Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 11:18:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 471423 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1815 on: June 30, 2016, 08:43:30 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1816 on: July 01, 2016, 04:18:47 AM »

Dirt wheelies waytogo

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1817 on: July 06, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »

god damn it.

I can't stop thinking about a 570 conversion Evil

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1818 on: July 06, 2016, 08:38:47 PM »

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1819 on: July 07, 2016, 02:22:18 AM »

laughingdp

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1820 on: July 13, 2016, 05:51:27 PM »

So I stopped in to Five Star Cycle to talk 570 kits today...

Man was that a bad idea Evil

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1821 on: July 13, 2016, 06:08:00 PM »

Cheesy make the beast with two backs it  Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1822 on: July 13, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »

Looks like it would make near 60hp

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1823 on: July 13, 2016, 07:07:29 PM »

This guys hilarious  Cheesy Evil

Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #1824 on: July 13, 2016, 08:44:49 PM »

This guys hilarious  Cheesy Evil

If it's too loud, you're too old. My Monster makes glorious equivalent noises...
Cheesy

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1825 on: July 15, 2016, 02:57:36 PM »

Well, it seems I can't make it so.

To get to 570 you have to start with a 530. I can make my 450 a 530 by switching to a 530 crank.

I found one used and in good shape. Saved me a ton ifi got it.

Buuuut, the make the beast with two backsing kit from KTM is obsolete and it seems there isn't one existing on the planet. So I had to bail on the crank.

Plan B: Thumper Racing.

I talked to them for a bit today. They didn't recommend the 570 but instead the 520.

570 uses the long stroke setup, slower to rev but good torque.

The 520 users the shorter stroke 450 crank and rod with a bigger piston. They resleeve the cylinder, bore it, nikasil it and hone. Works with stock 450 carb-cdi-cam.

Seems the 570 kit from KTM uses a husaberg 570 rod (and presumably the piston too) a cam from a 500exc and s CDI with a less aggressive timing curve and 500rpm lower limit.

Their recommendation is the 520 kit, swap to the 500 cam, bore the 39mm carb to 41mm with their special accelerator pump mod to split the stream and more finely atomize the fuel.

He said 60hp, rabid throttle response and fast revs should be easy.

$1290 for the whole shooting match.

make the beast with two backs it. I'm doing it.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1826 on: July 15, 2016, 03:09:58 PM »

Not sure what that was all about. I just read the last line.  Evil Evil

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1827 on: July 15, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »

Not sure what that was all about. I just read the last line.  Evil Evil

$1300 = 50% more KTM.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1828 on: July 15, 2016, 04:09:57 PM »

Hell yeah  Cheesy

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1829 on: July 15, 2016, 05:20:06 PM »

60hp in a 265lb bike should be a lot of fun Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: