Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:50:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243460 times)
Twizted

« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2012, 03:05:18 AM »

Looks awesome! Happy with the fit and finish? Should I make more?

I pulled all the cable ties off my frame tonight, looks sooooooo much better!!
Can't wait for the new parts to turn up

Yeh the fender took all of 5 mins to fit. The belly pan took a little more time due to me not taking note of which bracket came out of which hole when I took them all off to paint.
Brett76

« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2012, 05:04:00 AM »

Parts, do tell

Ducati Monster S2r800
kyle

« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2012, 01:33:56 PM »

Black asv shorty levers
14t renthal sprocket
Truck lite led headlight

All now shipped Cheesy
kyle

« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2012, 11:50:30 PM »

Looks awesome! Happy with the fit and finish? Should I make more?

Looks like I missed a couple!

Geez my engine needs a steam clean!
GK

« Reply #229 on: April 13, 2012, 01:14:59 AM »

Rode it!  waytogo

Good fun, morning ride tomorrow will also be great.

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
cicii

« Reply #230 on: April 13, 2012, 03:37:19 AM »

rode it to uni after work, completed my first assesment this simester & rode home after 36hrs of being awake...not so fun
GK

« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2012, 05:13:27 AM »

Rode to Yea with Rob, and froze my rump off!

Rob of course, being the experienced mountain man, had thermals and other garments up to his eyebrows, myself, the kevlar jeans and short-sleeve t-shirt under the jacket with the thermal liner zipped out! What a goose!

After the ride, we pushed the forks down through the triple trees 6.5mm, which has settled the front-end shakes down.

Of course, I'll need another ride to Yea sometime soon, for testing purposes of course!

Apart from the freeze, a great day's riding.

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
ducmeister

« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2012, 10:48:55 PM »

Rode to Yea with Rob, and froze my rump off!

Apart from the freeze, a great day's riding.

GK

Just wait 'til winter arrives!  I don't know how the Canberra guys do it though.  Sub zero is just wrong.

'02 M900ie, DP CF mufflers, DP mirrors, CF side covers, beer tray, belt covers, and sprocket cover, K&N filter, clear indicators, Speedymoto 5 spoke clutch cover, etc, etc, ad nauseum.
cicii

« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2012, 11:27:36 PM »

I went and checked out a set of 2nd hand high mount termis & put down a deposit. I get them next weekend! cant frign wait!!!!!!!
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2012, 11:37:42 PM »

I started ripping the poor thing apart.

Here's the problem:

The paint on my heads is revolting.  I'm going to pop the heads off over winter and respray them.

While I'm in there, I have a bit of a list of things that I want to do.  Firstly, I wasn't completely happy with the way my A123 battery was mounted, so I'm going to rip out the existing battery tray and fab up a new one, which will mount the A123 battery with the terminals facing the airbox.  That gives me space to mount the coils behind the battery.  Something like this:

I'll have to reroute a bunch of wiring to make that work, so I'll take the opportunity to rip the loom out and clean it up a little.

Also, since I cut the tabs off for the vertical coil, the frame looks, well, rough.  So I'm going to pull it off the motor/swingarm and respray it, too.

So that's the plan, anyway.  For now my bike looks like this:

Through the week I'll fab up the new battery/ecu/coil mount, then on the weekend I'll pull the throttle bodies off and start delooming the poor thing.  I'll take lots of photos so I know how things go back together afterwards Smiley

Wish me luck!

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
rendang

« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2012, 01:13:58 AM »

Ok, wishing you the best of luck with it ! I hope we get regular progress reports, I'll have to do all that with mine someday as the engine is looking really crappy. What are you going to respray the engine with so you don't get the same problem recurring ?

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
cicii

« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2012, 02:01:57 AM »

Goodluck SuzyJ! your fabbing skills are brilliant and I cant wait to see what you come up with
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #237 on: April 15, 2012, 02:34:37 AM »

Holy shit Suzy, you take on things that so many of us wouldn't!

FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2012, 11:47:55 PM »

I started ripping the poor thing apart.

Here's the problem:

The paint on my heads is revolting.  I'm going to pop the heads off over winter and respray them.

Wish me luck!

Hey Suzy, are you crazy or got ADHD or something,your giving me sleepless nights  Roll Eyes

Just fix the oil leak and clean the oil stain with oven cleaner,and try some Ajax as well, and get it as best as you can.
The Ducati finish on the heads and cylinders is some sort of baked on stuff ,and quite durable and hard wearing for  the temps of air cooled engine.
If you can't replicate the Ducati finish and go down the rattle can engine paint route i think it would look a lot more second hand sooner than later,
than with the original finish  you have already.
The crank case and engine covers a different matter.
Plus i think you have only about 12,000klm on the engine it cant be that bad Huh?

Imo i would leave the battery tray stock, in case you get caught short you can always just throw in a stock battery, you could use the extra space for tools and a puncture kit.
Have you done the crank case breather mod if you remove the breather box under the seat. and remount the regulator on an aluminium plate you will have room for one of the coils there.

Good luck with the project and i watch with interest with the engine painting. Tongue waytogo
Oh and winter now is the best time to be out on the bike for next few months not too hot not too cold, wait till summer (the wet season) Undecided Undecided

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:56:44 PM by Rob s » Logged

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
J5

I'm here to fix zee fridge

« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2012, 12:45:22 AM »

gotta love ebay $8.50

i dont care if you have been a mechanic for 10 years doing something for a long time does not make you good at it, take my gf for an example shes been walking for 28 years and still manages to fall over all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: