Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 02:21:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466659 times)
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #1635 on: October 14, 2015, 07:59:01 AM »

Yet

Haha.  I've found that cajones grow until about 18-20 years old, then steadily shrink as experience teaches us that shit can go wrong and we have families to worry about.  Then they swell up quickly at 60-70 when, like all good retired americans, you don't give a shit anymore (see DP).  I am > 20 and < 60, therefore mine are shrinking.  No power slides for me until 60.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1636 on: October 14, 2015, 08:00:24 AM »

No power slides for me until 60.

We await...

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1637 on: October 14, 2015, 08:28:04 AM »

No power slides for me until 60.

Cry

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1638 on: October 14, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »

How?  Just transfer all the weight forward under heavy braking and start the turn in at the same time?

The trick is (not really a trick) to get hard on the front brake and get the rear wheel rotating slower than the front. If you bang down a few more gears than usual, it'll get the rear to skip. You can practice that in a straight line to get the feel before attempting it through a turn. We could talk about this in 'extreme practice' and I'm sure someone has better input than I.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
manwithgun

« Reply #1639 on: October 14, 2015, 09:04:50 PM »

Damn you.
Bringing up really good memories of how awesome mid-size 2-strokes are.
 laughingdp

Memories?!!  Mid-size?!!   Hell, at 41 years old, I've made a habit of riding a 2T at least once a month. And often at a whopping 65cc's...   If it strokes twice and smokes, a good time is sure to follow.  Everybody should have at least one in their stable!

Grin

I ride both kinds,   Country, and Western.....
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1640 on: October 15, 2015, 03:13:41 AM »

Cheesy

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1641 on: October 15, 2015, 11:47:27 AM »

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1642 on: October 19, 2015, 12:32:57 PM »

You KTM guys are nutty.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1643 on: October 19, 2015, 01:12:54 PM »

Oh make the beast with two backs Yes!!  Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
GK

« Reply #1644 on: October 19, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »

You KTM guys are nutty.

That's quite beyond nutty; that's certifiable! Lol!

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1645 on: October 19, 2015, 03:08:26 PM »

laughingdp

That's great.

I'm watching....  Ok, what's the big dea--oh holy make the beast with two backs balls!!!

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1646 on: October 25, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »

Replaced my leaking slave cylinder with a sweet orange Oberon unit.

For reference, the bleed technique is as follows-

Pump the clutch 6-7 times and hold, crack the bleeder open and repeat. Don't let the fluid level drop so far it sucks in air.

Had a solid clutch in about 60 seconds using the ATF 1.21gw brought me when I needed something to get me hone from wva.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1647 on: October 25, 2015, 03:55:36 PM »

^^ Nice, that Oberon kit is top notch.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1648 on: October 25, 2015, 04:02:26 PM »

^^ Nice, that Oberon kit is top notch.

I hope so, there weren't really any other options.

I guess they have a better seal design than KTM. Time will tell. The OEM one lasted 22,000 miles.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1649 on: October 25, 2015, 04:10:40 PM »

I hope so, there weren't really any other options.

I guess they have a better seal design than KTM. Time will tell. The OEM one lasted 22,000 miles.

It should last as long, but I believe they sell gasket kits for them.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: