Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:32:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466625 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #555 on: September 13, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »

Something like those suburban machinery clip on style bars?

Thought about those, but it doesn't look like I'd be able to rotate them down far enough.  It would be SpeedyMoto Tallboys or nothing I'm afraid.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #556 on: September 13, 2012, 06:42:29 PM »

Any good fab shop could pie cut and weld those to move them where you needed them.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #557 on: September 13, 2012, 06:43:37 PM »

Did someone say pie?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #558 on: September 13, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »

Ride or trailer it up and we can make custom bars for it.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #559 on: September 14, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=59643.msg1100994#msg1100994

I was officially compelled!!!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #560 on: September 14, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »

Welcome to the dark orange side

Cheesy

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #561 on: September 14, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »

Welcome. Now, no wheelies.  Grin

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #562 on: September 14, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »

KTM Riders are a responsible bunch, aren't they?

DesmoDiva

« Reply #563 on: September 14, 2012, 10:00:55 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp

You funny!!!

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #564 on: September 14, 2012, 10:11:45 AM »

We like to uphold and respect the law.

Or is that just me?

Grin

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #565 on: September 14, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »

I can honestly say that I haven't wheelied it once...

yet! Cheesy

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #566 on: September 14, 2012, 09:12:52 PM »

Something cool happened today.

Today was one of those days that being self employed is great. I left the house at 10 am on the 450 sumo headed for the shop.

70 degrees with the sun shining. Pretty much perfect.

The ride home at 530 was in the rain. I like riding in the rain. I left the shop hauling ass at about 70 down the back roads to 5 Star Cycle to pickup a halogen headlight bulb upgrade. My stocker is done for at 1500 miles.

I got there with jeans and street riding boots muddy from the knees down. Mud splatter all over my coat as well. They're on a dirt road which was mostly mud.

I left there and made my way into town towards home. I turn off North street into Grove. Its a short uphill section before my turn onto my street.

Perfect spot to rip a second gear power wheelie.  Normally I roll off the throttle a little, lean back and hammer it as the forks extend an that engages the anti gravity front wheel feature built into most ktms.

Something new happened since it was really wet out.

I go through the motions and instead of a rockin second gear floater I get the following :

The front comes up about 20" and a split second later the rear tire lights up and steps out about 8" to the right.  

I am laughing like Jack in The Shining.

I let off and the bike sorts itself out. I make my turn and this guy is standing on the corner with his jaw dropped laughingdp

I guess he saw the whole thing.

I <3 this bike

DanTheMan

« Reply #567 on: September 14, 2012, 09:40:44 PM »

But did you get a new bottle of that chocolate milk on the way home? mmmmm....

Zooooommm

Nice upgrade! welcome to the orange side.

So is the SMT the 990 ADV but with 17" wheels?

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #568 on: September 15, 2012, 02:37:33 AM »

Different frame

No chocolate milk Sad

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #569 on: September 17, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »

Yeah, more street oriented than just a wheel and plastic swap. Some bikes like the 690 SMC and Enduro or the 950 super enduro and SM-R share frames plastics and other bits. There's no real off road analogue to the SMT

Got all the filing and grinding of my front wheel done to smooth off the nipples of the front wheel. Gotta triple check my spoke tension before laying on seals.

Started on the rear wheel grinding and sand prep. Sticky rubber is on the way as they recommend you get a tire on and aired up shortly after the tape stuff.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: