Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 02:22:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466666 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1185 on: January 05, 2014, 08:29:43 AM »

Awesome. That bike is the twin to my 950 sm-r.  That guy was cookin. Didn't seem like he knew he was on a 100hp 465lb bike. Cheesy

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #1186 on: January 05, 2014, 09:20:27 AM »

Couple of Dukes spotted on NCIS LA last night. 

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
minnesotamonster

« Reply #1187 on: January 07, 2014, 07:55:21 AM »

A friend of mine's 2013 SMR build.

Figured you guys would appreciate.

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1188 on: January 07, 2014, 08:25:12 AM »

Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #1189 on: January 07, 2014, 07:48:15 PM »

Well looks like Redheads are the new orange. Put a deposit on a 2013 Husky TE310R...used with all of 118 miles on it and at less than half the price of a 350EXC.
It was at my local KTM/Duc dealer all of 17 hours heh

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
ZLTFUL

« Reply #1190 on: January 07, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »

2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #1191 on: January 08, 2014, 05:44:04 AM »

congrats....that'll make a wrencher outta you if nothing else will!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1192 on: January 08, 2014, 07:42:57 PM »

^

Cheesy

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1193 on: January 09, 2014, 08:48:06 AM »

I just found out yesterday that KTM differentiates between their dirt bikes and street bikes when it comes to dealers and, as such, there is no street bike KTM dealer in Hawaii. Dirt bikes yes, on multiple islands, but no street bikes.   Angry   bang head   Angry

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #1194 on: January 09, 2014, 09:52:26 AM »

I just found out yesterday that KTM differentiates between their dirt bikes and street bikes when it comes to dealers and, as such, there is no street bike KTM dealer in Hawaii. Dirt bikes yes, on multiple islands, but no street bikes.   Angry   bang head   Angry

I think when drkwng picked up his StupidDuke ( as our mutual friend Lars calls it), he ended up getting it in Cali and shipping to Hawaii....I think......Paging Drkwng to the orange courtesy phone !!!

98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ZLTFUL

« Reply #1195 on: January 09, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »

congrats....that'll make a wrencher outta you if nothing else will!

How so? Guess I am confused by the comment as there doesn't seem to be anything really negative out there about the "Red Heads"...  Huh?

2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #1196 on: January 09, 2014, 01:22:35 PM »

not sure how much of your own wrenching you do, but those Husky's are a bit high strung and will be pretty maintenence intensive....not quite as intensive at a 'Priller SXV, but as intensive as a Honda Unicam motor with valve checks.  A buddy of mine had a 510 Husky and he was checking valves fairly regularly....

2010 KTM 990 SM-T
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1197 on: January 09, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »

I think when drkwng picked up his StupidDuke ( as our mutual friend Lars calls it), he ended up getting it in Cali and shipping to Hawaii....I think......Paging Drkwng to the orange courtesy phone !!!

Yup.  Got it from 3Bros Racing out of Temecula.  They loaded it into the back of their truck and took it down to the port in San Diego for me.  Pretty sure Rick knew all about that though, as he heard me going on and on about it.   Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1198 on: January 09, 2014, 02:24:46 PM »

Yup.  Got it from 3Bros Racing out of Temecula.  They loaded it into the back of their truck and took it down to the port in San Diego for me.  Pretty sure Rick knew all about that though, as he heard me going on and on about it.   Grin

That part I knew about.  I also knew that the Oahu dealer did not want to mess around with street bikes and I knew you worked out a good deal, esp. with the Akro cans and all.  I didn't know that KTM doesn't ship street bikes to Hawaii dealers.  I thought that Will, down at Kiser, might be able to get a deal for me & might even sell me the computer/service module interface.  This all might have just been a pipedream.    Roll Eyes

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
ZLTFUL

« Reply #1199 on: January 09, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »

not sure how much of your own wrenching you do, but those Husky's are a bit high strung and will be pretty maintenence intensive....not quite as intensive at a 'Priller SXV, but as intensive as a Honda Unicam motor with valve checks.  A buddy of mine had a 510 Husky and he was checking valves fairly regularly....

The word is that the Red Head motors improved on that greatly. They are supposed to be a vast improvement over the pre-2012 engines from a maintenance interval standpoint.

That being said, wrenching on it will be mostly DIY short of anything computer related.

2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: