Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 03:17:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 108   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oz Monster Introductions  (Read 292800 times)
rod796

WWW.DOZMOS.COM

« Reply #885 on: June 05, 2010, 12:50:59 AM »

Gday,

After 15 years of thinking I should get a bike and rider license... I have finally done it.
For my first bike, I was tossing up between a brand new CBR400 and 2005 Monster 620 for the same price. Instead of listening to my head, I went with the Ducati. It needs a service and new tires soon, but heck... it sounds and looks heaps better than the Honda ever could!

I'm in Drummoyne NSW, am just riding around the bay and over the bridges for now.
-Rod

Ducati Monster 796
Jukie
I need a

Paradise

« Reply #886 on: June 05, 2010, 01:04:13 AM »

good on ya Rod, when your ready come for a ride with us  Kiss Kiss

Before Honda CB125N
          Suzuki GS125
Now.   Ducati 620ie
          Lambretta Li150
          Ducati S4RT
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #887 on: June 05, 2010, 02:02:43 PM »

Welcome Rod,

You've found a great place here.
Use the search feature to find info you're after along with the Tech board and Acces & Mods
If you don't find what you're after then ask away we are all here to help.

Straight off the bat though don't run Premium in your bike.
They like 91 only, you might be able to run 95 but 91 is your friend.

cheers
Matty...

markmon

« Reply #888 on: June 06, 2010, 01:57:54 AM »

Name: Mark (Markmon)

Bike: 2006 Monster 620 ie

Hi fellow Oz's,

I recently bought a Monster620 in the same colour as Megan Gale’s lips with the help of member Dannog. If you ever want tough negotiator, let me tell you Dan is the man!

Until I purchased my new girlfriend, I though nothing would beat the sound of the F14 Tomcat from Top Gun…that is until I listened to that sweet Duc  thunder through the termi’s. Bloody unbelievable!

Yes People, I am new and just as excited as you all were when you got your first Duc. What’s more, the crowd are pretty friendly in this world. Thanks to sister monster in yellow.. Juliet??, for helping at the big NFI sale this weekend. If you didn’t go you missed out big time. Full leathers $750, leather jacket $250, gloves $30 etc. NAB Bank and I have just become best mates 

Anyhow, good to meet you all in here and hope to get plenty of advice and meet you on a ride.

Cheers
Mark.

Jukie
I need a

Paradise

« Reply #889 on: June 06, 2010, 02:15:35 AM »

Glad to help out mark anytime, how could I resist when you were only in your undies, I'm alway here to help Shocked waytogo

Before Honda CB125N
          Suzuki GS125
Now.   Ducati 620ie
          Lambretta Li150
          Ducati S4RT
Dannog

S4RS

« Reply #890 on: June 06, 2010, 01:16:37 PM »

Welcome Mark........finally logged in!
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #891 on: June 06, 2010, 01:24:21 PM »

If you ever want tough negotiator, let me tell you Dan is the man!

Hmmm ... might have to call on his services some time.

Welcome aboard Mark ... doesn't sound like you got into too much trouble with the missus about your new purchases. But remember it is all in the interests of safety!

Believe post content at your own risk.
rod796

WWW.DOZMOS.COM

« Reply #892 on: June 06, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »

mattyvas,
Thanks for the tip about the fuel, the bird I bought it from said to only use Premium so I've been using Shells Vpower. I'll give it a couple tanks of 91 now.

It's due the 20k service soon, so am gonna have a dig around the forums for recommendations on where to get it done.
Thanks, Rod

Ducati Monster 796
Dannog

S4RS

« Reply #893 on: June 06, 2010, 02:03:01 PM »

rod620, you'll be amazed at the difference, the fuel econ will drop a bit but you'll loose the awful ping sound as well as the misfire.

watch out for the ethanol blends. 91 is hard to find in a lot of petrol stations
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #894 on: June 06, 2010, 04:55:54 PM »

watch out for the ethanol blends. 91 is hard to find in a lot of petrol stations

Yep becoming quite hard to find sometimes ... but to elaborate further ... "watch out for" means avoid. Personally I'd be going back up the octane rating rather than opt for the ethanol unless absolutely necessary (based on what I've heard).

Believe post content at your own risk.
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #895 on: June 06, 2010, 09:05:18 PM »

Welcome Mark,

Saw you at the madness on the weekend but didn't really get to meet.
Did see Jukie's  Shocked go pop where she was standing.

Very much agree Betty, I usually go for 95 everywhere I can. 91 is being relaced more and more by E91 blend.

markmon

« Reply #896 on: June 07, 2010, 12:55:40 AM »

Hey Jukie, thanks for your help with my leathers so they didn't cut into my six pack abs and thanks again for looking after all me gear -I could have bought another bike instead waytogo  

Betty, came out with minimal bruising.... missus said to lose weight and not to get any fatter because they still cost a shitload  Police. I pulled the safety card big time!

Went for a ride today and ran into another monster 620 dude from Byron who moved in locally..... Luke will register soon. We checked out NFI again and saw them packing up. No cash register so we couldn't buy anything Grin. They still had ducati (hi tex) jackets, gloves and tshirts. Online site will be up and running by friday I was told with most of the stock at similar prices.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:18:45 PM by markmon » Logged

vossy
South OZ

2007 S2R1000

« Reply #897 on: June 07, 2010, 05:43:59 PM »

G'day  Rod and Mark.  Welcome to OzMo's

"Life's short" "Ride More"
Flipper

2001 S4 Black

« Reply #898 on: June 09, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »

It's due the 20k service soon, so am gonna have a dig around the forums for recommendations on where to get it done.
Thanks, Rod

Take a look at Desmo Clinic up at Ryde  - Mike just sorted my S4 out and its running like a dream...

Welcome by the way.
GraGra

« Reply #899 on: June 10, 2010, 09:33:51 PM »

Hi all,

I better introduce myself here, I've been a member of the DMF for a while (and TOB before that) and introduced myself there, but I'm an Aussie by trade, so I better introduce myself here too!

I'm living and working in Bangkok, Thailand - have been here since 95- I own a 2006 S2R1000 which I bought here new and have been on the mods trail with her for quite some time - but it's almost mission complete now.

I've been having a few dramas lately related to ECU and other things, and will post something else on another thread to see if someone in Oz can help with my plight.

I always wish I had my bike whenever I visit back home, but there are some truly great roads to be had in the far North of Thailand - if anyone's every getting over this way, let me know, and I'll hook you up with them. And other stuff:)

Cheers... chug
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 108   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: