Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 11:19:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 478064 times)
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1590 on: August 28, 2015, 05:18:08 AM »

There's an '11 SM-R on ebay right now for a day or two more.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1591 on: August 28, 2015, 05:46:00 AM »

Yeah.  There were quite a few more 950s in the U.S. market than the 990s.

But that makes me wonder; are you thinking the SM, Or the SM-T?

Neither, and both.  Really just "fantasy shopping", as right now I'm deciding whether to reduce my # of bikes, not increase.  But If I weren't heading on a year long journey abroad in coming months, I'd thinking about KTMs.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1592 on: September 08, 2015, 04:43:17 AM »

Anyone get some naughty time with the SM-T?  Thoughts?

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1593 on: September 08, 2015, 06:24:59 AM »

Anyone get some naughty time with the SM-T?  Thoughts?

I assume Zooom thrashed his a bit before the truck driver said STOP!  A buddy of mine, and his wife down south each has one.  They love the things, but use them more for light touring (think ST4) than anything.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1594 on: September 08, 2015, 06:38:36 AM »

Yeah, I need to hit up Zoom and pick his brain.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Triple J
« Reply #1595 on: September 08, 2015, 07:25:33 AM »

Anyone get some naughty time with the SM-T?  Thoughts?

Best streetbike made IMO. I mainly commute on mine now, and it does great and is fantastic in all weather conditions. Very comfortable seating position, decent but not too much wind protection, and light so easy to handle in town and traffic. Plus, it enjoys power wheelies when leaving stoplights.  Evil

I also rode my previous one, which I never should have sold, from Seattle to SLC (WSBK races), and from Seattle to Monterey (GP races). It did very well. I haven't had a chance to do any trips or long ride on my new one, but it feels the exact same except it has ABS.

The motor has a light flywheel, so it has a lot of engine braking. Just something to get used to. The on-off throttle transition can be a little abrupt on them. Easy fix with a G2 Throttle Tamer (~$79)...I've had one on both of my SMTs, and they are well worth the money. Gas mileage in town isn't great...around 30 mpg or so. Probably because I'm always whacking the throttle open. On trips, or in the twisties the mileage increased to over 40 mpg though. Low fuel light comes on around 105-110 miles when commuting, but I went as far as 180 miles on my 2 long trips and never saw it.

I did an extended test ride on a Multistrada a few years back when I still had my 2010 SMT. I liked the MTS, but was very happy to be back on my SMT to go home. MTS has way more power, but the SMT is a lot lighter, has better ergonomics (for me anyway), handles better, and still has plenty of power (~105 at the wheel is the general consensus).

I'm never selling the one I have.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:28:58 AM by Triple J » Logged
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1596 on: September 08, 2015, 08:51:30 AM »

Best streetbike made IMO. I mainly commute on mine now, and it does great and is fantastic in all weather conditions. Very comfortable seating position, decent but not too much wind protection, and light so easy to handle in town and traffic. Plus, it enjoys power wheelies when leaving stoplights.  Evil

I also rode my previous one, which I never should have sold, from Seattle to SLC (WSBK races), and from Seattle to Monterey (GP races). It did very well. I haven't had a chance to do any trips or long ride on my new one, but it feels the exact same except it has ABS.

The motor has a light flywheel, so it has a lot of engine braking. Just something to get used to. The on-off throttle transition can be a little abrupt on them. Easy fix with a G2 Throttle Tamer (~$79)...I've had one on both of my SMTs, and they are well worth the money. Gas mileage in town isn't great...around 30 mpg or so. Probably because I'm always whacking the throttle open. On trips, or in the twisties the mileage increased to over 40 mpg though. Low fuel light comes on around 105-110 miles when commuting, but I went as far as 180 miles on my 2 long trips and never saw it.

I did an extended test ride on a Multistrada a few years back when I still had my 2010 SMT. I liked the MTS, but was very happy to be back on my SMT to go home. MTS has way more power, but the SMT is a lot lighter, has better ergonomics (for me anyway), handles better, and still has plenty of power (~105 at the wheel is the general consensus).

I'm never selling the one I have.

Reminds me very much of how I feel about my 950smr. Except I don't have the same on/off throttle issues. Same mpg even.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1597 on: September 08, 2015, 09:02:05 AM »

Can someone school me on the main differences between the SM models?  I'm too lazy for google and you all are so smart anyway!  Grin

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1598 on: September 08, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »

SMR - 450cc single factory race super moto

SM(-R) - 950/990 - Megamoto. Supermoto'ish ergos, big beasty engines

SM-T - 950/990. Supermoto Touring. Very similar ergos to the SM, but bigger tank, more wind protection, bags and a couple other farkles.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1599 on: September 08, 2015, 10:08:13 AM »

Thanks. chug

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1600 on: September 08, 2015, 10:29:32 AM »

Don't forget the 950SM. Same as sm-r but bigger tank, non black swing arm, non orange frame, different seat.

Still as fun but lacking the sweet look IMO.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1601 on: September 08, 2015, 03:27:38 PM »

Oh man, KTM is making me so happy right now.  Twin engine in the works and now I see a Husky 701 enduro coming out next year.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2015-husqvarna-701-supermoto/

« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 03:33:24 PM by 1.21GW » Logged

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1602 on: September 08, 2015, 03:40:44 PM »

Or the 690 SMC R  Evil Not available in the states, but you can basically turn the 690 Enduro into one.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1603 on: September 14, 2015, 09:00:35 AM »

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ktm-690-duke-upgrades-2016/

"As such, expect to see the 2016 KTM 690 Duke to get a power boost, roughly to the tune of 73hp @ 8,500 rpm (up 1,000 rpm over the previous model), with peak torque also getting a boost of roughly 6%.

This increase in power comes about partly to internal changes, which include a larger bore and shorter stroke. These give that 690 Duke a very slight displacement increase of 3cc, for 693cc in total.

Larger valves have also been fitted to the KTM 690 Duke’s now more compact cylinder head. The 2016 model is also now Euro IV compliant.
The 2016 Duke comes with three ride modes, Sport, Street and Rain, selectable by the updated left handlebar switch gear. A Bosch 9M+ switchable ABS will be standard but traction control will be an optional add-on. Electronic settings will be indicated on a new TFT display, the first for a KTM.

Other subtle changes are the addition of a TFT dash display, and the addition of 4mm to the trail of the chassis."

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1604 on: September 14, 2015, 06:05:13 PM »

What will it weigh?

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: