local club and we've done some neat stuff. Next on our list in a Christmas dinner where our significant others can meet all the (cool) idiots we ride with. Club money goes towards tire changers and such. Everything is just dandy  Grin
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:07:34 PM by lazylightnin717 » Logged

Comes a time
When the blind man takes your hand
Says don't you see
Gotta' make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »

If, as it seems, several dealers sponsor this club, why are the annual dues then $20? They should be rolling in cash.  Wink
http://www.mad-ducati.com/TopicsMainNew.php

I recognize $20 may be a lot to some people, but I waste more than $2/month on stupid shit like temporary tattoos and fake mustaches as it is.

so it sounds like there is some benefit to the $20.  Although I don't pay, as said above a dealer 'sponsors' our club, but that really just means they let us watch races in their waiting room, but then of course everyone else is allowed as well.  Maybe once a year or twice a year we get some member exclusive stuff at the dealer.  We have raffles at our events to raise a little cash which mostly buys food for the next event.

Otherwise everything else at my DOC is non-dealer (what little actually does happen).  I wish more did happen but /shrug

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 08:12:13 PM »

I recognize $20 may be a lot to some people, but I waste more than $2/month on stupid shit like temporary tattoos and fake mustaches as it is.

Smiley

You buy an $XXXXX.XX motorcycle and the manufacturer only gives swag to owners who join an approved club? Bizarre. Maybe they could learn something from Triumph.

As for paying $0.05 to a club 100+ miles away from which I get ZERO benefit? Not happening. Must be the principle of the thing.

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 03:57:02 AM »

if you look at owners group by manufacturer, then it seems by your comment that Triumph doesn't charge anything...then by comparison, you have to mention HOG, which is by all mean the other end of the spectrum and those folks spend WAAAAAAAAY more than necessary IMHO....I don't know if they have dues per say ( which I am sure they do) but I know they have the peer pressure of having to buy all the swag to look the part when participating and that shit ain't cheap....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 06:39:07 AM »

As per Ducati, the swag they send out is mostly to appease, but if you have a chance to attend any MotoGP race (not sure if they do anything for WSBK) or WDW you'll see where they treat the owners to a better experience than the other manufacturers, again compared to the manufacturers that actually attend.

Now, for the DOCs. I've been involved with 2 that do not charge a dime and 1 that does. The lucky ones that have dealer support can afford not to charge. You can schedule events around what the dealer offers and not worry too much about bleeding your members. A DOC that charges generally manages to do some events, like the Xmas party, but is more limited. Thankfully the one DOC that charged (ATL) is very active in the riding perspective.

All in all, joining a club is a great way to meet people that share your interest. Starting a club is generally a hazzle and should only be reserved o those that currently don't have a DOC close to them or are so into Ducatis that they simply have to have their own club.

Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 05:11:17 PM »

Smiley

You buy an $XXXXX.XX motorcycle and the manufacturer only gives swag to owners who join an approved club? Bizarre. Maybe they could learn something from Triumph.

As for paying $0.05 to a club 100+ miles away from which I get ZERO benefit? Not happening. Must be the principle of the thing.

I'm not familiar with the geography in your area, but yeah I wouldn't have joined either.  Not meaning to say you should join no matter what the cost.  By all means if there's no benefit to you then don't.

I wonder if there's any rule about which DOC you join?

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 05:11:30 AM »

As far as I know you can join any DOC
I have members from allover the US, UK, Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany and Australia.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:18:04 AM by Grifo » Logged

2007 red S4Rs
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 05:45:19 AM »

As far as I know you can join any DOC
I have members from allover the US, UK, Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany and Australia.

... and Chile.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: