Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 11:22:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 471436 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #675 on: December 11, 2012, 01:28:30 PM »

The R comes with a lot of goodies already. What more would you stick on?

Full akro system.

Great story about that:

guy in pittsburgh as the same bike as me, 2007 950 Supermoto R.  He added the full akro system and the tech said they jetted it where ktm said to.  ended up going like 3 sizes more to make it right.

Me: gas light at 110-120 miles.

Him: 80.

Me power wheelie in first and second.

Him, power wheelie in first, second, third, fourth, and slightly in fifth.

While spinning the rear at the same time.

Evil

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #676 on: December 11, 2012, 05:23:53 PM »

all kinds of little bling.  bar ends, graphics, those damn wheels... basically everything orange in the damn catalog Evil

i love it

edit: i mean c'mon - it's not gonna come from the factory like this: http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=60729.0

this too: KTM 1290 Super Duke R Prototype
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:28:43 PM by shift1100 » Logged

12 M1100EVO
09 KTM 200XC - sold. I cried.
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #677 on: December 11, 2012, 07:33:51 PM »

That's the super duke prototype. I was talking Duke R- the single

Full akro system.

That I can see. Hopefully they would make an under system like the current gen Duke. The Duke R looks to have an Akro can, but still has some sort of udder which probably houses a cat con. The under of the current model gives a nice clean look.

On a personal note all my fork goodies arrived.  Stripped one down, polished the slider, new bushings, set some slick seals from Slavins got the preload adjuster caps ready and installed some clean speeding rebound knobs.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #678 on: December 12, 2012, 05:36:33 AM »

gotcha...thats the one this guy wants to see come here  Evil  a lot of the bling applies to both.  even those pics of the baby duke with all the orange bolt ons looks just as good as that thing...that's the best thing about ktms - the smaller displacement bikes get just as much attention to details as the top of the line.

12 M1100EVO
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #679 on: December 12, 2012, 06:39:39 AM »

Oh no doubt I'd put some bad touches on that new Super Duke - though it's just a wreckless by speed ticket waiting to happen!

Gotta say I'm quite enjoying the 'single life' of the light 690 - though a little more grunt would be nice and the new Duke R seems to fit that bill. Though really not 'practical' to keep running a single at the track. Finished off the season running mid-ish intermediate pace in our local tight ass track (Summit Point Shenandoah course), but I'd get brutalized in the horsepower game on a more open track

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #680 on: December 12, 2012, 08:05:50 AM »

There's always the 990r.  Somewhere around 130hp isn't it? Maybe they'll bring that stateside...

12 M1100EVO
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #681 on: December 12, 2012, 09:05:16 AM »

The 990 series of SD is on the way out. That 1290 beast is on the way in.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #682 on: December 12, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »

thats quite an upgrade...

12 M1100EVO
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #683 on: December 13, 2012, 06:00:04 AM »

Like a CB 450 engine strapped on.

Yeah, quite a jump but they had the bigger plant in their back pocket. The RC8 was already near 1200 cc. Not that that a purchase would happen, but I don't even want to know was the insurance company would have to say about a near 1300cc super duke...

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #684 on: December 13, 2012, 06:53:54 AM »

my 1100 isn't really that bad - could 200 cc's make a huge different?  I'm not sure how it works, but I guess it's gonna depend on whether or not it's categorized as a superbike or a standard or whatever...plus i'm sure the added insurance expense is well worth it for the amount of fun it looks like that dude is having in the video  Evil

Any idea how a duke compares to a similar monster as far as handling, comfort, etc. goes?  I saw a dude ripping a 690 in a pair of moto boots and a full face helmet with goggles the other day and it just looks like it'd be too much fun to be legal - like a good cross between a dirt bike and a street bike but without the temptation to do the really stupid stuff that'd get you carted off to jail

12 M1100EVO
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #685 on: December 13, 2012, 07:05:22 AM »

I don't have a Duke, but do have a bike with the same engine- 690 Enduro, fit with 17". The mappings are a little different, but far from night and day and ride is a bit higher, but not crazy different.

It's a fun ride - light and flickable. Upright seating position and big bars let you push the bike around without much effort. You are down on horsepower, but with a fist full of torque. I take mine to the track (days), there's a pretty tight one that's near by and if I get a good drive it forces the bigger bikes to work for their money - then there's the braking zone. At this point my bike is a bit under 300 pounds, sans gas and my ass, so the heavier bikes let up sooner so if one has slipped by me near the end of a stright I can usually have them on the brakes.

I run mid pack intermediate, but there is a fellow running a proper Duke who's mixing it up in Advanced pretty well.

it is a somewhat different ride style than my monster - the rear brake does a lot more and the lighter weight of the bike means body position has a more notable impact on the chassis. Bad in some ways as it exposes your faults a little more (might be good in the long run) but good in others like I was able to rock some weight back off the front wheel and pull it out of the start of a low-side.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #686 on: December 13, 2012, 07:20:26 AM »

I have a 200xc sitting in the garage too. i'm sure your suspension set up is different for the street and the extra weight of the big engine, but I can't imagine it's too much different of a ride - which is the whole reason I could never own a sumo. too much temptation for sliding every corner, jumping curbs, wheelies, etc. etc.  all that stuff thats perfectly acceptable in the woods would be way worse for my insurance than the big boy duke I imagine

12 M1100EVO
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #687 on: December 13, 2012, 07:26:19 AM »

here's a pic of the thing...

that's the cleanest the thing's been since i've owned it...makes me wanna ride.  need to move to cali or somewhere where it's warm enough to use these toys year round

12 M1100EVO
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #688 on: December 13, 2012, 07:33:32 AM »

I have a 200xc sitting in the garage too. i'm sure your suspension set up is different for the street and the extra weight of the big engine, but I can't imagine it's too much different of a ride - which is the whole reason I could never own a sumo. too much temptation for sliding every corner, jumping curbs, wheelies, etc. etc.  all that stuff thats perfectly acceptable in the woods would be way worse for my insurance than the big boy duke I imagine

it's a bit of a different ride. Remember the LC4s are 4 are 4 stroke, EFI bikes vs that two smoker. And the 690 has a bigger chassis - things actually longer than my Monster!  But yes, it does inspire some villainy - I've behaved well - better that some *cough* Kev *cough* but still gone over plenty of curbs, a few side walks one or two medians and parking lot boundaries. Lot more of the 'Ah make the beast with two backs it, I'll just go over it' with that bike.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #689 on: December 13, 2012, 07:52:24 AM »

oh i'm sure the thumper's quite a different animal than the 200...i've had my fair share of the 4 strokes too. I don't know if it's just cause i'm ham fisted or what, but I find i'm much faster (read: i'm not always last) on the 2 stroke - my last 4 stroke was a crf250r with ALL of the go fast bits, pro suspension setup, etc. - tough to compare to the monster, but it was way faster in a straight line than anything else i've ever ridden on dirt, but I'm quicker on all of the normal loops on the 200.

i'm actually not surprised that it's longer than the monster- i think my 200 is as well. it's that upright position, the fact that you can actually stand up on the thing and still have control, and 11''+ of suspension that I think encourage less than civil behavior

you ever take that thing into the woods? 

12 M1100EVO
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: