Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 10:13:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 471334 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1395 on: November 20, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »

I'm kind worried it will feel under powered. 300 some pounds and 35ish HP.

My 450 makes that and weighs 265 idling on the freight scale at the train yard.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1396 on: November 20, 2014, 07:16:18 PM »

You're sounding like you'd leave it totally stock.

Does anyone here actually do that?  Huh?

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
DanTheMan

« Reply #1397 on: November 20, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »

I'm kind worried it will feel under powered. 300 some pounds and 35ish HP.

My 450 makes that and weighs 265 idling on the freight scale at the train yard.

Im with ya. I wouldn't call it a light weight bike unless its around 200lbs, ok 250 would probably be more realistic. But my old ninja 250 weighed in less than 300lbs with 32HP (the KTM would still smoke it) but under powered and not that light weight.  

I think my 690 is listed at 315lbs, 50+HP

Tracked out, i would like to see what they are coming up with for weight.

Ive ridden a 390 duke, fun but not near the performance of an gp250 or 125.

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1398 on: November 20, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »

I think my 690 is listed at 315lbs, 50+HP

307 dry.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1399 on: November 21, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1400 on: November 21, 2014, 02:37:28 PM »

Angry

Gonna be awhile before I can contribute.  Maybe, 6 months.  Poooosibly 5.

make the beast with two backsing snow.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Triple J
« Reply #1401 on: November 21, 2014, 08:20:04 PM »

IMO the RC390 will make a super cool race bike...because it'll be raced against like machines (Ninjas, R3's, etc).  waytogo

For a track bike it will feel underpowered because it'll be on the track with 600s and liter bikes. Riders will need to (or at least should) wear orange vests to warn other riders about closing speeds on the straight...at least that's what happens here. We had a very fast guy on a Ninja get rear-ended by a less-experienced (and slower) rider on a liter bike several years ago, breaking his back (he recovered). Being on the track with 600s and liter bikes will also make riding the 390 like it should be more difficult (high corner speed) because traffic will be causing problems on corner entry. It'll be frustrating, as traffic may kill your drive fairly often, making the low HP very apparent.

I'm thinking of getting one for a race bike for the 2016 season if the grids in the applicable classes increase this season, as I expect they will. It would be a ton of fun, and a bunch cheaper than racing the tire-killing RSV4 (although the cost of racing the Ape is 100% worth it).

However, for a non-race track bike, I'd stick with a 600 (or a middleweight in general...since this is a Duc forum).  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:22:04 PM by Triple J » Logged
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1402 on: November 22, 2014, 04:37:58 AM »

I agree completely.

That's basically the experience I had with my 450 on the track. I was able to maintain a decent pace but I got passed a lot.

There would be a clump of riders heading into turn one which often times really killed my entry speed sometimes. I found the lack of power a little frustrating though I still has a ton of fun.

At NYST there's a line down the front straight (doubles as a runway)  Pass on the left, no passing on the right. Helped cut down on riders clogging the way through for others at a higher speed.

I'm interested in the rc390 as a street and occasional track bike. The other contender is another 675 to replace one I sold back when and never got over it.

They're both about the same price if I get a used triumph.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1403 on: November 22, 2014, 09:57:45 AM »

You miss your Daytona too eh?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1404 on: November 22, 2014, 01:52:33 PM »

Yeah, since the day after I did it.

That bike and I really clicked. I was fast on it. Or at least it felt fast Smiley

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1405 on: November 22, 2014, 05:28:40 PM »

I got tired of being passed on the straights on my VFR400, after passing them in the tight stuff, so I got a GSXR750. It was not quite too much. I could thrash a 600 and will never be good enough for a GSXR1000, so the 750 was just about right. I guess the 675 was like that?
Oh I ate the Hersheys, the kids didn't get near it. Cheesy

Oh, I think the slower lighter bikes are good for racing in an even class, but it gets frustrating on track days. If you have a clear track its awesome on a little bike, but having Hayabusa/GSXR1000 riding dumbasses threatening to T-bone you at the end of every straight is no fun.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 05:31:14 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1406 on: November 22, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1407 on: November 22, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

Gosh that's pretty.

2015 Scrambler 800
Triple J
« Reply #1408 on: November 22, 2014, 08:51:10 PM »

Went to the IMS and sat on the race version of the 390...very cool.

Also, the Kawi H2 is the stupidest looking bike I've ever seen. It looks decent to bad in photos...absolutely absurd in person. Unbelievable that a real moto company would put that POS out.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1409 on: November 23, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »

Also, the Kawi H2 is the stupidest looking bike I've ever seen. It looks decent to bad in photos...absolutely absurd in person. Unbelievable that a real moto company would put that POS out.

Also, ranting about it in the KTM thread is absurd.  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: