Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 12:53:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 508719 times)
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #1080 on: February 19, 2009, 09:57:07 AM »

I don't know... will have to check with Mo...

MO - How would you classify my emails lately: Irritable prick or Whiny Lil Bizatch???

No, no, no... I mustn't have been clear...

You are a self-described whiny lil bizatch.

I am an irritable prick.

Wink

On a positive note: tomorrow is supposed to get darn-near 60 degrees!  It's also one of my Fridays off.  The SS will be seeing daylight.   [moto]

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
scott_araujo

« Reply #1081 on: February 20, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »

Rode to work today, cold but nice.  Screw winterizing, I'm riding all year.

(Did I just wake up the rain gods?)

Scott
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1082 on: February 20, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »

Rode to work today, cold but nice.  Screw winterizing, I'm riding all year.

(Did I just wake up the rain gods?)

Scott

Awesome day to ride!! I had a blast.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Mother
« Reply #1083 on: February 23, 2009, 10:18:02 PM »

see what happens? one of you sumpregnant doges got all antsy in your pantsies and woke up a rain god...good job...now put the damn bikes away and wait 2 more months or you are really going to piss them off and we will have snow in the city...no one wants that
scott_araujo

« Reply #1084 on: February 24, 2009, 04:50:58 AM »

see what happens? one of you sumpregnant doges got all antsy in your pantsies and woke up a rain god...good job...now put the damn bikes away and wait 2 more months or you are really going to piss them off and we will have snow in the city...no one wants that

Friday weather looks good.  Maybe we can get a ride in then  Evil
Mother
« Reply #1085 on: February 24, 2009, 06:30:17 AM »

ryandalling

« Reply #1086 on: February 24, 2009, 07:30:18 AM »

Maybe I should just put on all my rain gear and ride Julie's too-fitty neenja around... that's just like riding a motorcycle... right?

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #1087 on: February 24, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »

Saw a guy get off of a brand new Ninja 600 (bright green of course)...  but that's not the important part of the story -> He had an A* full leather outfit on, knee pucks and all, full faced helmet, all of it matching Red/White/Black, a Red/Black Ogio aerodynamic backpack, matching A* gloves... and matching Famous (brand) skater shoes... seriously? was my initial reaction... maybe he couldn't afford boots after all the gear but wow was he a poser!  I guess Kudos for getting it 85% right but the shoes... jesus, it would suck to lose a foot...

Ok, off my soapbox... I just wish I had the frame of mind to take a pic...

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
SaltLick
« Reply #1088 on: February 24, 2009, 02:40:13 PM »

what is the ninja attraction for squidlys?  I saw someone the other day on a ninja with an expensive helmet, leather jacket, gloves then shorts and nike shoes with no socks. God i hate that.  The sound of the bike was irritating too, not sure what was done to the exaust to make it that way, kind of a high pitched whine like a fly........
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 03:24:32 PM by SaltLick » Logged
bnbmike

« Reply #1089 on: February 24, 2009, 02:44:27 PM »

not sure what was done to the exaust to make it that way

Rice?  Evil

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
scott_araujo

« Reply #1090 on: February 24, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

Saw a guy get off of a brand new Ninja 600 (bright green of course)...  but that's not the important part of the story -> He had an A* full leather outfit on, knee pucks and all, full faced helmet, all of it matching Red/White/Black, a Red/Black Ogio aerodynamic backpack, matching A* gloves...
Ok, off my soapbox... I just wish I had the frame of mind to take a pic...

Personally, I keep my distance from anyone who has a full matching, brand new setup of gear and bike.  Cruiser or sport bike.  Especially if it's all the same brand.  Shiny bikes and all white HJC helmets are kind of the same thing on a budget.  Usually a newbie who just bought the lifestyle all in one shot, usually skipping the rider education segment.  Nothing quite so dangerous as a newbie on a sport bike who feels bullet proof in his new leathers.  Riders with a few miles may have a new bike, one or two pieces of new gear, but rarely the whole enchilada.  Dirt, grease, and bugs on my riding buddies and their bikes make me feel better.

and matching Famous (brand) skater shoes... seriously? was my initial reaction... maybe he couldn't afford boots after all the gear but wow was he a poser!  I guess Kudos for getting it 85% right but the shoes... jesus, it would suck to lose a foot...

Yeah....  that.  Saw a nice video of a guy practicing wheelies on youtube in sneakers.  He fell off.  His foot was hanging by the skin on the side of his ankle while his buddies called an ambulance and tried to keep him calm.  Youtube is the most humbling tool I've ever seen for motorcyclists.  Type in 'motorcycle accident' and surf for a while now and then.  It will keep you from feeling too confident.

Scott
Tailgunner

« Reply #1091 on: February 24, 2009, 04:15:50 PM »

Saw a guy get off of a brand new Ninja 600

I just wish I had the frame of mind to take a pic... of boobies and post 'em here

When you say "get off", do you mean getting for as in GOT OFF? Or like, well you know what I'm sayin?  Grin
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #1092 on: February 24, 2009, 08:16:58 PM »

I rocked shoes for awhile before I got my boots (i should say, before Mo got me my boots...) *shrug* They weren't tennis shoes or skate shoes but they probably would have been just as useless in a wreck.

Darkhorse den mother
ryandalling

« Reply #1093 on: February 25, 2009, 05:58:43 AM »

Sidi makes riding shoes. Pretty cool looking... more like high tops... but they have lower versions too. I always wonder about them. I have two nice pairs of boots and was thinking of getting some riding shoes that were semi comfortable to wear at work when I ride in.

jdubbs32584
« Reply #1094 on: February 25, 2009, 07:08:07 AM »

Sidi makes riding shoes. Pretty cool looking... more like high tops... but they have lower versions too. I always wonder about them. I have two nice pairs of boots and was thinking of getting some riding shoes that were semi comfortable to wear at work when I ride in.

I have these:

http://www.newenough.com/boots/waterproof_sport_street_touring_boots/tour_master/solution_wp_road_motorcycle_boots.html

They're not Sidi's or anything but they are comfortable to walk around in and I've dumped both my bike and Mother's bike wearing them and they held up great.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: