Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:45:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: selling bike questions  (Read 3428 times)
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« on: January 13, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »

so the wife tells me that if i really want the 1199 i have to sell the 848 and the 696 first. bill tells me that the 1199 will be here in late may, so i have 4 months to get rid of them and save up for the down payment. i looked at blue book prices and am horrified to see what they say the bikes are worth. the 696 with 6,500 miles $6,300. the 848 with a whopping 18k miles is $9,400.
in the market here in hawaii do you guys think i can get at least bb value of the bikes and if not what should i ask for them? also both bikes have the extended warranty on them as well as the wheel and tire warranty. should that make any difference in my asking price? and lastly how bad will the dealer screw me if i just have them sell it for me so i dont have to screw with it? i was told its better to sell them now and use the lil bit of money i have left after paying off the loans on both bikes  + save the money that i would have spent on the 2 bike payments to make the down. rather then to trade them in may with no down payment at all.
anyways thanks for all the help and suggestions

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 01:17:08 PM »

I'd wait a year before picking up an 1199.  Let them work the bugs out first.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 01:48:58 AM »

I'd wait a year before picking up an 1199.  Let them work the bugs out first.

Not that I'm negative but considering some of the Craigslist prices you'd be lucky as shit to get 9K for the 848 with those miles.  I'd be lucky to get 10K for mine at 15K miles with all the goodies on it.  I told Bill I had 15K on mine and he gave me that "you're make the beast with two backsed" look. It was a look I wasn't surprised to see.  Roll Eyes  High miles aren't the end of riding one, just selling one for anything decent.

We'd all love a new 1199 but in the end one should consider how & where one rides too.  It's almost as if you want a new one then you have to sacrifice big time unless you have the outright bucks to get one.  That said, our 848's are still excellent bikes!

So is a certain 98 M900 I know about that has to be pushing, or has exceeded, 30,000 miles and is still going strong. But...... sell that bike...... I dunno.........

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:50:14 PM »

Not that I'm negative but considering some of the Craigslist prices you'd be lucky as shit to get 9K for the 848 with those miles.  I'd be lucky to get 10K for mine at 15K miles with all the goodies on it.  I told Bill I had 15K on mine and he gave me that "you're make the beast with two backsed" look. It was a look I wasn't surprised to see.  Roll Eyes  High miles aren't the end of riding one, just selling one for anything decent.

We'd all love a new 1199 but in the end one should consider how & where one rides too.  It's almost as if you want a new one then you have to sacrifice big time unless you have the outright bucks to get one.  That said, our 848's are still excellent bikes!

So is a certain 98 M900 I know about that has to be pushing, or has exceeded, 30,000 miles and is still going strong. But...... sell that bike...... I dunno.........

Mac the M900 just passed the 32K mark!!

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:02:16 PM »

Mac the M900 just passed the 32K mark!!

Freeking amazing!! But then again, not...............  waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: