Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 01:29:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DMF "official" Wine thread  (Read 6425 times)
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »

I heard this the other night.

There are three kinds of wine.

The kinds you like.

The kinds you don't like.

And the kinds your friends buy (and share with you).  Those are the best.  waytogo

Vino!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:22:25 PM by Randimus Maximus » Logged

Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »

Bump for wine ideas. Might have to get the brother in law a couple of bottles of wine for Xmas. Again, he's a red only drinker and does lean to the wines of Chile. Thoughts?

Alamos Riserva Malbec... pick a year, whatever they have.

Not from South America, but along the same lines (he'll probably turn his nose up at first because it's from CA, but it's not Napa Valley): J. Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.  If you really want to rub it in, get him the Merlot because of the reputation CA Merlots have.  If he's not pleasantly surprised, he's just being a snob on purpose.  Cheesy

fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »

Thanks!! waytogo Vino!

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
Stella

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 08:13:31 PM »

A nice weeknight splurge - like tonight (or weekends if we have nothing better and more decadent):  Kaesler's Sonehorse Shiraz from the Barossa Valley.

nom.     

But we've also been drinking a lot of (should I be concerned?) Clif wine - from the makers of the Clif energy bars.
Not only is it decent for a less expensive wine but it comes in a foil pouch (holds a lot more than a bottle), therefore it can go hiking and biking and traveling and....fits in the desk drawer at work.... oops!   (kidding!)    Grin

But what do I know.  I'll drink cheap white zin with club soda with my sister.   

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »

A nice weeknight splurge - like tonight (or weekends if we have nothing better and more decadent):  Kaesler's Sonehorse Shiraz from the Barossa Valley.

nom.     

But we've also been drinking a lot of (should I be concerned?) Clif wine - from the makers of the Clif energy bars.
Not only is it decent for a less expensive wine but it comes in a foil pouch (holds a lot more than a bottle), therefore it can go hiking and biking and traveling and....fits in the desk drawer at work.... oops!   (kidding!)    Grin

But what do I know.  I'll drink cheap white zin with club soda with my sister.   

Nothing wrong with drinking what you like, just so long as your drinking!

We also drink box wine... because it's cheap.  And we live in nowhere, so Clif wine is not available (and I've not heard of it).

I may be mistaking it, but I think the Barossa Valley stuff we don't generally like.  Kind of like South African wines.  I can get into some of them, but my wife can't stand any of them.

Stella

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »

Definitely all about what you like! 

waytogo     Vino!

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: