Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:49:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243460 times)
ellingly

« Reply #270 on: April 26, 2012, 04:56:05 AM »

I rode it yesterday. Seemed to go ok.

Might clean it one day Smiley.

Team Ghetto Racing: motorcycle racing and riding on a budget
2006 Ducati MS2R1000 road | 1973 Suzuki GT250 cafe race | 1982 Yamaha RD250LC race | 1991 Suzuki GSXR750 perpetual project | 1984 Suzuki TS250x vintage enduro | 1997 Honda CT110 postie of death | 1982 Kawasaki KH100 bucket racer
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #271 on: April 26, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »

Might clean it one day Smiley.

Yeah that headlight must be useless cheeky

Nice shot.

Believe post content at your own risk.
kyle

« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2012, 12:19:41 PM »

Nice helmet Smiley
kyle

« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »

Timing covers came up a treat! Cheesy
Though the top one still shows 2 faded sections from the trellis casting shadows in the sun.. Meh you can't see it anyways!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:16:54 PM by kyle » Logged
J5

I'm here to fix zee fridge

« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2012, 12:25:59 AM »

rode it to the camping show today

stopped by aldi , they have a 1.8metre bicyle cable lock for $5 which worked perfectly to
lock the helmets to the bike so we didnt have to carry them around and not have to worry
about someone walking off with them

i dont care if you have been a mechanic for 10 years doing something for a long time does not make you good at it, take my gf for an example shes been walking for 28 years and still manages to fall over all the time.
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2012, 10:01:15 PM »

My Groaning grabby clutch fix:

Today I finally decided to do something about my moaning crutch clutch
I uninstalled all the plates cleaned ,de dusted de rusted the steel plates and swapped the front friction plates with the rear
to even up the ware.
These Barnett plates have now done 11,000 km, I was pleasantly surprised with the lack of ware expecting a lot less material.
This is what is left

Inboard plates 2.86
Mid plates     2.76
Outboard plates 3.31 mm ,

interestingly (to probably no one) my outer plates had more material left than the inner
which is exactly the opposite according to Rob of his last two clutch stacks ...... Huh? why I have no idea maybe I'm doing it wrong  laughingdp

Then I massaged lithium grease into all the friction plates  Shocked then cleaned them .
I now have a clutch that is a smooth as butter  Dolph chug with no groaning or grabiness  waytogo
I highly recommend this maintenance and get intimate with your crutch clutch which took all of an hour to do ,
 just make sure you use pure lithium grease which has no friction modifiers added,
which apparently will cause clutch slip. boo

Cost : a big fat zero$$ as I bludged the grease from Rob  laughingdp and my labour is cheap  cheeky

Then I went on the interweb and ordered some TPO stuff : New K & N crankycase breather hoses etc and a mounting plate for my regulator
so I can turn it upside down for better cooling .
monstermick58

« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2012, 02:14:58 AM »

Did you get that info from our talented 'Brad The Bike Boy' 'cos he did something similar/same on his web page, which reminds me, I must do the same, tell me, does it make getting into neutral when you are stopped in traffic any easier??

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2012, 12:24:02 PM »

That's pretty cool Dez.  I'm surprised you could hear moaning over the clackety clack and exhaust though...

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »

Mick I actually found a thread on this on a Ducati forum elsewhere so cant take any credit for
the idea but read seven pages of positive testimonials  so though I would give it a  go.
Yes N is easy to find , but I just cant believe what a huge improvement it makes.
One tends to get used to the way a bike performs/behaves and work around it over time.

Hah funny Suz , whats worse is the moans from the DMF  Grin
On a serious note Suz you should be inducted into some sort of hall of fame for
all your lectricity work posts on the main board  waytogo waytogo waytogo bow down
kyle

« Reply #279 on: May 04, 2012, 02:47:48 AM »

Got home from night shift this morning at 7, woe at 12, rode from myswellbrook to frasers newy, bought just about the last duc performance touring/comfort seat, gave them the old one and told them to bin it.
Rode on through to penrith from there...

Bloody long Arvo on the bike!! But the seat is damn comfortable Smiley
Brett76

« Reply #280 on: May 04, 2012, 03:39:07 AM »

Rode her to work today, nice ride - pitty about the destination...

Ducati Monster S2r800
Raux
« Reply #281 on: May 04, 2012, 04:53:24 AM »

Went for a ride at lunch... through Frankenstein Village  Evil
Scoober1103
Good morning my

« Reply #282 on: May 04, 2012, 06:05:08 PM »

My air filter finally arrived so I installed the said filter along with the DP ecu, changed the oil and filter and put her all back together!

The greatest part of all was when I turned the key.......Monster Racing now scrolls across the dash (funny bout the small things) and after the electronics did there thing I pushed the button (without touching the throttle allowing the TPS to reset) and would you believe the motor didn't complete a full revolution before firing right up! This was after nearly a month of being apart in the garage after removing the fuel tank suspecting a crack or pin hole leak (strong fuel smell when sitting) which there wasn't.

Since I have had the bike (not long I know) it has never started like that even after only a week or two sitting! Throttle response seems to be improved so looking forward to a test ride!

Next on the list is a Duc.EE for obvious reasons but does anyone know what is going on with Moto Creations as far as these are concerned? I noticed another manufacturer (Visible Technologies) are selling them? Are they affiliated or is there some funny business going on?   

Cheers,

Scott

09 M1100 + stuff.
07 GSXR750 stock as a......
15 KTM Freeride 250r for hurting myself!

Don't buy cheap shit, it can cut your balls off.
Raux
« Reply #283 on: May 04, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »

My air filter finally arrived so I installed the said filter along with the DP ecu, changed the oil and filter and put her all back together!

The greatest part of all was when I turned the key.......Monster Racing now scrolls across the dash (funny bout the small things) and after the electronics did there thing I pushed the button (without touching the throttle allowing the TPS to reset) and would you believe the motor didn't complete a full revolution before firing right up! This was after nearly a month of being apart in the garage after removing the fuel tank suspecting a crack or pin hole leak (strong fuel smell when sitting) which there wasn't.

Since I have had the bike (not long I know) it has never started like that even after only a week or two sitting! Throttle response seems to be improved so looking forward to a test ride!

Next on the list is a Duc.EE for obvious reasons but does anyone know what is going on with Moto Creations as far as these are concerned? I noticed another manufacturer (Visible Technologies) are selling them? Are they affiliated or is there some funny business going on?   

Cheers,

Scott
get it straight from Motocreations. Funny business going on I think.
Scoober1103
Good morning my

« Reply #284 on: May 04, 2012, 11:15:42 PM »

get it straight from Motocreations. Funny business going on I think.

Thanks Raux thought that may be the case as one of the product photos has the motocreations logo blacked out and they were talking about people reverse engineering on them!

Cheers,

Scott

09 M1100 + stuff.
07 GSXR750 stock as a......
15 KTM Freeride 250r for hurting myself!

Don't buy cheap shit, it can cut your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: