Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:34:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 508332 times)
jdubbs32584
« Reply #1230 on: March 28, 2009, 09:38:52 PM »

make little fire

add burnable stuff to make little fire bigger

:-D

If I was in my own house and not your parents, I would risk learning it on my own. But I really didn't want to burn your parents house down. At least I could fiddle with the breakers and wasn't completely inept.

So hush. cheeky
Tailgunner

« Reply #1231 on: April 02, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »

I saw a very humbling sight on my way home this evening. A motorcycle was in the street and there was a tarp  Cry as the road was being blocked off.

One of my favorite little twisty spots where SE Woodstock jogs over to Bybee. RIP to the rider. It was a sport bike.

Bumber!

ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1232 on: April 02, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2009/04/motorcyclist_dies_in_se_portla.html

Be safe out there people. It's not just a ticket if we make a mistake on the street. RIP.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
SaltLick
« Reply #1233 on: April 03, 2009, 05:34:23 AM »

I saw a very humbling sight on my way home this evening. A motorcycle was in the street and there was a tarp  Cry as the road was being blocked off.

One of my favorite little twisty spots where SE Woodstock jogs over to Bybee. RIP to the rider. It was a sport bike.

Bumber!

Last year on bald peak road i got passed by a yamaha R1, the dude was doing mach 10 up on those hills which aint good. About 30 minutes later almost to the top there was a fire engine turned sideways in the road turning everyone around. I could see that yamaha R1 that passed me smashed to bits and the rider covered up in a tarp.  A car next to him with its hood smashed in. Ride safely on the road so you can live to ride another day.
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #1234 on: April 03, 2009, 05:28:48 PM »

Drinks made with gin:

1.  Bronx Cocktail - gin, dry & sweet vermouth, o.j.
2.  Gimlet - gin, lime juice, sugar.
3.  Martini - vermouth, olives or onions.
4.  Pink Lady - gin, grenadine, egg white Shocked, fresh cream.
5.  Salty Dog - gin, grapefruit juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt
6.  Singapore Sling - gin, cherry brandy, lemon juice, tsp. sugar, club soda.
7.  Tom Collins - lemon juice, tsp. sugar, club soda

This is according to my Official Bar Guide Wheel of Drinks.  It's a little cardboard wheel that dates from the 1970's.   I'm sure this is a little out of date - there's gotta be more than this, right?

I always wanted to be a bartender . . .
NEIKOS
« Reply #1235 on: April 03, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »

With the current economy and the developing one there will be lots of demand for bartenders while us unemployed blokes drink away our miseries..
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #1236 on: April 03, 2009, 08:07:07 PM »

With the current economy and the developing one there will be lots of demand for bartenders while us unemployed blokes drink away our miseries..

Say it ain't so, Chuck.  You OK?
ryandalling

« Reply #1237 on: April 04, 2009, 05:58:51 AM »

Hey man.. let us know if you need anything.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #1238 on: April 04, 2009, 07:02:40 AM »

Oh, no . . . sorry.

It was a universal "us" not an inclusive us.  To my knowledge I still have a job.  waytogo
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #1239 on: April 04, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »

I almost got pulled over by the Multnomah County Marine Patrol today on the way to MotoCorsa. [moto]

I was merging onto I-405 South on the Fremont bridge and I was about to pass the car in front of me, I looked over my left shoulder and saw there was a pick-up behind me, I could have goosed it and got in front of it, but I'm glad I didn't, 'cause it was the Marine Patrol truck. Shocked  Not 5 seconds after he passed me, he flipped on his lights and pulled over a Toyota. Cool

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #1240 on: April 04, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »

Being a bartender is definitely a fun job, can pay well, but the hours can wear on ya after a while... 

On a side note, got a phone call on Thursday from TeamOR... If all goes well, I may be in PDX the weekend of May 2-3 for training!!  Anyone down for some beers that weekend???  Smiley

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #1241 on: April 05, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »

Today was stunning.

Perfect riding weather.

Really, really, really happy that I got out for a ride.  Myself and some moto hooligans from church started out in oregon City, went out Central Point, meandered through rural Clackamas County (deciding right/left at each stop sign was a shrug and a "let's try going that way"), wound up on 213 and took that to Mulino, got off the highway again and wound our way over to Beavercreek Rd, down to Hwy 211, stopped in Estacada, back by McIver State Park, over to Redland Rd and back to Oregon City.  Including going from Mom & Dad's to OC and back, it wound up being around 90 miles.  Also rode to church this morning, so today's total comes to 124 miles.  Not a bad kickoff for the first real riding day of the season!

And now, I am back making more resumes.  Some more promising opportunities in this region just opened up, so I need to go pursue those...

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
ryandalling

« Reply #1242 on: April 06, 2009, 06:16:26 AM »

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
It's all right

marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #1243 on: April 06, 2009, 07:03:27 AM »

80% done w/ the Instuctor process now...  30 minute phone interview (hopefully today or tomorrow) then the Instructor class on May 2-3 if I make it past that and I think that's it...

Ride safe all!

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
ryandalling

« Reply #1244 on: April 06, 2009, 07:43:12 AM »

80% done w/ the Instuctor process now...  30 minute phone interview (hopefully today or tomorrow) then the Instructor class on May 2-3 if I make it past that and I think that's it...

Ride safe all!

Good luck with that. Sounds like fun. I imagine that being an instructor would lead to some pretty interesting stories....

Hey Elias - Any hot chicks offer you anything fun to pass them? Ha ha ha.... I know that when I worked at 7-Eleven in high school... I was offered some fun stuff to sell alcohol after 2 am. Damn security cameras kept me from.... well... I mean... I turned her down stating I could lose my job.  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: