Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 14, 2024, 09:19:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 108   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oz Monster Introductions  (Read 289565 times)
giannig

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2008, 06:36:03 AM »

Hi all,

Name: Gianni
Do: IT Sales
Ride: Monster S4

Cheers  be::
Dockstrada

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »

Hi all,

Name: Gianni
Do: IT Sales
Ride: Monster S4

Cheers  be::

Few Gianni didnt think you made it through the portal good to se your here  be::

If I wasn't who i was, I wouldn't be who I am !
The Don

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2008, 01:16:39 PM »

Gday All
My name is Don
Ride a 04 1000 Monster, new to me and I love it
Live in NSW
Occupation. Builder

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something. - Plato
ellingly

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2008, 03:42:44 PM »

For the record, as I've now jumped ship:
Name: Richard
Do: Geologist
Ride: S2R1000

Team Ghetto Racing: motorcycle racing and riding on a budget
2006 Ducati MS2R1000 road | 1973 Suzuki GT250 cafe race | 1982 Yamaha RD250LC race | 1991 Suzuki GSXR750 perpetual project | 1984 Suzuki TS250x vintage enduro | 1997 Honda CT110 postie of death | 1982 Kawasaki KH100 bucket racer
monstermick58

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2008, 10:33:26 PM »

Mick, you might not know, nor that you need to, not do you really need to hear it. But...
thank you!!
My brother & his fiance owe their property to folks like you. - Chris

Thanks! and  be::

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
ducsport
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2008, 03:40:05 AM »

Gidday all.

Name: Ty
Bike: 2003 620 Sport (heart of a Monster?). Pretty bling free, but suits me fine. Grin Looking for a cheap monster to start as a project, but more about that later.
Do: Electrical engineer, herd kids (my own), ride nowhere near enough.

I'm another DML refugee, it seems. Have to post a big thanks to Mattyvas and Ita for continuing the sweep for stragglers. wt: wt: wt: I had a couple of really busy days/nights at work, and the whole dml world went belly up while I wasn't watching Embarrassed. Hope the 31 May ride is still on  Grin- this is my first post, so I will check for other threads.

ducsport.
Nosme

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2008, 04:32:12 AM »

Hi
 Steve from Brisbane.  2005 S2R800 tangerine and black. Staintunes, 14t sprocket, bar risers, low mirrors, some minor personal touches.

I have a Coffee Club, which keeps the Wife and myself busy. We have a couple of classic cars, and a boat as other distractions. I have done lots of car racing , but not bikes.

Good to be here,

regards,  Steve
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2008, 04:33:05 AM »

Hey Ty,

Cool glad you got here and got the messages sent.
Catch you on the 31st.

Matty...

ptooey

hm-s ftw

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »

Hey all,

JC's the name. Programming's my game.

Have been a member of a couple of Duke boards, including ducatimonster.org and multistrada.net.

Based in Melbourne, and unfortunately am in between bikes right now (RIP Black M620, RIP Black MTS1000DS)-- both very deeply missed.
Had a bit of bad luck with these bikes, but I gots engine oil flowing in the blood, so I don't think I'll stop riding just yet.
And it can't be anything else but a Ducati.
So, it's either a HMS, S2R1000 or 2nd hand S4R (Is it me or are S4R's going really cheap right now??).
Very strongly leaning towards the HMS.

My rego is DMON. If you see me on the road on my new ride, give us a toot.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 10:59:19 AM by ptooey » Logged

p2e.
:p~

Dockstrada

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2008, 01:56:19 PM »

Hey ptooey

I also had a multistrada replaced a 999 with it ,I also was considering a HMS, but gladly ended up on a S4RS. wt:

IMO the HMS will give you thrills like a sexy 1 night stand but leave you looking for the stability the Multi offers Kiss

But from what I have experienced and heard the tank is too small you sit to far forward, on long trips wind is a major factor and it’s twitchy on sweepers   Huh?

You are probably thinking the same as I was at the time??? It looks a bit like a multi its got the 1100 donk its lighter should go better than the multi  wt:

The Muti is going to be a hard bike to replace with just 1 bike unless you buy another multi it is a special machine and unless you have owned one you will never know why Huh?

I think the S2R is a special machine also has the same motor as the 06 multi and handles great almost as good  as multi Huh?

Thats right if I was to challenge my self on my S4rs with a multi I would run rings around the my self on the multi Huh?

The s4r is an awesome machine and if your looking for a precision machine that will need to be ridden as one go for it  wt:

It can be a hand full some times, especially in traffic, power is not everything its how you use it that counts and with the price of fuel the s4r is a gas guzzler  Embarrassed

I give my vote to the S2R great motor, handles like a train, great fuel economy good touring ability wt:

I miss my mulit  Cry Cry Cry Cry

« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:14:08 PM by Dockstrada » Logged

Super T.I.B
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »

Sorry for the jack, but to write it off, didn't you just drop it in the garage?
Dockstrada

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »

Sorry for the jack, but to write it off, didn't you just drop it in the garage?

Yes I did and you would think i could dust it off and ust ride it again Huh?

Turns out it had 18k damage and shannons payed me out  Cry

madalf71

relaxing at home

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2008, 05:43:59 PM »

Madalf has made the journey, thanks for the invite Goldfish.

Name Alf, or Alfie.
Job  Maintenance fitter. Acting manager....where's my Logie vote!
Bike S2R800 Staintunes, midpipe, U59, airbox.
Location, the road revinue state....aka Victoria. Nth Suburbs Melb.
ptooey

hm-s ftw

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2008, 05:19:44 AM »

IMO the HMS will give you thrills like a sexy 1 night stand but leave you looking for the stability the Multi offers Kiss

But from what I have experienced and heard the tank is too small you sit to far forward, on long trips wind is a major factor and it’s twitchy on sweepers   Huh?

You are probably thinking the same as I was at the time??? It looks a bit like a multi its got the 1100 donk its lighter should go better than the multi  wt:

The Muti is going to be a hard bike to replace with just 1 bike unless you buy another multi it is a special machine and unless you have owned one you will never know why Huh?

I think the S2R is a special machine also has the same motor as the 06 multi and handles great almost as good  as multi Huh?

Thats right if I was to challenge my self on my S4rs with a multi I would run rings around the my self on the multi Huh?

The s4r is an awesome machine and if your looking for a precision machine that will need to be ridden as one go for it  wt:

It can be a hand full some times, especially in traffic, power is not everything its how you use it that counts and with the price of fuel the s4r is a gas guzzler  Embarrassed

I give my vote to the S2R great motor, handles like a train, great fuel economy good touring ability wt:

Thanks for the advice Dock, doesn't sound like you remember-- the passing of my MTS has meant that your custom header and the topbox you sold me has gone to the heap as well. Boy was the header a beautiful piece of kit. Topbox rackmount was quite sexy as far as standard equipment goes too.

I agree with you that the MTS was really stable. It gave me so much confidence riding it around. Also agree that the MTS is a severely underrated bike. Looks were initially a deal-breaker, but I now love the looks.

I do miss the MTS, and I wouldn't mind considering another one as a replacement, but I didn't really find it... practical enough for me. As in, city riding-wise it was top heavy and also clutch heavy. However, touring-wise it could not be beat, even fully loaded.

So, ideally I'd still love to have the MTS in the garage as a 2nd/3rd bike, used more for touring. But right now my focus is having a good bike for city riding and weekend fanging in the hills. Hence the HM.

But yeah like you say, problems that concern me about the HM is (in order):
1) I'm too used to large, secure MTS storage [can't find *anything* in the way of Hard storage for the HM so far. HELP anyone?]/Practicality
2) Tank capacity/Fuel range/Touring ability
3) Lane splitting with the mirrors [Don't really like the other DP alternative, so that's not the answer either]
4) Riding on something that makes you feel like you're riding on a penny farthing
5) Wind protection/Touring ability
6) Handlebar vibration/Mirrors coming loose due to vibration
7) Theft target

So yeah the Monsters would all in all suit the purpose much better. But I'm absolutely IN LOVE with the HM with 2:1 termi kit, so I'm willing to compromise on those above issues to get one.

s2r1000 is my #2 choice for my familiarity with the engine and that it's air-cooled. I don't know what additional maintenance is involved with the S4R's extra cooling.

Also would love to hear details about the s2r/s4r replacement *WITH BETTER LOOKS* than the 696. ugh. Single swingarms FTW. I did see the thread on the s2r1098-- interesting. Definitely a candidate for bike #2 in my garage.

p2e.

ptooey

hm-s ftw

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2008, 08:39:24 AM »

(Is it me or are S4R's going really cheap right now??).

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330233704932&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014
Wow. bargain. See what I mean?

2006 Red S4R $14,223. North Epping NSW.

p2e.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 108   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: