Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:54:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243463 times)
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #375 on: June 16, 2012, 10:00:26 PM »

Suzy, it looks like some bits have fallen off your frame during the painting process.

Paul, the pipes obviously look good if it has the antagonistic non-conformist considering changing from stock pipes. The upswept pipes is a good look.

Believe post content at your own risk.
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #376 on: June 16, 2012, 11:27:25 PM »

Repositioned  exhaust & added some SS rear sets for ground clearance  (looks really), Termi stickers
for added HP

Ooooh I like it  waytogo looks kinda dirty  Grin

Did you get a new mid pipe or did you do some pipe bending
rendang

« Reply #377 on: June 17, 2012, 12:46:17 AM »

Rode it and overtook a Panigale. Roll Eyes (along with everyone else) It had 50ks on slicklike tyres thru a wet an slippery RNP so yes the owner was taking it real easy.

dedy monster 008 by steveca51, on Flickr

dedy monster 009 by steveca51,

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
PAUL M
S4RS

« Reply #378 on: June 17, 2012, 01:02:58 AM »

Ooooh I like it  waytogo looks kinda dirty  Grin

Did you get a new mid pipe or did you do some pipe bending

Just a bit of bending (pipe muffler side), lowered rear rearset bolt after a run up the old road today, legs don't
bend like they use to
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:58:56 PM by Paul » Logged
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2012, 03:16:36 AM »

Nice looking pipe work Paul.

and Suzy as always....  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
I have to agree with Des now that you have talked about pipes we will all hold you to it.
You can't do all that lovely work to your bike and stick stock pipes back on it, that would be a crime in itself.

Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #380 on: June 19, 2012, 08:14:32 AM »

laughingdp ... sorry Paul but I don't think you are the evil influence on Suzy - it is that her little girl's spada has a better voice than her monster.

So now she has been duly sucked in it is time to turn our attention back to Paul's mirrors Grin

Believe post content at your own risk.
PAUL M
S4RS

« Reply #381 on: June 19, 2012, 02:36:13 PM »

laughingdp ... sorry Paul but I don't think you are the evil influence on Suzy - it is that her little girl's spada has a better voice than her monster.

So now she has been duly sucked in it is time to turn our attention back to Paul's mirrors Grin

Considered bar end mirrors, way to hard to get the right angle to look at myself while riding.

that's what mirrors are for, right?
dan_t

« Reply #382 on: June 19, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »

Bought a c-tek charger and fitted the connectors so I don't have to lift the tank each time I want to connect the battery up.........

'08 S4rs;
Termis, DP C/F Short Tail, DP C/F Rear Hugger, Custom hand-made seat, Matris Steering damper, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rizoma Dynamic mirrors, EVR Ventilated Pressure Plate, EVR Open Clutch Cover, SpeedyMoto Stainless Springs Kit, EVR Clutch Slave Cylinder, EVR Front Sprocket Cover, Evotech Performance Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards, Rizoma CT027R, CT017R & CT015R red fluid reservoirs, Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs, Oberon Racing Pegs, C/F Fairing stays, Oggy Knobs, ZG tinted Screen
monstermick58

« Reply #383 on: June 20, 2012, 03:38:25 AM »

Bought a c-tek charger and fitted the connectors so I don't have to lift the tank each time I want to connect the battery up.........

Yes,

They are very good

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
Sundog

« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »

Fitted my new DP Touring saddle, my nads will be forever grateful  Wink

M1100 2010 in Ducati Titanium Grey
Custom Wizard Sleeve pipes & PC5 with O2 opt
14T Front
DP Anodized Pressure Plate DP Tail Chop
DP LED Indicators               Rizoma Rearset & Mirrors
Oggie Sliders                     Rizoma Bars & Levers
GK

« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2012, 01:32:36 AM »

Went for a nice ride with my bro!

Then changed the stock plugs for some Iridiums (freebies from the bro) and the bike (which was running rich sub 3,000 rpm) leaned out a little (just nicely), with the throttle response much smoother and the idle stronger and more regular.

Not bad for free and 5 minutes work!  waytogo

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
rod796

WWW.DOZMOS.COM

« Reply #386 on: June 29, 2012, 06:22:10 PM »

Got the front sprocket changed to 14T, @D'moto (it's actually now a surprise only if I dont see Teff's bike there, it was)

Wow... cant believe the huge difference such a small change makes to the overall feel of the bike especially in pickup and overtaking.

Ducati Monster 796
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #387 on: June 29, 2012, 09:20:46 PM »

It is a great mod, don't know if I ever want to do it to mine I think it would put me in another stratosphere!!!

GK

« Reply #388 on: June 30, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »

Got the front sprocket changed to 14T, @D'moto (it's actually now a surprise only if I dont see Teff's bike there, it was)

Wow... cant believe the huge difference such a small change makes to the overall feel of the bike especially in pickup and overtaking.

What sort of difference with rpm at 100kmph is there now?

Also, how much did it cost all up for it to be done at the shop?

Doing this myself as soon as the sprocket comes in. My 900 is 15/40 but it's too slow off the line and certainly revs at a lazy 3,750 rpm at 100kmph. I've got revs to lose there and I suspect the new gearing will drop 100kmph right into the meaty spot of the rev range.

Certainly will take off easier and be heaps more punchy.

I had previously been waiting 9 full weeks, so after a few calls to the parts guy after a few weeks in between calls, I rang again (third time) to suggest he contact the importer (it's an AFAM sprocket) to see what the deal was!

He called me back with the bad news! He had ordered it, but they hadn't placed the order. RESULT? The waiting process 3-6 weeks starts all over again. Talk about hacked off.

The stink of it is that they will not bring in one sprocket quickly just for me and for the mistake they made. It's a waiting game for when they bring in their next batch of other stock, hence the "normal" 3-6 weeks waiting time.

The only consolation (which isn't much really) is the parts guy (who was very apologetic even though the stuff up wasn't his) will give me the sprocket at cost. I save about $15 bucks. I'd have paid the extra $15 and then some gladly for my 14t to be on the bike now!

Oh well, nothing left to do but wait! LOL!

Glad you're happy with your setup, makes me more eager to get mine!

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #389 on: June 30, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »

GK
If you are getting close to chain replacement time instead of the 14T up front
chuck a new chain on leave the 15 and go up 3 teeth on the back.
Kinder to the chain and swingarm if you have clearance issues and gives the same ratio.
Rear sprockets are cheap or you could save money down the road and get an alloy  sprocket carrier so next time its just the steel outer ring you have to change.
Quick to replace and gives a small bling factor.

Revs increase so does fuel consumption a little.
I found it made city traffic easier less strain on the clutch as I didn't have to slip it so much.
Down side is that sometimes in some corners out in the twisties  depending on speed the bike feels like you are in too low or too high a gear .
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:46:19 PM by Two dogs » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: