Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 11:34:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 514802 times)
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #465 on: September 17, 2008, 07:20:52 PM »

i cant believe the dude hit someone and drove away from it. Dam now thats some skills.

Word!   Evil

bacon

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #466 on: September 18, 2008, 07:22:02 AM »

$1000 reward now... let's turn Mo in   Grin

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #467 on: September 18, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »

I'll need to knock the dust of the 749 first.  It should at least look like its been rode.  Smiley

oh, and lick my taint you beethces

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
ryandalling

« Reply #468 on: September 18, 2008, 11:28:02 AM »

oh, and lick my taint you beethces

Not into sloppy seconds.  vomit

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
desmosome

« Reply #469 on: September 18, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »

Wait Jacobs pregnant, Ryan is a firefighter, and Mo is a phantom rider....

Whoaaaaaa... if you don't check the boards for a few days and you really get confused.
ryandalling

« Reply #470 on: September 18, 2008, 12:53:46 PM »

Wait Jacobs pregnant, Ryan is a firefighter, and Mo is a phantom rider....

Whoaaaaaa... if you don't check the boards for a few days and you really get confused.

Where you been man? We misses you. You going to be on the track this weekend?

desmosome

« Reply #471 on: September 18, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »

I have been at home or work mostly.  Undecided

I am saving money as of now..... I see a new bike in the future.

I'll be racing Sunday.  Grin
ryandalling

« Reply #472 on: September 18, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »

I'll be racing Sunday.  Grin

No Saturday practice?  Need a sponsor?

jdubbs32584
« Reply #473 on: September 18, 2008, 01:23:33 PM »

is it october yet?
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #474 on: September 18, 2008, 02:13:07 PM »

Okay, dredging up an old topic, because I didn't want this subject sitting unresolved.

I'd have gotten to these earlier, but:
--On Monday I was logged in for all of 5 minutes when I clicked a DMF thread title and got the "Server Busy" error.  It gave me that for the rest of the day.
--On Tuesday I wrote a 955-word essay in reply, only to rethink posting it.
--On Wednesday work was too nuts for me to rewrite said essay.

So here we are, on Thursday, and I'm finally getting around to last weekend's topic... so below you'll find the shorter version.

I am not certain... but I think Dan just told me that I suck ass....  Grin    I am sure glad we have him around. I remember when he would never say something like that.  waytogo  I think our boy is all grown up!

applause

Sarcasm duly noted. Wink

Are you suggesting I have not grown up?

Define grown up.

What makes someone more grown up then another?

Are you all grown up?

I'm not going to sit here and pass judgment on individuals (regardless of the fact the name "Dan" is Hebrew for "He judged").  If you watched Foamy's rant and feel like you were targeted, then perhaps it's time for some introspection.  Each individual will have to determine that for themselves.

Not going to define "grown up" other than to say that there are certain behaviours which are not attributed to maturity... crass sexual jokes among them.

No, I certainly don't profess to be "all grown up."  When it comes to crass jokes, specifically, I'm less "grown up" than my church friends, but also consider my behaviour to be more mature than that of many members here.  Based on this experience, in the grand scheme of things I'd guess that I'm somewhere in the middle (again, on this specific subject matter).  Not on the low end, but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Oh boy, another uptight remark  Cry I'm crying again. Loosen up Dan-o, sin a little it helps. Get it wet and get some release.   Evil   Kiss peace

I respectfully disagree.  Sin doesn't help.  Sin, like its partners procrastination and masturbation, kinda goes like thusly:
It may feel good while it lasts, but in the end, you're only screwing yourself.

----------------------
WARNING: Sermon Ahead
----------------------

Hellfire is a whale of a price to pay for the temporary "pleasure" of giving in to sin.  Besides, the guilty conscience after-the-fact far outweighs any temporary pleasure.  Why the guilty conscience?  Think of it this way: I know there's this dude, who ~2000 years ago allowed himself to be brutally killed to pay the penalty for the sins of people who openly despised Him.  I have a LOT of respect for that.  I'll be trying to honor Him and what He did, as opposed to ungraciously throwing His gift back in His face.  That "dude" is Jesus.

As an aside... I did leave for a while earlier this year.  People noticed, and sent messages, so I made time to come back.  Not sure why I was missed... if anything, I thought my open & blunt morality would have worn out its welcome a long time ago.

To be clear, I don't want anyone here to think that I hate them.  That is very far from the truth.  I appreciate all of you, and love you as brothers and fellow human beings.  Here's the deal: I firmly believe there is a heaven and a hell, and it is very disheartening to see people I care about rush toward a horrible eternal suffering for the sake of a little temporary "fun".  If/when I take a leave of absence, it's not because I don't like any of you... quite the opposite: it's because I cannot bear to watch the self-destructive habits & lifestyle choices of those I care about.

Kinda feels like this: bang head

And now to live up to my handle:

28 And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the most important of all?" 29Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' 31 The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."[/b]
Mark 12:28-31 (ESV, source: www.biblegateway.com)

Obviously, I often fail at this... but it's still the ideal I strive toward.  Love the sinner and hate the sin.

God bless, friends.  Smiley

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
ryandalling

« Reply #475 on: September 18, 2008, 02:44:18 PM »

Dan!! Welcome back. I hope you don't take our badgering to heart. I think you are a great guy and I respect your religious beliefs. I have my own, that I tend to keep to myself for my own reasons, but I wish I had your conviction.  We tend to flop those crass zingers back and forth at each other... mainly cause its the web... and it allows us to be crass without societal repercussions. Occassionally, it is even humorous. That foamy rant was one of the funniest things I had watched in awhile. I tend to agree with it. I am getting tired of the constant usage of, "That's what she said."  However, I still make just as many snarky comments as most of the crude and crass people on here. If I have offended... I am sorry. It was not the intent. I will try and share the crassness with those who like to keep score with zingers. It's not for everyone.

Other than that... I hope to see you at the track this weekend. Don't forget to print out one of them coupons from Mo's post.

jdubbs32584
« Reply #476 on: September 18, 2008, 02:51:41 PM »

All of you, can we please leave religion (whether its in defense of what you believe or pushing the button of someone that does believe) out of this board? Please? We obviously have widely different views and I'd like it for this to be a place where everyone can be respected and not be preached to or judged (yeah, you're judging us).

Can we also not poke a hornets nest with a stick? Please?
ryandalling

« Reply #477 on: September 18, 2008, 03:00:33 PM »

JBub - I only got one thing to say back to that.... uh.... boobies!!!!

(  o  Y  o   )

jdubbs32584
« Reply #478 on: September 18, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »

JBub - I only got one thing to say back to that.... uh.... boobies!!!!

(  o  Y  o   )

the one on the right is a little bigger than the other one. might wanna fix that  Wink

dude, i just dont wanna read about it on here. neither the pokin with a stick or the preaching. both sides should be respectful. if we wanna poke at each other for being immature and such, i got no problem with that. but it would be nice if religion could just stay on the politics board or on pm's.

i hate that i'm not gonna get back there til november. i'm gonna try to take a couple weeks to come out there tho and spend more time with y'all. Prolly close to Thanksgiving. Whats the weather like around then? Am i gonna be a BubblePopsicle?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:06:18 PM by JBubble » Logged
SaltLick
« Reply #479 on: September 18, 2008, 03:06:45 PM »

My step dad is a preacher, my mom highly religious. I have 666 on my bike.....to each his own. People can believe whatever they like, i dont care as long as they dont judge me for what i stand for. Thats how it should be, whos to say whos right or wrong. Not me. coffee
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: