Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 02:33:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466718 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #915 on: September 08, 2013, 05:42:26 PM »

I know nothing about them and they look funny.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #916 on: September 08, 2013, 06:21:07 PM »

Nice bike.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #917 on: September 08, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »

good looking ML

Thanks!

Black bikes are awesome. Had to do it.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #918 on: September 09, 2013, 03:53:43 AM »

Nice bike.

is it an easy bike to maintain? are the costs comparable to Ducati's?

that's what I want to know

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #919 on: September 09, 2013, 04:12:07 AM »

Yes and yes

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #920 on: September 09, 2013, 04:13:42 AM »

thanks . . .

in such case, need to look for something fun and less costly than Ducati . . .

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #921 on: September 09, 2013, 05:29:26 AM »

thanks . . .

in such case, need to look for something fun and less costly than Ducati . . .

Hard to say.  All the 2v ducs I've had were basically gas-oil-tires.

My 950smr has been that way with the addition of a battery (age) and a fuel pump (known issue)

My 450 is pretty easy as well, just needs oil changed a lot.  Keep in mind it doesn't even hold a qt to begin with.

I don't know a ton about that bike but I think it's similar to lethe's 625.  You should talk to him.

I think motorcycles inherently come with maintenance needs, no matter the brand.  If you want cheap transportation a 90's honda civic or accord is the way to go.  30mpg and pretty much no maintenance.  I bought my last one for $200 Wink

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #922 on: September 09, 2013, 05:44:41 AM »

Hard to say.  All the 2v ducs I've had were basically gas-oil-tires.

My 950smr has been that way with the addition of a battery (age) and a fuel pump (known issue)

My 450 is pretty easy as well, just needs oil changed a lot.  Keep in mind it doesn't even hold a qt to begin with.

I don't know a ton about that bike but I think it's similar to lethe's 625.  You should talk to him.

I think motorcycles inherently come with maintenance needs, no matter the brand.  If you want cheap transportation a 90's honda civic or accord is the way to go.  30mpg and pretty much no maintenance.  I bought my last one for $200 Wink
basically I want something to take me to/from work without being heavy as in almost 400lbs of bike plus 200lbs rider  . . . something that will also make it fun and to run short errands; starting my bike to ride a total of 6 miles is no fun . . . 3 to work 3 from work . . .

was asking since this one has the same price as a chinese made "sumo wannabe" with a 200/250cc engine . . . import tax wouldn't be that much due to model year[2001] . .. I'll see if for when I get to Miami in the following weeks the bike's still available and take a better look at it, then decide . ..

Carlos
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #923 on: September 09, 2013, 07:38:55 AM »

Good plan waytogo

ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #924 on: September 09, 2013, 09:06:56 AM »

I have now been back and forth to the dealership 5 times since finalizing my decision to a 500EXC in the spring.
I keep oogling and fondling the 500 and 350EXCs he currently has in stock.

It's funny really as I haven't been this excited about getting a bike in a long time...even the *GASP*  Shocked Multistrada.

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #925 on: September 09, 2013, 10:20:21 AM »

ZLTFUL

« Reply #926 on: September 09, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »

That's what I am getting. But I keep playing with them both. Heh.

My fat ass needs the 500.  Evil

2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
DanTheMan

« Reply #927 on: September 09, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »

I have now been back and forth to the dealership 5 times since finalizing my decision to a 500EXC in the spring.
I keep oogling and fondling the 500 and 350EXCs he currently has in stock.

It's funny really as I haven't been this excited about getting a bike in a long time...even the *GASP*  Shocked Multistrada.

dont know how you can wait till the spring! If i wanted something that bad, i would have got it already.

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #928 on: September 10, 2013, 07:09:48 AM »

dont know how you can wait till the spring! If i wanted something that bad, i would have got it already.

+1  - also! this is the best time of year to ride that thing!  get it NOW!!!!!!!!

then post pics

12 M1100EVO
09 KTM 200XC - sold. I cried.
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
ZLTFUL

« Reply #929 on: September 10, 2013, 08:27:56 AM »

Because right now, I would have to take out a loan on it. If I wait until spring, between bonuses and tax return, I can pay cash for the whole kit.  Grin

Believe me...I keep telling myself that a loan would just help me improve my credit...but I wouldn't be carrying the loan long enough to actually make any difference.

2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: