Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 02:36:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466736 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1605 on: September 17, 2015, 01:37:22 PM »

New battery for the Duke. 6lbs lighter than OEM.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1606 on: September 23, 2015, 05:35:46 AM »

I looked at 1190 and 1290 Adventures yesterday.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1607 on: September 23, 2015, 05:37:41 AM »

What's the matter with the one's you have? Evil

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1608 on: September 23, 2015, 05:54:36 AM »

Thoughts?

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1609 on: September 23, 2015, 06:41:47 AM »

What's the matter with the one's you have? Evil

Thoughts?

Well, purpose I suppose. My 950smr and 450sm will stay but the 675 is expendable. I like it but I'm not as in time with it as in was with my first one.

The 450 is sufficient for the track as it makes for a fun day even though it tops out at 100. It's enough.

The 950smr is awesome but has never been a great touring bike with its 80mile tank range. 90hp works on the highway but I have to run it hard to run 80+ all day.

So after 1.21GW got me to go to this ADV ralley last weekend the last nail was set for the 675.

I want more power and tank range. I want to be able to ride some distance and be comfortable doing it.

Leaning heavy toward an 1190 standard. I don't think I'll be off road (like really off road) to warrant the 21" front with knobbies.

The 1290 is cool, but 22k new is a lot. Comes with bags, heated seat and grips, 9 gallon tank.

1190 doesn't have any of those, 5 gallons and is in the 14k range. Would have to add grips, seat and bags. I'm good with that.

Additionally, the 1190 weighs almost the same as my 950 but makes 150hp. Quite a difference.

Both bikes have on the fly adjust for rain, street, sport, off road but in addition to changing engine characteristics it will also adjust the suspension on the 1290.

If I found a deal on a 1290 I'd do it, but the 1190 is lighter and cheaper.

The 1290 is also in its first year so who knows what bugs still need worked out.

Time will tell.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1610 on: September 23, 2015, 06:45:48 AM »

So you will be 100% orange once your swap the triple for the adventure.

At least put a DMF sticker on one of the bikes, for ol' times sake.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1611 on: September 24, 2015, 02:03:07 PM »

I struggled a bit to find somewhere to drop this.

Then I figured that since most of you Orange folks are Dirty too, this would be a good place.

http://www.bajanopinch.com/baja-no-pinch-tire-tool/

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1612 on: September 24, 2015, 02:38:37 PM »

That's pretty cool

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1613 on: September 24, 2015, 03:03:53 PM »

Might have to add one of those to my trail kit.  Looks pretty small and portable. 

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1614 on: September 24, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »

Way easier than spoons too, I think.

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1615 on: September 24, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »

Here's the video I saw:

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/baja-no-pinch-tire-tool

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1616 on: September 28, 2015, 05:07:55 AM »

Had my 450 at New York Safety Track this past Saturday and Sunday.

Rode CW for the first time on Saturday so it was like a completely different track. CCW on Sunday.

Something must have clicked and I rode like the Evil

Many times I just about ran over sport bikes going into corners. Of course they would waste me on the straight but who cares about that part. I was surprised I was able to do that well. Felt good.

Managed to put a knee down on Saturday. Been years since that's happened.

Found out there is an actual rev limiter at 10,000 rpm.

Super fun!

Pics to come.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1617 on: September 28, 2015, 06:03:01 AM »

Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1618 on: September 28, 2015, 07:23:08 AM »

Nice.  You need to take that bike to Smoke Hole Rd.   waytogo

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1619 on: September 28, 2015, 07:48:25 AM »

Better put a winch on your DR then.

I might need hauled back up the cliff laughingdp

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: