Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 02:23:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466667 times)
SpikeC

Spike in PDX

« Reply #1155 on: December 26, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »

as long as there is no air in the line the fluid doesn't care where the reservoir is.

Spike Cornelius
  PDX
   2009 M1100S Assorted blingy odds and ends(now gone)
2008 Bimota DB5R  woo-Hoo!
   1965 T100SC
The Architect

« Reply #1156 on: December 26, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »

I may be down that way in the next 6-8 weeks with my truck

I could get it to NW PA at the least.

I'm waiting for the owner to get back to me.   I'll take you up on the offer.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1157 on: December 26, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »

Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1158 on: December 26, 2013, 07:19:19 PM »

I'm waiting for the owner to get back to me.   I'll take you up on the offer.

Remember, may be down there...

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1159 on: December 26, 2013, 07:19:20 PM »

as long as there is no air in the line the fluid doesn't care where the reservoir is.

I'm having a small issue with that statement. Since the masters are gravity fed the fluid level in the reservoirs needs to be the high point, otherwise you will create a bubble in the line. Yes, as long as there is fluid in the line you are correct. It's about maintaining fluid in the line and because of that the location of the reservoir is important.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #1160 on: December 26, 2013, 08:24:06 PM »

I finally contacted Renazco about a seat for the adv. Now I just have to send it in and wait for happy hiney making seat of magic to come back to me.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1161 on: December 26, 2013, 11:02:42 PM »

Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1162 on: December 27, 2013, 02:38:48 AM »

Rare bird right there Smiley

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #1163 on: December 27, 2013, 06:24:54 AM »

Love the "Safety Third" sticker.  waytogo

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
The Architect

« Reply #1164 on: December 27, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »

Based on some research, it appears I may have difficulty finding an 2008 through 2010 690 SMC locally.  But I can find 2005 - 2007 625 SMC.  Is there a lot of difference between the two?

Triple J
« Reply #1165 on: December 27, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »

The fluid doesn't care, but there needs to be a bit of air in the system to account for heat expansion of the fluid. If the reservoir isn't the highest point in the system then any air in the system will be somewhere you don't want it.

Kopf gets away with it because he doesn't ride his bikes though...  Grin
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1166 on: December 27, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »

BOOM!!!

That shit just happened. 

Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
SpikeC

Spike in PDX

« Reply #1167 on: December 27, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »

Air tends to float, so the way I see it as long as fluid blocks the exit at the bottom of the reservoir it is really hard for the air to swim down there and get out...........

Spike Cornelius
  PDX
   2009 M1100S Assorted blingy odds and ends(now gone)
2008 Bimota DB5R  woo-Hoo!
   1965 T100SC
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1168 on: December 27, 2013, 02:31:54 PM »

The fluid doesn't care, but there needs to be a bit of air in the system to account for heat expansion of the fluid. If the reservoir isn't the highest point in the system then any air in the system will be somewhere you don't want it.

Kiss

Kiss

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1169 on: December 27, 2013, 02:43:45 PM »

No real evidence of you actually riding it to those places.  For all we know, you just rolled it out of the back of your truck for the pictures.   Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: