Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:00:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding New Hampshire  (Read 5645 times)
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« on: February 16, 2012, 12:35:54 PM »

Hello New England!

Me and another Monster buddy are doing the 2-day track school at Penguin Racing on June 13 and 14.  Looks like there's some good riding around the state and we're thinking of staying another couple of days to ride in the mountains.  Anyone here have any suggestions of where we must ride and any accommodations that are fit for ducatisti? 

Thanks, Donzo

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
caboteria

02 M750, 70 R50/5, 06 SV650

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »

Dave Michaud has some GPS tracks from rides that he leads: http://www.batmanmoto.com/Maps.htm

You'll find some nice roads in those...
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:08:59 AM »

Sweet.  Thanks.

Anyone up for a ride in mid june?

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
freeclimbmtb
From Zero Member to

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:46:58 AM »

Assuming I am back from San Diego in May like planned, I'm in.  (for the school/trackday and the ride)

2011 Monster 796 ABS

CW/evotech tail tidy, lightwereks integrated tail light, CRG Arrow bar end mirrors, Duc.ee solenoid eliminator & 696 midpipe, sans charcoal canister, pileon grab bars, Arrow Dark slipons (sans dB killers), Rizoma Zero11's, Rizoma Lux grips, Rizoma rearsets, Rizoma gas cap, 1098R Ohlins forks, IMA Triples, Galfer wave rotors, Brembo radial masters, Rizoma reservoirs, Ohlins DU737, Rizoma bars, 15t AFAM front and 41t supersprox rear sprocket with EK MVXC chain.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 01:40:57 PM »

Sweet.  Thanks.

Anyone up for a ride in mid june?

I might be able to sneak out for a day.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »

Track school is booked so here we come!  What Towns in NH should I look for accommodations after the track days that puts me in a good spot for some nice roads? 

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 02:48:04 AM »

My opinion is all the good roads are up north.

Too many cars and too much enforcement down south.

If you ride in the WMNF be careful of the rangers. They have traffic enforcement power too.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

bevel
She called it a

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »

The last two weeks I've found myself on the south-western side of the state during my solo rides. On both of my outings, I only saw 1 or 2  Police while out in the boonies, and half the time they were in towns. The general rule that I follow is "slow down in towns/villages", and it keeps my rides free from LEO conversations.

Stay to the northern or western parts of the state, and you'll be golden. You could always duck over into VT for some pretty sweet roads.

IMHO, there's nothing worth riding (hard) east of 93 and south of 101.

2003 SV650
Eventually I'll have a Ducati
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »

The last two weeks I've found myself on the south-western side of the state during my solo rides. On both of my outings, I only saw 1 or 2  Police while out in the boonies, and half the time they were in towns. The general rule that I follow is "slow down in towns/villages", and it keeps my rides free from LEO conversations.

Stay to the northern or western parts of the state, and you'll be golden. You could always duck over into VT for some pretty sweet roads.

I'd bring it up to South of 107

There are some great rides in the north country, and I agree completely about the in town thing.

It's pretty much...do 30 in a 30 and the rest is discretionary.  Wink

perspective

donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 08:47:20 AM »

Thanks guys, just booked our hotel for the track at Loudon, and trying to book something up 93 near Plymouth and the booking agents are telling me that there's a bike week in Lanconia (sp?) and that it's going to be pretty busy up in the WMNF.  Should we stay away from there?  Just looking for a home base, where should I be looking that's not so far for any one of you guys to come out for a ride?

freeclimbmtb
From Zero Member to

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 08:52:21 AM »

I grew up in that corner of the state and IMO the cops there are among the worst in the state if your on a sport bike.  Anywhere south of Keene is risky in my experience...but like you said, its mostly 'in town'.

2011 Monster 796 ABS

CW/evotech tail tidy, lightwereks integrated tail light, CRG Arrow bar end mirrors, Duc.ee solenoid eliminator & 696 midpipe, sans charcoal canister, pileon grab bars, Arrow Dark slipons (sans dB killers), Rizoma Zero11's, Rizoma Lux grips, Rizoma rearsets, Rizoma gas cap, 1098R Ohlins forks, IMA Triples, Galfer wave rotors, Brembo radial masters, Rizoma reservoirs, Ohlins DU737, Rizoma bars, 15t AFAM front and 41t supersprox rear sprocket with EK MVXC chain.
bevel
She called it a

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 10:24:44 AM »

Thanks guys, just booked our hotel for the track at Loudon, and trying to book something up 93 near Plymouth and the booking agents are telling me that there's a bike week in Lanconia (sp?) and that it's going to be pretty busy up in the WMNF.  Should we stay away from there?  Just looking for a home base, where should I be looking that's not so far for any one of you guys to come out for a ride?

Yeah, you're going to be out here during the middle of Bike Week Undecided

Bike Week centers around Laconia, NH, and here's a quick glimpse at the distance between the track in Loudon and Laconia: http://goo.gl/maps/4l1l - it's only about 20 minutes away, and a straight shot along a state route.

It's going to be tough finding places to stay near Laconia, because the whole place is going to be swarming with cruisers, tourists, and people watchers.

If it were me, I'd probably be looking at places that are more than 30 minutes from Laconia. Plymouth, Franklin, and Tilton are all right off 93, and still easy to get to from Loudon. You could go further northwest to Conway, which will be a haul from Loudon. Or further south to Concord.

When Bike Week is in town, I stay as far away from central NH as possible. These are the times I start exploring routes to get from northern MA out to VT without crossing into NH...

2003 SV650
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 10:37:15 AM »

Looking at a little cottage inn in Bethlehem.  Still straight up 93 past Woodstock on the northern edge of WMNF.  Too far?  Googlemaps estimates 1.5hr drive.  Does this put us in good riding territory?  Thanks again guys.   Dolph

bevel
She called it a

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 11:03:40 AM »

I'd leave that to Nate to comment on the riding up there - I stay mostly to the southwestern part of the state.

I did take 25A/25 from Oxnard to Center Harbor once in the cage, and remember thinking that would have been a hoot on two wheels (once you get past the road conditions).

Sorry I can't be more help Sad

2003 SV650
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 03:33:18 AM »

Bethlehem is pretty far from the track.

The sad truth is that during and just after bike week many of the best roads are clogged up with cruiser roadblocks.

Stay off the Kanc...Rt 112

I don't like to post routes on the net because it seems when you do, those rides suddenly get crowded.

pm me.

BTW. bobs papa will be in town that weekend. A few people are stopping by to party a bit.

Give it some thought.

perspective

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: